Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: should I Bring my dog
BajaDanD
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-29-2006 at 09:34 PM
should I Bring my dog

We are driving down to San Ignacio in three weeks and have'nt decided if we are going to bring our dog with us or not. we will be camping at Kuyima and going whale watching we have never brought our dog with us to Mexico and we are worried about leaving it while we are out whale watching.
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 1-29-2006 at 09:40 PM

Let the ppl know who run the restaurant. Carry your dog in a small dog kennel, lock the door, and hand the kennel over to the ppl who are in charge of the camp. Give them a small tip for the trouble.

When returning back to the U.S., be sure to have all recent vaccination papers and the dogs I.D. tags. This should do the trick...

BajaDanD
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-29-2006 at 09:54 PM
dog kennel

My dog is a Mastif she wil not fit in a small dog kennel. I do however have her crate and will bring that, If I take her.
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-29-2006 at 10:29 PM

A Mastif. I've had two at two seperate times. Rhubarb was 240lbs, and Sally 185lbs. Both of them went to Baja with me every time I went. Because of their size they were quite an attraction and required different handling in Baja than my smaller dogs do now (English Bulldog and Boxer mix).

One of the questions that I was often asked were how much they cost, which I would never answer correctly. I also got many jokes about how many burritos could be made from one dog! You'll get used to that one too.

If yours has any of the temperment that mine did, then I wouldn't worry one bit about anyone messing with her or getting near your camp.

Taking her kennel is a good idea. Making sure no one can open it while you're away is another. I'd let someone in charge of the camp know you're leaving it there.

It also depends on your dogs reaction to being left alone for any period of time. If she gets loose will she stick around your camp or wander off? Will she go easily with strangers, or send them running? If she's the least bit aggressive, then I'd take extra precautions.

Your vet can give you an International health travel certificate. I always took one, but never had the need to show it to anyone.

If I can answer any more questions regarding your Mastif please feel free to U2U me.

P.<*)))><

[Edited on 30-1-2006 by Paulina]

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 1-30-2006 at 05:01 AM

take it

We take our two dog all the time

[Edited on 1-30-2006 by Bob and Susan]

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-30-2006 at 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paulina

P.<*)))><

Paulina, I always enjoy your FISH!
Bob H

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.