BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Loreto Concrete Block Fence Repairs
djh
Senior Nomad

Mood: Mellow fellow, plays a yellow cello...

[*] posted on 2-9-2006 at 09:43 PM
Loreto Concrete Block Fence Repairs

I need to have some repairs done on my concrete block fence... (possibly rebuilt in a few areas)... It seems to be turning to compost in a few areas.... Some of the blocks used originally were ok... and some were... well... not so good!! I'm sure most can be filled, mortered, and have a concrete facia applied as I've seen done.... Some maybe not...

Anyone know a good worker in Loreto who would be available to do the work for me?.... I'll be mostly gone for a little bit, so It would need to be someone dependable and independant (who didn't require a lot of supervision....). . . or perhaps a fellow Loreto Nomad might be willing to do a little supervision for me in exchange for like-help, pmt., or barter??

When I asked my Mexican neighbors the same question, they laughed each time I said "good worker", "dependable", and "independant"....

Seemed a bit cynical, but they're multi-generation Loreto locals...... so, it made me wonder.... All part of the learning curve.

Any recommendations much appreciated!
Djh

Its all just stuff and some numbers.
A day spent sailing isn\'t deducted from one\'s life.
Peace, Love, and Music
djh
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-23-2006 at 06:55 PM
And a gate...

I will also need to have a new large gate built! So if you know of a good Loreto metal fabricator, I'd appreciate the info.

Thanks!
djh

Peace, Love, and Music
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-23-2006 at 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by djh
I will also need to have a new large gate built! So if you know of a good Loreto metal fabricator, I'd appreciate the info.

Thanks!
djh

We've used Felix for metal furniture and fixtures. His work has been good, reasonably priced and he's fast. I think he will do gates too.

He's near the highway near Mirimar, on the west side of the highway about a block south of the Friday farmer's market. There's a sign saying "Felix."
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-23-2006 at 07:11 PM

Felix does incredible work...make sure you get to him early in the day..

ask Barrett

george

\"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men\" Plato
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-23-2006 at 07:17 PM

for Cement BlockWork ask for Manuel Mendosa
Tell him that "Mosco"of Rancho Sonrisa sent you. I always found him Fair and Honest.
skeet/loreto
djh
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-23-2006 at 07:29 PM

Thanks, friends!

Peace, Love, and Music

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.