Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Yurts in San Ignacio
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2006 at 01:09 PM
Yurts in San Ignacio

I've heard on this site these are fun to say in.....Do you need to bring bedding? How much? Where are they exactly? Thanks
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-24-2006 at 01:29 PM

Debra, use the Internet:light::yes: : http://www.ignaciosprings.com

On this page it shows the inside (with beds all nicely made): http://www.ignaciosprings.com/content/view/6/8/

This is like a hotel, not tent camping at Yosemite... looks great!

[Edited on 1-24-2006 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2006 at 01:32 PM

?????? David, what's the internet?????

Besides, I'm looking for opions, not "advertising" :biggrin:

[Edited on 1-24-2006 by Debra]

To those who might be wondering (someone emailed me asking) no, David and I aren't having a "tiff" I have to razz him or he WILL think I'm mad at him. :biggrin:

[Edited on 1-24-2006 by Debra]
cascabel 6
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2006 at 02:18 PM

Debra,

You are speaking of Ignacio Springs Bed and Breakfast in San Ignacio. It is owned and operated by Terry and Gary Mercer, a Canadian couple who were outfitters in northern Canada before moving to San Ignacio. They are a wonderful couple and the most gracious of hosts.

The yurts are octagonal tents that Terry has decorated very tastefully with a lot of stuff from their old lodge in Canada. In my opinion, they are as nicely appointed as many expensive hotels I've stayed in during my professional travels. There are seven units currently with two (as I recall) having en suite bathrooms.

Ignacio Springs is located right on the river amongst the date palms and is one of the most tranquil places I've had the privilege of visiting. I strongly urge you to give it a try. The lodging, food and hospitality are unparalled. You can raise them via email on the net or by telephone as you wish. Get Terry to make her tomato bake. It is the best!

This is a treat you should not miss. Have fun.
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2006 at 05:27 PM

Debra
Everything that cascabel6 said plus the best breakfast in Baja. If you get there early enough Terry will also make a wonderful dinner for you.
You cannot go wrong staying there. You can go wrong if you dont make a ressie first;) They fill up fast as the sun goes down.
We are popping in unannounced next week and hoping there will be room.

Acuity
Nomad

Mood: Craving sleep!

[*] posted on 1-24-2006 at 06:16 PM

I agree that it is a wonderful place to stay. However, unless you are very fit, it could be dangerous to your health to stay too long as the food is so delicious!
Acuity
Nomad

Mood: Craving sleep!

[*] posted on 1-24-2006 at 06:17 PM

And the yurts are pretty cool. You can see the moon through the skylight.
Oso
Ultra Nomad

Mood: wait and see

[*] posted on 1-24-2006 at 06:43 PM

Looks good, but I didn't see a yes or no about dogs...

All my childhood I wanted to be older. Now I\'m older and this chitn sucks.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 1-24-2006 at 07:48 PM

Quote:

the best breakfast in Baja

if you've still not decided, then what more can be said. a first class operation.....

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2006 at 07:50 PM

and the river.....

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2006 at 07:52 PM

probably one of the best nights sleep/rest i've ever had.

and did anyone mention the breakfast????

Marie-Rose
Senior Nomad

Mood: Worried...

[*] posted on 1-24-2006 at 08:51 PM

I couldn't agree more Debra! It's been awhile since we've been there but the yurts were great! Very comfortable. I think we paid less than $100. No problems having a dog with us. The breakfast was fabulous. Best homemade jam, with never ending homemade bread!!!
:tumble:
Juan del Rio
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2006 at 09:30 PM
...just do it!

I think you'd enjoy the experience. Here is a photo of one of the larger yurts:
Juan del Rio
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2006 at 09:31 PM
smaller yurt inside...

[Edited on 1-25-2006 by Juan del Rio]
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2006 at 10:11 PM

Yes on the dogs

DavidT
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2006 at 11:07 PM

Debra,

Stayed over last October on the way to Conception Bay. Enjoyed it so much that we stopped ovenight on the way back. Arrived about 4:30 without a reservation and got the yurt on the left closest to the water, it was $56US and that included a great breakfast. Gary asked if we would like to join them for dinner, usually you have to request dinner before 2:00, but they had a couple of places open. Dinner was $12 per person and served family style. The kids had been fishing that day at Punta Abreojos so dinner was fresh dorado, fresh lobster, fresh oysters and fresh shrimp. And tomato bake. Homemade cookies for dessert. Two of the men at the dinner table are guides for the whale watching tours, Terry, Gary, their daughter Toni and her two Italian sisters, and Toni's boyfriend, a young man from New Zealand and other guests.
Breakfast is served at your leisure between 7:00 and 10:00, wander in and I bet Gary will offer you a cup of mud to start your day.

On the way back we stayed in the larger yurt and it was $65US. The yurts are fully equipped, including robes for your short walk to the bathhouse. All in all a wonderful place to stay.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-24-2006 at 11:33 PM

Come on folks... can't you say anything nicer about the place??? :lol::lol:

I would like to stay there as well!

It sounded so good when I first heard about it, I remember telling Capt. Mike to take his guests there... But he thought sleeping in a 'tent' was too rough for his clients... Those sure don't look like any tent I've ever slept in!

Anyway, this is great to hear good reports about a good establishment! The same reason I am excited about what Antonio is doing in El Rosario... Good people doing good things for Baja travelers...

I hope none of you Ignacio Springs supporters get accused of taking bribes to talk so nicely about the place... like I have for bragging about Baja Cactus!!!:rolleyes::lol::wow:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2006 at 06:15 AM

Gary & Terry?, as special as hosts can get...Yurts warm, immaculate and a great place to sleep and ?????

Terry's cooking "make you wanna slap yo mama"!!! Also have Gary set you up with a light fishing rod, had a 20 lb carp last time there....

They can also hook you up with whale watch trips to the Lagoon. Last Valentines Day Deborah and I went....what an experience to see a mother whale actually carry her baby to the panga for people to touch...I'm not too spiritual but this is as close as it gets for me..

Great place, great price & great people! George & Deborah
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 1-25-2006 at 06:33 AM

We have always looked for some excuse to get into San Ignacio late enough in the day to warrant a night at this truly great place. (It's only another 2 hours or so to our house!).

My only concern and complaint is....the beds are too comfy, the food is too good, and I eat too much...getting to be muy grande!.....and I NEVER GOT ANY TOMATO BAKE!! Somebody... puh-leeeze descibe the 'tomato bake'...please...sigh...I love tomato anything.

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2006 at 06:38 AM

Hey Pompano,

When are you and I finally going to meet...

Been reading your post a long time now.. Deborah and I going to deliver a trailer to Loreto on the 30 of January, then close on Loreto lot the 31st in Santa Rosalita.

You gonna be around the end of the month? I'm about a hour from gary & Terry, Punta Abreojos......fishing slow now, water cold 62 degrees...

hasta amigo George & deborah
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.