BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: The ultimate example of Hypocracy.
Minnow
Banned

Mood: Embarrased Harry Reid is a Nevadan

[*] posted on 10-31-2003 at 09:49 AM
The ultimate example of Hypocracy.

This is a quote for the Nomad suggestions and comments page. In is Nomad quotes me and offers a rebuttal. It is the same post leading a thread that M deleted. If it was so offending as to be deleted, why was it offered in quotes on another section on this very site. Doug, take a look.

Minnow

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Minnow
It's funny how I can post an opinion, with no name calling or hysterical ranting, and it be deleted. Why? For no other reason than it is different than the board moderator...

...I hope you all out there are taking notice. Unless your views are the same as those "in control" here, you will be censored. There is no free exchange of ideas. Only those of one group.

Baja Red
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2003 at 10:22 AM
Deleted

Minnow, I am with you. It just happened to me the other day and I wondered where my post/rebuttal went. It was deleted by someone that wanted to erase my response and was allowed to.
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2003 at 11:21 AM
Managers

No offense to Doug whatsoever but does this come as a surprise ?
Minnow
Banned

[*] posted on 10-31-2003 at 11:56 AM

I'm not blaming Doug. In the times we have spoke he comes off as a super nice guy. My problem is with allowing M to moderate. There is no moderation in her moderating.
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2003 at 12:00 PM
Moderating

That's why we moved away from Laguna Niguel. Too much "earthtone" and lack of individuality.
Stephanie Jackter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2003 at 12:39 PM
Well, I guess I have to agree on that one.

And now am wondering what else I might not have seen that's been deleted. I hate to wind up defending someone who despises me, but unless we defend equal rights to everybody, we all run the risk of losing our own.

The quoted post was angry, but should have not been chucked. It was an opinion, not a slam.

Unfortunately, boards do change, often according to the whim of the moderators. I never got deleted ONCE off of Fred's board, having participated there civily for two or three years, untill Tim and Wild Bill started moderating. Now I'm lucky if I see one out of three posts get left on the board. If the post contains my opinion, whether it's non commercial and Baja related or not, it usually gets slammed cause I'm of a different political bent than those doing the moderating.

The recent post by Tim under my "Great big Public Thank You" thread thanking me out of one side of his mouth and calling me an unwelcomed name out of the other and the complete lack of a response from a private letter I wrote to Fred with my concerns about having a post with govt. contacts to write to try to save the dolphins deleted, made me decide I'll only post there when I really need to from now on. As long as you're talking about the best place to buy tamales, you're "in like flint". Talk about an injustice having to do with tourism, that might gore someone's political ox and get ready to be "out".

I've never posted on Bajanet , but I've peeked a little and find most of my most vocal critics making a home there. Would I be welcomed there? Hmmm. That's a good question. Because I haven't posted there yet, I'll try not to judge, but I can't help but have my suspicions.

I hope it's not lost in the noise that a lot of the same people who now seem to have no problem communicating with me here were just happy as clams to see me, not edited or deleted, but kicked completely off the Amigos board for being no more vocal than I am here. And I haven't heard one apology to date from any of the ones who made that mistake, including you, Minnow. Not one of you stood up to tell the moderator there that you felt it was the wrong thing to do. And the one's who did got kicked off with me.

Some may ask why I keep bringing it up? Can't I let by-gones be by-gones? Well, you know, I could. But the injustice of it has never, to this day, been acknowledged by any of those who ganged up to get me thrown off or simply participated by throwing personal jabs every time I put up a post. Untill that happens, the ghost will be here haunting.

I urge the moderators here to PLEASE be moderate on this board. It is what will attract people to feel they can speak freely instead of feeling forced to just lurk or go some place else. I understand that Minnow did self edit the name calling post he put up against me. I saw the Santiago Zoo posts and although I thought it was p-poor timeing on his part to ask about the zoo fund when she was watching for fire leaping toward her house, jeans' response and his response to her were quite civil and should not have been deleted.

I didn't see some of the rest of the stuff that was deleted, but have confidence that if mild mannered Mike Humphreville is complaining, there's probably some heavy handedness on the button.

I have been very proud to be associated with this board over the past year or so I've been posting, enjoying the good company of those who either opted off or got kicked off the Amigos board with me and enjoying even more the wide variety of opinions, beliefs, news, recipies, etc. that the board has to offer. Let's please just keep it civil and open to opinions whether they are popular and sweet ones or not. It is the respect for the unpopular opinion that supposedly makes us the great society we are. Please be respectful of that , whoever's doing the moderation.

I love Mexico, but I say things here that could probably get me found dead on a street corner if I espoused them in Mexico City. I value the opportunity that this country gives me to say what I feel is right. And a tiny part of that should be the right to tell the moderators here that I feel they've done wrong. I hope that will be respected.

If not, it's not like I haven't been given the boot before.......I've kind of gotten used to it.

Happy Halloween everybody. This ghost has to carve some pumpkins and take some other punkins out trick r treating. - Stephanie

[Edited on 10-31-2003 by Stephanie Jackter]

When the goin' gets tough, the wierd turn pro
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 10-31-2003 at 01:39 PM
Stephanie.....try switching to decaf....

it's done wonders for me!!

still love that Hunter S. sign off, though......

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2003 at 03:25 PM

Capt. Mike: Am I reading right or wrong. Are you having a Heart problem??Pressure??
Any way I just had a 90% blockage and 2 more small ones taken care of last week. Its a milk walk.
Hope you are O. K.

This battle over the thread and the deletes reminds me of the best fight I ever had the honor to observe.
It happened in front of the Lodge and Bar in Datil New Mexico. I was a 10 year old kid on a wild turkey hunt with my Uncle.
To lakies started out in the bar exited the structure and rolled in the mud, the Blood and the Beer for a good half hour.
The squealing,crying,blouse shredding,hair pulling, spitting,biting gouging,kicking finally ended with both LADIES out on the ground.Skeet/Loreto

Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2003 at 03:30 PM
Catterwalling

Skeet, this babble can't hold a candle to a true show like the one you described. Think we could start the first annual Catterwallin fest right here in Baja from members on here ? The beach is much softer here than that Tejas ground. Cheap Tequila to get em started with too.:lol:
jeans
Super Nomad

Mood: Encantada

[*] posted on 10-31-2003 at 04:37 PM
Too Late

This was from the last Viva Baja Party.
M & I got into a fight over Neal Johns.

It got ugly...:lol:

Mom always told me to be different - Now she says...Not THAT different
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2003 at 04:45 PM
Atta girlz

Now that's more like it !
Minnow
Banned

[*] posted on 10-31-2003 at 05:03 PM

Stephanie, I do not despise you. Actually, I have come to respect you in many ways. I may not agree with you all the time, but do more than you know. So there. Tom:P
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 11-1-2003 at 06:31 AM
hey Skeet, naw... ticker I think is fine.

have a few other minor things getting fixed right now. I should be fine, thx for asking. Now lets plan on getting to Loreto soon to visit Jorge!

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 11-1-2003 at 06:37 AM

Mike

Take care....
Enjoy as much as you can...
Good luck
Wish we could fly....:yes::yes:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-2-2003 at 09:43 AM
Stepford wives

seem to be the ones running the show here now. Too bad.
Here goes another good board. Thanks ladies. You've done it again.
jeans
Super Nomad

Mood: Encantada

[*] posted on 11-2-2003 at 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ski Baja
seem to be the ones running the show here now. Too bad.
Here goes another good board. Thanks ladies. You've done it again.

I removed the Guadalupe Canyon thread because it had degraded seriously.

Your "N" word epitaph directed at M was the last straw.
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-2-2003 at 10:25 AM
That "N" word

Was a phrase used by all of us wnen we lived there and is still in use today. C's son's were both born and raised there. The youngest is now 27, married and still lives there. We also have a good amount of friends who still live there. They lived there before it bacame "Stepford Territory" and still have open minds with senses of humor. I don't expect that on this board anymore.
M
Nomad

Mood: looking for joy...

[*] posted on 11-2-2003 at 11:51 AM
I believe it was you and Minnow that STARTED this mess.

If you don't want the consequences of being mean to people than stop writing it. If you think I am going to buy into your guilt trip regarding the deletion of posts, forget that to. They were deleted because a number of people requested that I do so. AND, While I find this whole thread rude and offensive I have left it up. IF I get e-mails asking me to remove it...I will. Another reason it is left up is because it sharply points out the nature of your integrity and personality. I couldn't have done a better job myself if my intent was to hurt or humiliate you. Have a nice day boys...M
Minnow
Banned

[*] posted on 11-2-2003 at 12:17 PM

In my opinion M it was you that started this mess by deleting posts that were contrary to your view. It was wrong to write something so negative about Guadalupe Canyon based on one visit. It was down right hypocritical in light of the fact that you and Jeans were some of its biggest promoters. Does it not matter to you that you two singlehandidly cost those people business? And all over a trash can that was too full. It may come as a surprise to you but sometimes life gets in the way, like the things canyon rob wrote to you about, and despite peoples best intentions they can't put their best foot forward. If you decide to write something like that in the future you had better be prepaired to back it up and not just delete every desenting post that comes along or more messes will happen.

Why are you attacking Ski Baja? Oh yea, he has an opinion different from yours, but he didn't start ANYTHING.

If so many people wrote to you asking posts to be deleted, why didn't they come to your support during this. It's just you Jeans and David, or are my suspicions correct that they were the only ones who wrote you. You write of character, It is also time for you to come clean about how many posts of mine and others you did actually delete.

And don't think your Have a nice day BOYS slight is unnoticed. More of your hypocracy.

[Edited on 2-11-2003 by Minnow]
M
Nomad

Mood: looking for joy...

[*] posted on 11-2-2003 at 01:32 PM
Minnow,

If you had payed attention to my posts, you would have caught that DK never wrote me at all. Neither did Jeans, she called me to ask if I had seen your post. As for the others, they are smart enough not to get involved, but were still offended enough to write me. I DELETED POSTS BECAUSE I WAS REQUESTED TO DO SO. If I delete posts that offend ME, this thread would have been gone long ago.Your harrasing the messenger is plain dumb. As for my experience in GC, that opinion was shared by all, not just me, and it was not "because the trash cans were full".u] Another reason this thread is left up is because it sharply points out the nature of your integrity and personality. I couldn't have done a better job myself if my intent was to hurt or humiliate you. ...M

[Edited on 2-11-2003 by M]
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.