Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Fireworks in S.F.
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

Mood: My friends..it's good.

[*] posted on 11-5-2003 at 11:48 AM

I know where they live and camp.

"Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked of such a thing." Dwight David Eisenhower
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

Mood: My friends..it's good.

[*] posted on 11-5-2003 at 08:22 PM

If I were a judge I would think Dave won.

Sorry David K

"Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked of such a thing." Dwight David Eisenhower
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2003 at 08:41 AM
Fireworks

I hate what the sound of fireworks does to my poor little dog! And most others too.
:fire::mad::fire:
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2003 at 08:58 PM
Fireworks

Bus, you are correct about most accidents happening to idiots. I would have to say that this is the case 99% of the time. And there's a bunch of em comin down here from there. But, it's the other 1 % that I have seen that really scares me. Perfectly sober people that have been lighting these fireworks for years, even Mexicans.
When you get a faulty fuse, which is sooner or later going to happen, you will see. I just hope there are no children involved.
On the other side of the coin, my dogs hate em but I enjoy em. As long as it's the drunks that seem to light em off at the other end of the neighborhood, more power to em.
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 11-7-2003 at 07:52 AM

On the short or fast fuse. it will happen so here is how you prepare for it.

First off:
long sleeve non flamable shirt, pants and hat.

Safety goggles or glasses

ear plugs

Keep your fireworks stash in a safe box (ice chest is good) covered with a blanket and well away from the staging area. Instruct someone to be the keeper of the box with one simple rule. Never ever open the box to hand out fireworks when something is being lit or going off.

NEVER USE A LIGHTER OR A MATCH
always use a punk and you will avoid the insane urge to cup your hand around the porthole so your flame does not go out. also you will be at least 6" away then.

Place two or three sand bags on the side of the device facing the spectators so that there is a slight berm about 12" high.
If you are shooting mortar tubes make sure the berm is at least as high as the tube or bury the tube. Make sure the berm is located far enough away from the device so that if it tips it will not come to rest on the berm and lob a shell into the crowd

If a shell in a tube does not fire, ABANDON THAT TUBE for at least 1 hour then either flood it or tip it with a long stick. I have seen shells in finale strings go off 15 mins later on their own.

never bend over the device, crouch down, stay low and reach around the bags with the punk or fusee. place the side of your body to the device while doing this.

always use an electric match when firing shells larger than 4"

Never hold in hand, light and throw any fireworks device.

be aware of how the wind is blowing.

Stay far far away from structure and flammables.

pick up all your fired off stuff the next day in the light ESPECIALLY devices that malfunctioned and are still live.

I would say that if you follow the above rules you are sane and safe and minimal harm will come to you or your spectators when you get a fast fuse or your shells flowerpot in the tube.

I worked for several years with the Grucci fireworks family and other years with various manufactures and all the above has been etched into my mind.

When making fireworks the rules go way up.
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2003 at 06:01 PM

DK check your U2

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.