Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Adios
mcgyver
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2006 at 10:05 AM
Adios

Since this is the forum that brought this matter forward I am using it to announce my retirement from the Baja Nomads forum.

I need to devote more time to my growing business and find that although it is interesting I find my self devoting to much time to the reading the posts by the spelling police, self-agrandtizizing posters and senseless postings that have nothing to do with Baja or anything of substance.

I am asking Doug to remove any and all material with my name on it
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2006 at 11:56 AM

Do ou mean the "Baja Real Estate forum" or all nomad forums? What caused this problem?
PacO
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2006 at 12:56 PM
It's easier to just fade in and out.....

I would ask that you not have all your stuff deleted since you have had some good posts. But whatever you gotta do to feel better.

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 2-20-2006 at 02:06 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2006 at 03:42 PM

The following seems relavent to this and Skeet's other thread.

How many chat room members does it takes to change a light bulb?

ANSWER:
? 1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed...
? 14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently...
? 7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs...
? 7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs...
? 5 to flame the spell checkers...
? 6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb"...
? Another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid...
? 2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"...
? 15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct...
? 19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a light bulb forum...
? 11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum...
? 7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs...
? 4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's...
? 5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy...
? 4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"...
? 13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"...
? 1 chat room ?lurker? to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again!
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 2-20-2006 at 03:45 PM

My favorite the last one and it happens and most everyone don't even notice its 6 months old.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2006 at 03:53 PM
Hope not

Quote:
Originally posted by JZ

I hope that's not the case. I really hope that all posters are treated equally. Although it does seem at times that some are more equal than others. The patronizing tone by our board member about board usage and protocol can really rub me the wrong way at times.

[Edited on 2-21-2006 by BajaNomad]
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2006 at 03:57 PM

7 of those things happend on the three threads related to Skeet's original post about TX land.
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 2-20-2006 at 04:03 PM

Hey you guys associate with guys like DK all the time, they blow their horn and you don't tell them to their face, no you just file it away. Just the facts of life. Everyone is different.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2006 at 04:41 PM
Mguver

I was Banned from this board for about a Week something to do with Scriptues/posting under two names!
I have been called: Old Fart
Senile
Fanatic{Religious]
just to name a few!
I have been cursed at, called a D---------F------

and a number of other things all to no Avail.
I have been , and will stay, on this board until doug cuts me off-it is his Board. I hope that does not happen as I need the relationships with all of you various "Nuts" to help me as I approach 75 years of Age. It would be lonesome it I did not have Lera around to keep me straight, or grover around to send Nasty Pictures, Or Natalie to remind me that Berkerly is not so Bad{sometimes].

Keep in mind;
"People who need People are the Luckist People in the World"

Skeet/Loreto
In God I Trust--All others pay Cash!
wornout
Senior Nomad

Mood: No Bad Days

[*] posted on 2-20-2006 at 05:05 PM

[Edited on 2-21-2006 by wornout]

This Space Available, E-Mail Me If Interested.
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2006 at 05:08 PM

Wornout

Well, 0 and 1 to you, too.

Does that mean I pass?

wornout
Senior Nomad

Mood: No Bad Days

[*] posted on 2-20-2006 at 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajajudy
Wornout

Well, 0 and 1 to you, too.

Does that mean I pass?

Yep, now for extra credit, you can tell me how I get HTML 'on'? I was trying to enter an HTML picture but somehow turned off HTML.

This Space Available, E-Mail Me If Interested.
Corky1
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2006 at 05:16 PM

Max,
I know you are not that thin skinned.

How many years as a merchant seaman??

Sticks and stones may break your bones but names will never hurt you!!

You can throw names on the web but not sticks or stones.

Consider hanging around, many times it is very enjoyable to hear your opinions and answers.

????????????????????????????????????????

Corky:lol: :lol:

\"Keep The Rubberside Down\"
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-20-2006 at 05:48 PM

JZ, how is it you think you know so much about what I actually don't do???

I supported Skeet's right to post a MISCL. classified ads item (not found under other catogories) in the MISCL. classified ads forum. Why that upsets ANYONE is beyond me, but you whiners need a trip to Baja or just a drink perhaps??? I had nothing to do with that thread disappearing... You need to give Doug more credit than that... and it is HIS board. If you don't like that he deletes the name calling then go to that other board... 2000+ Nomads and growing says that this IS the place to be for Baja info. and friendly activity... Get the hint JZ, "friendly"...

Max (Mcgyver)... I feel you may have taken something out of context... Please do not erase your informative posts or ask Doug to... Just cool down by not reading everything here... If you saw something on TV you didn't like... would you throw away the TV? Of course not, just change channels or don't turn it on.

I am sure you are interested in finding a route to El Marmol still or other exploration in your area... No better place to share or read of the attempts than here!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-20-2006 at 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
Quote:
Originally posted by JZ

I hope that's not the case. I really hope that all posters are treated equally. Although it does seem at times that some are more equal than others. The patronizing tone by our board member about board usage and protocol can really rub me the wrong way at times.

Of course that's not the case... I am an adult (49 this year)... I post on Nomad because I have something to share with you about Baja or I have a desire to converse about something being discussed... Not to add up more 'points'! In fact, all the responces I made about Skeeter being harassed, I removed after the parties involved read them... I sure wouldn't take away posts if my purpose was to increase my score... :lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 2-21-2006 by BajaNomad]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2006 at 08:13 AM

McGyver

Always enjoyed your informative posts. Your link to the cargo law website has given me a new way to waste hours of valuable time.

Hope we cross your path sometime south of the border.

Bien Viaje!

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.