Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: road from San Felipe to Cocos
baja Steve
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2006 at 03:48 PM
road from San Felipe to Cocos

Has anyone been on the road from Porto to Cocos in the last week or so. I was down it in Nov and it was bad. Will be going back north the end of Feb. thanks
mcgyver
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2006 at 05:06 PM
Highy 5

Just look back in the forum. I have made extensive reports on this in October & November.

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2006 at 11:05 AM

I was down over New Years and it was the same as Nov. Some good some bad, but it'a all Baja.
baja Steve
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2006 at 10:11 AM

TW. Thanks for the road report. I am in Mulege now and need to be Puetrocietos in the new week or so. If anyone has newer info I would like it. Not sure why, I will go any way.
mcgyver
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2006 at 11:48 AM

Baja Steve: I was down there this week and the only change is a couple of new culverts caved in that are not well marked yet, the ore trucks break through and it leaves a 22" X 6' hole , watch out at the vados, locals try to keep them marked by 3 rocks, beer cans, poles sticking out of them, old tires or anything to catch the eye. These occur on for 15 miles N and about 8 miles S of Puertecitos.

bajataco
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-26-2006 at 01:55 PM

South of Volcan Prieta, and before you climb up to the mountain pass, be careful of the HUGE boulder that has rolled down onto the road. If you come around that turn in bright sunlight and the dark rock is in the shadows, it would be easy to hit it :o

pappy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-29-2006 at 01:27 PM

hey taco- nice website you have! by the way, where can i get one of those showers?(make, model, etc.)thanks...:yes:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.