Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Skeet, here's a picture for you
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 3-7-2006 at 09:47 PM
Skeet, here's a picture for you

This was taken about 4-5 years ago. San Ildifonso is in the background, I think it is Terry's boat ready for morning.

Alfredo was always at the beach with a dog or two to meet the pangas coming in. I think he had Blanco then. We asked if he could use a little Cabrilla for his dinner. Cathy took the picture, and missed that big smile. I hope it brings back good memories.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
pangamadness
Nomad

Mood: Under H20

[*] posted on 3-7-2006 at 10:48 PM
Is that Alfrado

Is his name Alfrado?
pangamadness
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-7-2006 at 11:01 PM
OK I am Dumb

Guess I could have read what you wrote. I recognize Alfrado. What a great man! I really liked his son Martin, may he rest in peace. I enjoy the entire family very nice people even conello the newest dog.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2006 at 07:23 AM

Thanks Vag; You made my Day!!!

I own you one! Skeet
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2006 at 10:59 AM
I too will really miss Martin.

I get a kick out of Canelo's change in personality. Around the village he is my buddy, if he's under the truck waiting for Terry on the beach I could be his lunch!!!

I'm closest to Chuey, but I love 'em all. We ran into Cinthia in Loreto last year by herself. She is turning into quite an impressive young lady. Culberto, last I heard, had a good job at the cabinet shop building kitchens for Loreto Bay. He is also married to a delightful young woman.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

Bill Kauth

Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2006 at 11:09 AM
Cabinet maker

What a fine job he does making cabinets!

Don\'t get mad...
Get EVEN.
pangamadness
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2006 at 04:26 PM

Vagabundo that is good info. I plan to be there in 1st week of April. Hope to get Culberto back in the water. He sure seems to love diving and darn good at it. Is it Colberto or Cudberto? I never could get it right.

I to enjoyed the photo. Thanks
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-10-2006 at 10:25 AM
I believe it is with an "L"

In the little Med. Clinic building, there is a school desk that was his at the San Nicolas school. Naturally it has his name scratched into it. I think that is the only place I have seen it spelled-out.

I attended his "quincinero", he was a really good sport about all the crap that Terry put him through!

Riding a burro backwards wearing a bra.:lol:

Bill Kauth

pangamadness
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2006 at 10:53 AM
Photo for Skeet

pangamadness
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2006 at 10:56 AM
Martin and Alfrado

pangamadness
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2006 at 11:00 AM
Still cant get the hang of this

Trying again
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-16-2006 at 04:23 AM
Chico"s Jose

Thanks Amigos!!

Short Story.

One day I was setting in the Palapa that Alfreado and Papa Murrillo built for me a few feet from the Sweetwater Well on the South Side of the Arroyo.

I look up and her comes Chico" Red Pickup going up the canyon road with a bunch of kids in the back.

I see Marcello swing a Rope , with Jose running behind the Truck.all of a sudden Marcello throws the rope and gets little Jose by the leg.!! Down he goes like a roped Calf. being drug behind the truck, with the shouting and waving for Marcello to "Stop"!!After dragging him a Hundred yards in those rocks he finally stops with me running behind just knowing little Jose was Dead!!

Finally got to the Truck and Jose was setting up, Wondering "What the Heck are you using me for Roping Practice.

We carried Little Jose to my Palapa and doctored him with some of that Blue stuff I kept around. He was cut and bruised but Thank the Lord, No broken Bones!!!!

Everybody in the Village kidded him about being Purple all over for Days.

Talk about a tough Kid!!
Next time you see them ask him if he remembers.

Skeet/Loreto

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.