Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  9    11
Author: Subject: Mas en Loreto y Loreto Bay
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2006 at 06:44 PM

This was a HOT thread that has gotten off the topic a bit. NO?
Bob H
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 5-3-2006 at 07:08 PM

Skeet

The Coco Palms I lost were about 18 years old, they where used to water every day and when our well was shut down they only got water from the drip system. Everyone here is experiencing the same thing, have a neighbor that just lost 2 Royal Palms 10 years old. At your Rancho Sonrisa you were probably close the water they will get water from thier roots from underground sea water.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2006 at 02:28 AM

Comitan
I think that you are correct about drawing from the SeaWater;At first I did not understand putting the Double Hand full of Rock Salt. later seeing that as I first watered, the rock Salt acted as a Drawing power for the Roots.

How Deep was your well in La Paz?

Skeet/Loreto
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 5-4-2006 at 06:27 AM

Skeet

I don't know the depth of the well. One of the original owners here told me that my property is 17 feet above the beach area.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2006 at 09:46 AM

I'm refering to Washingtonias and Braheas...Roystonea regias are tropical and require mucho agua. Once washingtonias and Braheas are established they can go months w/o water. Same goes for Bougies...ESTABLISHED.:o

Don\'t get mad...
Get EVEN.
Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2006 at 03:37 PM
Drought resistant plants

These plants have gone a while without being watered.:lol:
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2006 at 06:30 PM

Quote:
These plants have gone a while without being watered.

But they might be alive, and when the new devlopers come will burst into bloom!
Juan del Rio
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2006 at 08:38 PM
Ok, I'm gonna jump back in and try to focus...

It's not all that the photo shows. It looks great, very pretty, but so is Disneyland until you look behind the gates.
Juan del Rio
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2006 at 08:46 PM
You most likely did not notice the road inthe upper right...

go back to the last photo. You can hear every vehicle comin' and goin' through that short pass. And you know what? it's only going to get louder and more frequent.
Now, for this photo. FYI...this this is for the Condos. Looks great, tastes like crap. Restrooms didn't work, Community sink was dirty and didn't work. Area had not been cleaned for a few days. Do not know the ph condition of the water. Beautiful picture though...don't you think?
Juan del Rio
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2006 at 08:49 PM
I Got the evil, "stink eye" as I cruise through...

...they most likely will not allow cars in this area once the LBC Police monitor this update. Security was everywhere.
Juan del Rio
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2006 at 08:55 PM
Still is chit no matter how you want to "Pretty" it up...

...oh, I'm sorry. I forgot. We were talkin' about crap. Oops, sorry again, carp. Can we stay on topic/ Would love to hear something other than the merits of root growth here...

Juan
Juan del Rio
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2006 at 10:04 PM
Manhole above...

...where is all that crap/sewage going/flowing too?
Playa, Marina, Golf Course Water traps, into the ground, any other cool /"state-of-the-art", water treatment systems? Sure would be great to see how the black water is being treated/converted to grey water in order to preserve the marine park's water. I know there is a great response from LBC on this. Just would love to see how the system is greater/better than before any of this dense, population growth took root.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2006 at 02:25 AM

Don Alley:
For those who may have never been out to "Doctors Point", the Photo brings back some memories that with yawls permission, I shall relate!
"Doctors Point"
One of the first doctors in Loreto-One Dr. Inodgo{SP} had a Grand Idea for a Hotel on this Beautiful Point located North of Loreto.The Plan was to bring Water from the Mountains above Loreto to this Point, so the Good Doctor proceeded to build the Structure in the Photo. He was unable to finish the project due to the Lack of,and expense of getting the Water.
It become known as Doctors Point. If you have never been there it is a Place to see, Camp, Snorkel, and Fish.! At certain times of the year you can Cast and catch "RoosterFish".
There was at one time a Landing strip near by used by the Drug Haulers for Emergency Landings.
Many years ago, a Piper Comanche did a "Gear Up landing at Night", came into Loreto, made arrangements for a Truck to transport his Load North.Near Ensenada he lost control,dumping himself and his load of DOPE into the Pacific, the aircraft was removed to the new Loreto Airport where it remained for Years.
If you visit Loreto take the short ride North and enjoy the Beauty of the Sea Of Cortez.

Skeet/Loreto
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2006 at 11:31 AM

Juan's pictures and words are excellent. They echo the thoughts and feelings we have when we drive through from time to time-- things there just don't make sense.
A while back I posted a photo from loretobay.com. I thought it was on this thread, but didn't see it looking back through, and it may have been on a previous thread. The picture I chose to post was most definitely not of any place I've seen in Loreto, and one picture of a ladder appeared to be in New Mexico/ Arizona style kiva. It was in the slideshow of the "town of Loreto". The other pictures include San Javier and Loreto Bay. Further pictures are mostly of one hotel and one restaurant in town, and don't show the town as it is. I like the town, and don't understand why anyone would want to make it look like someplace else. The post made light of the picture, but the website is worth a look, and I think anyone who knows Loreto will understand my feelings about this website. It would be funny if it weren't so sad.

flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

Mood: gone fishin'

[*] posted on 5-5-2006 at 03:45 PM
weird photos...

Quote:
Originally posted by Paula
Juan's pictures and words are excellent. They echo the thoughts and feelings we have when we drive through from time to time-- things there just don't make sense.
A while back I posted a photo from loretobay.com. I thought it was on this thread, but didn't see it looking back through, and it may have been on a previous thread. The picture I chose to post was most definitely not of any place I've seen in Loreto, and one picture of a ladder appeared to be in New Mexico/ Arizona style kiva. It was in the slideshow of the "town of Loreto". The other pictures include San Javier and Loreto Bay. Further pictures are mostly of one hotel and one restaurant in town, and don't show the town as it is. I like the town, and don't understand why anyone would want to make it look like someplace else. The post made light of the picture, but the website is worth a look, and I think anyone who knows Loreto will understand my feelings about this website. It would be funny if it weren't so sad.

The Loreto Bay site changes all the time. Once I downloaded it and right at the top was the sparkling Sea of Cortez and Isla Carmen with a big old shrimp trawler right in the center. Weird.
 Pages:  1  ..  9    11

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.