Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Death of a Nomad
bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-5-2006 at 03:52 PM

We've lost a really nice, witty and intelligent man, who never lost his zest for living even when not feeling well. He'll be missed.

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2006 at 01:12 AM
Good medicine

Seems to me this fun, easy goin' gentleman had something over a few of us........... Baja kindness, thanks Tucker
rest in peace

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Son_of_Tucker

[*] posted on 3-13-2006 at 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Natalie Ann
Quote:
Originally posted by PJC
Is there a fund established to help with the burial costs etc.?

I am interested in making a donation in Charles' memory, but at this point I know of no fund to help with costs nor towards donation to a particular organization. I have written Chuck Jr. to ask about this, and imagine that we'll hear from him sometime next week after the services in Bakersfield.

The offer is appreciated, but no help is needed with burial or associated costs.

For anyone wishing to make a "donation" in my father's memory, please just do this - Help someone in need, do it without any fanfare, just do it because it's the right thing to do.

I'm in La Paz for the rest of this week taking care of things here. Thanks once again for the kind words about my dad.

Chuck Jr.
Dave
Elite Nomad

thumbup.gif posted on 3-14-2006 at 12:07 PM
The acorn doesn't fall far...

Quote:
Originally posted by Son_of_Tucker
For anyone wishing to make a "donation" in my father's memory, please just do this - Help someone in need, do it without any fanfare, just do it because it's the right thing to do.

The living legacy of righteous man is:

Raising honorable children.

Your dad left this world a better place.

My sincere condolences.

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2006 at 01:09 PM

Well said Dave.

And peace to you "Son of Tucker".
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 3-14-2006 at 08:52 PM
Dave, what you posted above

brought me to tears.

Elegant, eloquent and so true.

The place (Baja) and the people who visit are what I love about this board.

Vaya con dios, Tucker

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
Cardon
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2006 at 10:21 PM

Frizkie asked me to post this photo for her. She said she took the photo shortly after Tucker got the puppy. The puppy's name is Chico.

My Baja photos are now on my site
For more Baja Photos go to
this website
http://baja.smugmug.com/
http://craigpearson.com/
frizkie
Nomad

Mood: tranquilo

[*] posted on 4-3-2006 at 10:43 PM
Thank you Craig

Rest in Peace My Good Friend Charles
alivenbaja

[*] posted on 4-4-2006 at 11:56 AM
Tucker

although I didn't know him, I am sure he would have been happy to know how so manny people treasured him
Son_of_Tucker

[*] posted on 4-5-2006 at 07:45 PM

Frizkie,

Thanks for having Craig post the picture, it's one that I hadn't seen before.

Chuck Jr.
frizkie
Nomad

Mood: tranquilo

[*] posted on 4-6-2006 at 10:41 PM
You're welcome, Chuck Jr.

So sorry for your loss.
Your father was a very good man. And a dear friend of mine for the past four years. He was one of a kind. And one of the most hospitable people I have ever met.
When I first joined Nomads, and was lurking in the background, reading more than posting, I kept reading about other nomads who had been helped out by your dad one way or another. Often puting them up at his place on their trips throughout Baja. I thought, "What a nice man that Charles Tucker seems to be." I was about to make my annual winter migration from Victoria, Canada, to Baja Sur and I read that he really loved his Crunchy Peanut Butter but could not purchase it in LaPaz. So, without having met him, I decided that if he did so many nice things for people then it was his turn to have a favour. I got directions to his place in El Centenario from JR, and showed up at his door with two huge jars of Crunchy Peanut Butter. I was given a warm welcome. I hadn't meant to stay but he talked me into it. We became fast friends and every year since I have brought him down his Crunchy Peanut Butter.
He had a big heart, and was loved and respected by many in his community. Isobel and Gustav, and their girls, must feel a great loss. Please, if you see them, pass on my condolences. As well as to you and your family. Also a liitle scratch behind the ear for Chico.
Barbara
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 5-30-2006 at 11:18 AM

Sounded like a cool guy...lo siento tucker...via con dios!
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.