Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Score SF250 map out
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2006 at 07:21 PM
Score SF250 map out

Score has the San Felipe 250 race course map up on their web site. www.score-international.com. Same old course. I am very surprised the environmental groups don't complain about running over and over the same course.
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-25-2006 at 09:16 PM

Was thinking about pre-running ...but why bother as I did it last year....would like to see something different...and no...just going backwards isn't "different"......
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-25-2006 at 09:24 PM

Funny thing about environmentalists....
In our area there is a glide path used by the air force to practice bombing runs. When they tried to change the path of the practice runs, the audubon society said they had to stay where they were since the critters in that area were already used to being disturbed !?!?
burro bob
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-26-2006 at 12:26 PM

The main reason the course is in the same place is that the property owners don't want any more race routes crossing their property.
The damage is already done along the existing route. If the whoops are too great along the course then Sal should hire a grader to go out and smooth out the course.
It is an Off Road race. It's supposed to be bumpy.
Enclosed is a photo of my neighbor. The course crosses one of his parcels just past cero colorado at the north edge of El Dorado. The course crosses another parcel of his at the north end of the Sierra Tinajas just before 3 poles. It has been churned into a giant san box a half mile wide by racers who cheat by going off course. He doesn't like racing. The few hundred dollars that is his cut of the money that Sal pays the Ejido isn't worth the dammage to his property.
Racers should enjoy the San Felipe 250 just as it is, while it lasts. It will be replaced in a couple of years by a Laughlin style race at Pete Camp off Road park.
burro bob
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-26-2006 at 04:52 PM

A "few hundred dollars" for doing nothing for one day is a pretty good paycheck in BAJA I would be thinking....you can bet he is NOT complaining the day he cashes that check.....:tumble:

What info do you have about Pete's Camp off-road park....I haven't heard of it before.....?:?:

[Edited on 2-26-2006 by surfer jim]
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-7-2006 at 07:56 PM

A few hundred $$ is that enough for errosion control or do they have a choice:fire:

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-7-2006 at 11:35 PM

They are like the commercial fishermen who catch fish out of season, go over limits, and destroy their own future.

'They' are off road racers or organizers who do not stay on the course or do not repair the damage. The piles of trash left by spectators that are not removed are not helping the sport either.

I really like the sport and was very involved in it 25+ years ago... It is not the same game... It could be, however!

Sal Fish, ride in a sweeper rig after the race and see this mess. Please don't ignore it. If you are paying Mexico a fee for restoration, they are not doing the job. Please take over so off road racing will not be banned in Baja!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-7-2006 at 11:40 PM
Satellite Maps of Course

IF the race course is the same as last year, Bajalou did a great job putting it on satellite maps... Here is the link to a web site I made showing Lou's SF250 maps (the first page is overall route, and the following pages are super close up high resolution...

San Felipe 250 from space

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

thumbup.gif posted on 3-8-2006 at 12:26 AM
Well put DK

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
BOLABOUND
Junior Nomad

Mood: wish I was lost in deep BAJA

[*] posted on 3-8-2006 at 07:59 PM

killer map David:light:
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2006 at 08:02 PM

Thanks for linking last year's shots David. Trying to get a new computer loaded with programs data etc so didn't get one done for this years race but the route's almost exactly the same.

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.