Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Golf Clubs
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 1-25-2006 at 05:55 AM
Golf Clubs

Capt Mike's ad on his 'solar system' got me to thinking about stuff I don't need or want in Baja...which in my case is surely GOLF CLUBS. (About the only use I give them is to wedge the dog doo-doo from the yard into the ocean...sorry for the floaters, you snorklers!)

I started playing golf at 8 yrs old and got steadily worse. I would slice tee shots so far into the trees that elephants went there to die. The things wrong with my game were distance and direction. All this reminds me of a story about a golfer and a leprechaun at a golf course in Cabo san Lucas.

A golfer in Cabo hit a bad slice into the woods. Looking for His ball, he discovered a leprachaun flat on his back, a big bump on his head and the golfer's ball beside him. Horrified, the golfer took his water bottle from his bag and helped the little fellow to drink, eventually reviving him.

"Arrgh! Wha Happen?" the leprachaun asked.
After the golfer's explanation, the little fellow continued, "Oh, I see. Waal, ye got me fair and square so ye gets three wishes. Whaddya want?"
"Thank God you're all right!" the golfer answers in relief. "I don't want anything, I'm just glad you're okay and I apologize. I didn't mean to hit you." And the golfer walks off.

"What a nice man," the leprachaun says to himself. "But it was fair and square that he got me and I have to do something for him. I'll give him three things I suspect he would most likely covert, a great golf game, all the money he needs and a great sex life."

A year goes by and the golfer is back, hits another hideous slice into the same woods and finds the leprachaun waiting for him.
"Twas me that made ye slice in here. I wanted to ask ye, how's yer golf game?"
"That's the first bad ball I"ve hit in a year! I'm a famous international golfer now," the golfer replies. "By the way, it's good to see you're alright"
"Oh I"m fine, thankee. I did that fer yer golf game. Now tell me, how's yer money?"
"Why I win huge amounts playing golf but if I need cash, I just reach in my pocket and pull out $100 notes all day long."
I did that fer ye too. Now, how's yer sex life.?"
The golfer blushes, turns his head away in embarrassment and says shyly,"Err, alright, I suppose."
"C'mon, c'mon now. I'm wanting to know if I did a good job with the third wish. How many times a day.?"
Blushing even more, the golfer whispers, "Once, sometimes twice a week."
"What!" exclaims the leprachaun, obviously shocked, "Is that all? Once or twice a week?"

"Well," says the golfer, " I thought that wasn't too bad for a Catholic priest in a small parish."

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 1-25-2006 at 12:18 PM

:wow::wow::wow:
If I could stand Cabo, I would go looking for the little fellow. My game needs a covy of leprechauns to make an improvement. Still fun though:fire::fire::fire::fire:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.