Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Superbowl party at Los Frailes
bajarich
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-6-2006 at 09:49 AM
Superbowl party at Los Frailes

I missed the annual Superbowl party at Los Frailes. If anyone down there knows my friends: Al & Rose, Ed & June, Joel & Alice, Jim & Elma, Bill & Diane, Nelson & Sheryl, and all the others, tell them that Rich is thinking of them and wishing he was there. I hope the fishing has been good and the wind hasn't been blowing too hard. I'll be back next winter!
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 2-6-2006 at 10:04 AM

Superbowl...grrrrr.. !!!...who else thinks a certain referee should be lynched?

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
Reeljob
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-6-2006 at 10:44 AM

Well, I agree whole heartedly. Larceny must not be a crime in Michigan.
bajarich
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2006 at 09:37 AM

No one for Seattle was complaining about the fumble that was ruled an incomplete pass that Pittsburg recovered. The replay clearly showed the reciever catch the ball and then move it over to tuck it under his arm. Calls go both ways. It wasn't the refs who dropped the passes or missed the field goals.
The coaching by Holmgren was awful, especially during the two and 4 minute drills. The SeaHawks looked pathetic in the last two minutes before the half and at the end of the game and it was all due to lack of discipline & bad coaching. It's too easy to blame the refs.
bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2006 at 12:56 PM

The LA Times had a piece today on their sports section on the crummy officiating, so it's not just Seahawks fans who think we wuz robbed.

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain
bajarich
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2006 at 02:46 PM

The bottom line is that Seattle just didn't come through with the big plays. They had chances but the passes were out of bounds or they committed penalties.
I don't know if that touchdown of Pittsburg's was over the line or not, it was a close call and the ref made it. There was not enough evidence on the video to overturn it. It's easy to second guess the refs, but even if you make the call based on the video, it has to be inconclusive. I think you could argue both ways. The fact still remains, Seattle just didn't do what they are capable of. Even if you scratch that touchdown, the score would have been 14-10.
Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2006 at 03:19 PM

Even sports critics that were pro Pittsburger said Seattle was robbed.

Don\'t get mad...
Get EVEN.
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 2-7-2006 at 06:19 PM

I don't even know much about football and I don't care for the way the Sea Birds dress but it took the Steelers and the guys in the black and white stripes to beat them.
Offensive pass interference in the end zone--I thought they were dancing. jejejejejejeje

The head crook was a retired cop and a retired fireman(how do you do that)--a double dipper so who can you trust.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-8-2006 at 11:03 AM

That's funny Bernie as the QB from Pittsburg admitted last night on the Letterman Show that the ball never went into the endzone from the controversial TD call....
A little payoff for the REFS???? The controversy gets more deep....:lol::lol:

Don\'t get mad...
Get EVEN.
bajarich
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-8-2006 at 11:31 AM

What do you expect in professional sports? Integrity? You've got to be kidding!!!
bbbait
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-8-2006 at 12:00 PM

How about when the quarterback went over and made the tackle and then got penalized? They blew it on that one too.........
Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-8-2006 at 07:00 PM

bajarich...
Well when over 300 million people are watching with replay after replay
you'd EXPECT something FAIR. Tip of the iceberg...

Don\'t get mad...
Get EVEN.
bajarich
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-8-2006 at 10:10 PM

Like I said, nobody complained about the Seattle fumble that was ruled and incompete pass. Calls go both ways. If your team lost, maybe next time they'll have the calls go more their way. What has the league said about the officiating? I haven't seen anything in the Salt Lake papers.

I'm really not even a real football fan, the Superbowl was only the 3rd game I've seen all season and I was pretty neutral on the two teams going into the game. I never understood why Pittsburg was considered the favorite with their 7-5 season record. I thought they would come up short. Unfortunately for Seattle, they didn't play up to their potential and lost. Now their blaming on the refs. I get enough of that from hearing the Utah Jazz whining about the refs all the time & I get sick of hearing it.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.