BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: The ultimate example of Hypocracy.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-2-2003 at 01:41 PM

I have never contacted M to remove a post, never.

If you think jeans, M, and GeoRock are the only complainers... then go see the new post on Fred's board!

Guadalupe Canyon is a wonderful place... but, Arturo Loya cannot be expected to do all the maintenance, alone.

Nothing posted on this board will ever put Guadalupe Canyon out of business... Only their lack of doing fair buisness and poor campground maintanance can hurt them.

I am sure the goal of posting the truth of what is found there (or anywhere else) is only to cause the problem to get fixed for everyone's benefit, not to put them out of business, as you think.

For $75/ night, I think one should expect to get the camp they reserved and the filth & trash from the previous occupants be removed. Neither was the case.

Again, this complaint is not limited to the Baja gals from Nomad... go to Fred's board. Will you reply to that person in the same manner as you have here?

[Edited on 11-2-2003 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

jeans
Super Nomad

Mood: Encantada

[*] posted on 11-2-2003 at 02:09 PM
Minnow

Minnow...your buddies on the other board are telling you to drop it. That you are wasting you time here. Listen to them.

One even said that you stepped over the line at Cielto Feo (I think he meant Lindo).

That is in referrence to the attacks you started after the first BBBB in June 2001.

It began as anonymous posts stating the women were ruining the board. It got real ugly until M busted you by matching up IP numbers. You apologized then but obviously this has been festering ever since.

You stated in an U2U that it was your belief that we ruined Amigos and you were "not going to let that happen here". Sounds like a personal vendetta to me. (The reason for the accusatory Santiago Zoo thread that you removed after my cheery response did not serve your purpose).

I firmly believe that if my Guadalupe Canyon post had been posted by anyone else other than M & myself, this would have passed on into obscurity.

If your concern for Arturo & family and their future business is sincere, why are you not confronting an ever worse accusation on Fred's board? (or mine, for that matter.) The reason of course, is that you could not get away with your garbage there.

Listen to your buddies, Minnow....give it up.

[Edited on 11-2-2003 by jeans]
Minnow
Banned

Mood: Embarrased Harry Reid is a Nevadan

[*] posted on 11-2-2003 at 02:11 PM

For some reason M you still insist on the name calling. Is is so hard for you to post without the name calling? You are supposed to be the moderator and set an example. How can you justify deleting posts by saying, others requested I delete them, and then turn around and call people names. That is hypocracy, and everyone here sees it. So don't worry about what others are thinking of me, worry about yourself.

David you miss my point entirely, as usual. I didn't protest the Bajababes point. I objected to the fact that M deleted my posts that questioned why they would fry a place they previously touted.

Why do you and M and Jeans insist on distorting what I wrote. Now that M has been repremanded by Doug and she can't just go and delete my posts, it's going to be much harder for you folks to keep spreading your lies.

Cost them business and Put them out of business are two very different things, just more of your spin doctoring I guess.

Jeans, I removed the Zoo thread after I read the nasty U2U you sent me. If you rememder, I too wrote a nice response to your "Cheery" answer. If you wanted me to leave it up, why did you send me such an angry message?

More lies Jeans. I didn't make my comments annonymously after the first BBBB. Remember the stink you guys raised by constantly creating threads related to it, we lost a lot of good posters during that period, well some of the disenters were there and all I posted was that some felt the Women, thats mostly you and M were responsible for Amigos being less information based and more Clique based. Looking back, I couldn't have been more correct. My appology consisted of saying I was sorry to M if my comment detracted from her "work" to put the gathering together.

[Edited on 2-11-2003 by Minnow]

Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-2-2003 at 02:34 PM

OK Minnow, see thread under "vehicles in Baja". I hate when "remember when you blah blah blah" is brought up. This me thinks, is getting a little out of hand and we are all looking fairly Gringo like. And since the Board is supposed to be Baja related, we are all showing a very un-Baja like attitude.
What if the Mexicans are watching ? We will be wondering why they are snickering even harder than they already were !
And for those of you expecting something different than the service you get here, try somewhere else.
M
Nomad

Mood: looking for joy...

[*] posted on 11-2-2003 at 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Minnow
Why do you and M and Jeans insist on distorting what I wrote. Now that M has been repremanded by Doug and she can't just go and delete my posts, it's going to be much harder for you folks to keep spreading your lies.

FIRSTLY, Minnow, WHAT NAME DID I CALL YOU? Have you forgotten that we can all re-read what I wrote and NOWHERE in there is a derogitory name I called you.
AS FOR MY BEING REPRIMANDED BY DOUG, you must be drunk! Doug e-mailed me and said I was doing fine and fair. As for my power to moderate, care to get a little nastier? a little more personal? I will be happy to 'moderate' for you. I have asked you to drop this rant yet you keep on ranting. You know, there are other boards that share your opinions, I would think you would be happier there. I have recieved another 3 e-mails since this morning offering support and telling me not to be hurt. Not a problem, I am not hurt at all, I'm simply considering the source. As long as you continue making stuff up I am finding your gall to be amuseing. Remember, ANYONE can re-read yours or my posts yet you continue to insist I said or did something that is not there, or true. Minnow, don't you have it in you to just leave it alone? I continue to ask nicely that you drop this thing, but actually, I am just as guilty for responding....actually, this will be my last response...and warning. I will start editing anything in this thread that is not Baja related, or, you can leave it alone, and so will I. The ball is in your court. M
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 11-2-2003 at 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Minnow
In my opinion M it was you that started this mess by deleting posts that were contrary to your view.
From all the information I'm getting back, although there was information contrary to the main post, there were also personal darts aimed at people as well, which is simply not okay. Although it would be nice for a moderator to go in and edit your post and just leave the valid rebuttal portion, there's no stipulation or requirement that they have to spend the time to do that. If a posting violates the guidelines here, it may be deleted. Simple as that. You're an intelligent person, and I'm certain you are aware of this.

Quote:
It was wrong to write something so negative about Guadalupe Canyon based on one visit. It was down right hypocritical in light of the fact that you and Jeans were some of its biggest promoters.
I wholly disagree. If someone has a good experience and recommends a travel destination, their responsibility is to those they give the recommendations to, not the operators of the destinations/establishments themselves. In fact, if a "reviewer" has ties with an establishment, how "unbiased" is their review? This is when it becomes unethical.

Quote:
Does it not matter to you that you two singlehandidly cost those people business? And all over a trash can that was too full. It may come as a surprise to you but sometimes life gets in the way, like the things canyon rob wrote to you about, and despite peoples best intentions they can't put their best foot forward.
If business is lost, it's not the because of the reviewers, it's because of the management. Don't shift the blame. Everyone here hopes that future GC reports are glowing in their satisfaction.

Quote:
Why are you attacking Ski Baja?
Did I miss something here?

Quote:
If so many people wrote to you asking posts to be deleted, why didn't they come to your support during this.
Because there are many people here that do not wish to be confrontational, nor a target of criticism. They do however, visit here often. I know from the amount of visitors, versus posters here. There are MANY viewers (in 'net lingo: "lurkers") here that read a LOT, and post only so often. And they're not afraid of using the "report" button to let us know of posts they want us to review. A big thanks to all of YOU.

Quote:
Now that M has been repremanded by Doug and she can't just go and delete my posts, it's going to be much harder for you folks to keep spreading your lies.
I remain very confident in M's ability to be a fair moderator. No reprimand has taken place.

Quote:
Jeans, I removed the Zoo thread...
I however, am disappointed in both you and Jeans for removing threads from the board that many others had spent time contributing to. If there were particular posts that you were concerned with, then you should've used the "report" button as well. Now you've removed content that others value, and alienated both of yourselves in the process.... and that's my $.02 worth.

For those that don't know: If you start a thread and then delete your original post, it'll delete the whole thread. Both Minnow and Jeans did so having this knowledge.

This thread too has run its course and will be closed.

Regards,
--
Doug Means

[Edited on 11-2-2003 by BajaNomad]

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.