Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 12-24-2003 at 03:09 AM

Doesn't this look lovely?
http://www.munoz-industries.com/proyect1.htm
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 12-24-2003 at 03:21 AM

Ski, we?ve seen the enemy, and it?s not us. Look closely at this map and choose your fights carefully.
http://www.munoz-industries.com/proyect1.htm
Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2003 at 12:45 PM

Is there any possibility that all this land will actually be subdivided as this map shows? This is what happened to the Yucatan but with super resorts instead of single-residency parcels as the map indicates. I used to love the Yucatan coast ? but no more. However, even if this Playa El Requeson project is dead in the water, it signals the continuing tide against us campers in Baja. I wouldn?t count on the shortage of water preventing development along the coasts of Baja; I have found that nearly the entire city of Havana in Cuba has its water trucked in. If I were to retire on the bahia, I would not gripe too loudly about paying $100.00 or more per month for water. At least the shortage of water would, hopefully, confine the development of Play El Requeson to exclude the mega-resorts, and the advertisers claim to own the only non-edijo land on the bahia; but really, that is of little comfort it the entire sand spit is to be blocked by whatever is to go in those lots on that map. Whether this particular project pans out or not, I would anticipate much more of the same kind of development throughout the peninsula in the future. When it comes to developers: Where there?s a will, there?s a way.
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 1-27-2004 at 12:05 PM
This Big Scam is tied up in Court in La Paz

I stayed for a lengthy time at El Requeson last year and learned a considerable amount about the area and the history etc, and late into my stay I learned an enormous amount about this investment scam being brought forth by this Munoz Industries to develop lands in the southern Baja. First off what I learned about this scam.

1) The guy behind this scam showed up some time last year 2003 and informed and showed the current and legal title holders some crappy false titles (land deeds) to various lands such as Playa El Requeson and the neighbouring lands and playas in the area and informed the real owners that the land was going to be developed whether they liked it or not.

2) One of the title holders (name not mentioned here) has taken the issue to court in La Paz and has spent well over $40K USD in court to prove that this Munoz Industries and the people behind it have no legal claim to the lands that they are claim to have title on. I have a number of La Paz papers with the articles and so far as I have heard, the Munoz Industries is not in a good position as it appears their scam has backfired. They posses false titles and they are still trying to muscle in on these lands the mexican way. By force and thru money and bribes.

3) As I hate to see the small honest land owner get screwed, I spent some time to investigate this issue last year and found that the legal title holders are being forced into a situation that they might not be able to afford should investors back this camming Munoz Industries. I was able to see the legal title to a number of these lands at issue and then researched the varacity of Munoz Industries claim to these individuals land and found that Munoz Industries is a major scam and have no legal claim to the titles or land.

4) Munoz Industries needs money and unsuspecting investors to pour their money into this suposed development project. It will never fly as the issue is in or was in court last I heard.

5) If anyone is considering investment in this Munoz Industries project or shall I say big scam, they will definitely lose their money. Don't screw the legal title holders by supporting this scam. Please inform anyone that asks about this issue that it is nothing more than a major scam that is or will be tied up in court for a long time. The legal title holders need campers and supporters to help to spread the good word that scammers will not screw up this paradise.

Support the legal owners and DO NOT support this Munoz Industries in this big lie and scam.

The Mac

JupiterBound

[*] posted on 2-10-2004 at 10:04 PM
Munoz Hotel San Beneventura

We were recent unwitting clients at Hotel san Beneventura, operated by this Munoz Character. There web site is fraudulent and hardly represents the accomodations. We lost over $6000 dollars in deposits, with promised refunds never materializing. And we even used PayPal, which I thought gave us some protection. So burned but a bit wiser. Never go there again and never use PayPal again. does anyone have any personal adress information on Rafael Munoz or Alex Munoz? Appears to be a reall family scam operation
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2004 at 10:35 PM

Six Thousand Dollars!?

:o

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2004 at 10:45 PM

Doesn't Munoz do package deals with air transportation and everything else? This might explain the six grand.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-10-2004 at 11:10 PM

A deposit of $6,000? What was the the deposit for? A year's stay at the little motel?

I have heard it many times, that you should only invest in Mexico what you can afford to lose!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2004 at 11:51 PM
Please....

tell me that this "Munoz" and "Capt. Munoz" are different and totally non-related.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-11-2004 at 12:55 AM

Yes Debra, totally different, I can bet you.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2004 at 12:57 AM
THANK YOU.....

I could almost hear Corke and "Uncle Erle" turning over in their graves.

[Edited on 2-11-2004 by Debra]
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 2-11-2004 at 04:06 PM
sorry Jupiter bound.....

but you are a real sucker. anyone who gives a foreign enterprise $6K, paypal or otherwise, is asking to have his pants taken off!

one must ponder....What WERE you thinking??!!
even at a deposit ratio of 20%, it states you were going to spend $30 K! for what? a month of rooms in his hotel?

And...if it was for real property...well, doncha know every hectare in baja has been resold 10X for each existent piece of fee title!!

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Barney
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2004 at 05:33 PM

David K. is right-on... If you put your hard earned money into Mexican property. Make sure it's no more than you are willing to cry over.
JEFE

[*] posted on 10-19-2005 at 10:06 PM

Can one get into Playa Coyote with a 31' Travel Trailer? My truck does have 4X4.
marla
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2005 at 10:47 AM

Let me tell you a PayPal story. I ordered and paid for a video camera through ebay, it was like $300 or so. I used my American Express. Well it was a fraud and I never got my video camera, and the seller never even responded once to my queries I protested the sale to both ebay and PayPal, which is supposed to have buyer protection for situations like this. After a brief time, PayPal sent me an email saying that, yes, I was the victim of fraud but too bad they could not recover any of my money. So what happened to the promised buyer protection they supposedly offered? Then, I protested the charge on my American Express card. As soon as PayPal got the notice from American Express that I was declining to pay the charges, they suddenly came to life and decided the fraud WAS covered under the buyer protection plan and they refunded my money. So I will still use Paypal because sometimes you have no choice, but I always use my American Express which will protect me and refuse to pay any charges that I dispute.

If a man walks in the woods for love of them half of each day, he is in danger of being regarded as a loafer. But if he spends his days as a speculator, shearing off those woods and making the earth bald before her time, he is deemed an industrious and enterprising citizen. Henry David Thoreau
marla
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2005 at 10:50 AM

OK I just tried to copy and paste a photo from my laptop into this space but it didn't work. What am I doing wrong?

If a man walks in the woods for love of them half of each day, he is in danger of being regarded as a loafer. But if he spends his days as a speculator, shearing off those woods and making the earth bald before her time, he is deemed an industrious and enterprising citizen. Henry David Thoreau
beachbum

[*] posted on 10-22-2005 at 05:24 PM

Bajataco-
I was wondering where that first sunset shot was taken...what a great spot. Thanks for the photos.
Have you ever been to Punta Colonet? Is it still preserved and peaceful as it used to be fifteen years ago?
Sandee
Spyderman
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-27-2005 at 06:27 AM

Didn't load correctly for me.
turtleandtoad
Senior Nomad

Mood: Good if fishing

[*] posted on 10-27-2005 at 06:49 AM
Requeson Sunset

Here's one I took from the steps of my RV

[Edited on 10-27-2005 by turtleandtoad]

[Edited on 10-27-2005 by turtleandtoad]

Mike & Robin; Full-Time RV\'ers
37\' Georgetown w/3 slides & 275 Watts of Solar Power
06 Taco TRD
www.turtleandtoad.com
I am here

To paraphrase Frank Lloyd Wright; I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with keyboards. -- Mike Dean
turtleandtoad
Senior Nomad

Mood: Good if fishing

[*] posted on 10-27-2005 at 06:56 AM
Another El Requeson shot

This one is from the top of the island. My RV is on the far right.

Mike & Robin; Full-Time RV\'ers
37\' Georgetown w/3 slides & 275 Watts of Solar Power
06 Taco TRD
www.turtleandtoad.com
I am here

To paraphrase Frank Lloyd Wright; I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with keyboards. -- Mike Dean
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.