Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Yurts in San Ignacio
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2006 at 06:42 AM

Wow thanks everybody.....if the Breakfast didn't sell me those Brass beds did! (I'll feel like I'm in my own bed only better!) And thanks for the news about dogs, I hadn't thought about that since I don't have one but friends traveling with do. YAHOO CAN'T WAIT!

Another question: (Do I make sure I have Deet on hand? :O)

I will email Terry and Gary to get further info.

Thanks again everybody, you're the BEST!!!!
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2006 at 06:46 AM

Capt. George:

You are right about the awesome experience with the Whales, I've done that before, but, this will be the first time for my Whale loving 12 year old. I couldn't have slapped off the smile on his face when I told him we were going if I'd wanted to!
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 1-25-2006 at 07:45 AM

George, ...heck yes, we will be here, so come on by. We would love to see you and your wife, Deborah. Always fresh coffee and homemade biscotti handy..unless the c-cktail flag is up. We are at Coyote Bay on the beach. Can't miss us..been here since the earth cooled.

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
paul r
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2006 at 10:33 AM

terri and gary= class act!!!!
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2006 at 05:41 PM

Pompano, Coyote Bay? Bahia Concepcion I assume??

Has the earth cooled yet, I think not under our feet.....go, go, and go!

Debra, the operatrion at Laguna San Ignacio very professional. All guests get, and wear, life jackets. There is also a safety boat stationed on the whale grounds, just in case... A great experience. Your son will flip! as you will.....Ask gary & terry for details, prices etc.

George
lewm
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-26-2006 at 09:46 AM

That certainly looks & sounds like a great place to stay. My only question is what about the mosquitos? We stayed at the hotel [Presidente?] in the late 80's and had to battle them all night.
bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-26-2006 at 12:59 PM

We've stayed there twice and didn't notice any mosquitoes, but the doors and windows are screened so sometimes they must be around.

Debra, if you're bringing Brandon [sp?] he'd probably enjoy the lagoon--and there's no charge for the use of their boating stuff.

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-26-2006 at 07:24 PM

Whale watching in winter...bugs minimal...don't know what is there in summer...e gary y terry VERY honest!

george
tim40
Senior Nomad

Mood: There yet?

[*] posted on 1-26-2006 at 09:40 PM

We have stayed 3 times. Where most have posted it is a great night stay, we have driven down from MB to make it our destination for 4 and 5 nights. The yurts are very nice, the lagoon is fun, the food will make you fat, the hosts are fun (we have been playing the damn dice game they taught us ever since our last visit), and they definitely have created some fun side trips (horse back riding, trek along the river, tour of ranchos, tooling around in the buggy... they should have a few bikes as we donated them 3 last time we were down for others could bike into town.

We also highly enjoyed the refurbished food joint almost next door just before crossing over the lagoon heading into town.

When searching for the end of your rainbow you only have until dusk....
cascabel 6
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2006 at 05:24 PM

Stayed there January, July, October & November. No bugs of any consequence. An occasional mosquito in the summer.

Dogs can stay without any problem.
turtleandtoad
Senior Nomad

Mood: Good if fishing

[*] posted on 1-27-2006 at 05:30 PM

take your fishing pole. I ran across an American there last year that said he had secretly stocked the lagoon with bass a couple of years earlier.

Mike & Robin; Full-Time RV\'ers
37\' Georgetown w/3 slides & 275 Watts of Solar Power
06 Taco TRD
www.turtleandtoad.com
I am here

To paraphrase Frank Lloyd Wright; I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with keyboards. -- Mike Dean
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2006 at 09:12 PM

Have bass pole, will travel......:biggrin:
Juan del Rio
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-28-2006 at 08:37 AM
If you don't have the pole...

Gary will set you up with one of his!
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.