BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Source for HONDA generators...?
awfulart
Nomad

Mood: Wondering what our Nit-Wit elected officials are doing now?

[*] posted on 3-12-2006 at 07:19 PM

Camping World sells the Honda. Don't know how competitive they are but you might check. They have stores all over.

Mexray
Super Nomad

Mood: Baja Time

[*] posted on 3-12-2006 at 08:59 PM
I bought an eu2000 from Wise Sales...

...just about one year ago. They used to have the prices posted on their web site, but I guess took them down due to Honda's unified dealer pricing policy, or some such rot!

Anyway, I called them to place my order and paid $920 for the eu2000, the 12volt charge harness and a silver canvas-like cover. I think the Genny was about $870 by itself - well over $100 less that local dealers!

Their prices included shipping, and there was no sales tax for shipping here to California. They shipped the genny the day I ordered it, and I got it out here in Northern Calif in about a week, UPS...great service, try them, you'll like 'em!

Oh yeah, and I couldn't be happier with the genny! It's quiet, just purrs along to charge my palapa batteries! I use a heavy 85 amp changer that really puts the 'juice' to our bank of (6) golf car batteries in no time!

We also use the genny now when we go camping - those old Coleman lanterns are a thing of the past! I just unreel my heavy wire, 100 ft extension cord to run power to our string of 110v lights hanging between trees over our camp site! The genny opens up all kinds of neat things while camping in the outback; blender, big stereo w/XM radio, small air compressor for the toys, small microwave oven, etc., etc!

I also bought one of those heavy plastic covered cable locking devices to secure the genny to a tree or other heavy object. You can get one of the 1/2 inch cable types with a built-in lock for about $15 at Home Depot or a similar place.

According to my clock...anytime is \'BAJA TIME\' & as Jimmy Buffett says,
\"It doesn\'t use numbers or moving hands It always just says now...\"
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2006 at 09:15 PM

I got my eu2000i from Norwalk Equipment? I think. About $900 including shipping. I Emailed them first and asked if they would ship to a different address than my billing address and they said OK. This was a time that Mayberry and many others had waiting lists. Think it might have been a Ebay "Buy it Now"

Time to ship and they wanted to ship to my Calif address and charge me sales tax. I contacted the rep and mentioned the Emails we exchanged and said I wouldn't have got it there if I had to pay sales tax. They offered to eat the tax and I said OK.

Use it regularly to keep my solar batties up - on our "Poor Solar Days" 14-15 hrs on a little over a gallon of gas. Wonderful.

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2006 at 11:12 PM

Some good info here....thanks for the input.....just haven't had time to look into anything....never thought about using the gen to run 120 v lighting while camping....was just thinking about 12 volt source for recharge/radio/ect......also need to see where I can put it in the camper...this will be fun....and ANOTHER way to spend money..!!
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2006 at 07:43 AM

Careful where you put it !

We ran into a young couple on the beach in San Quinton.
They were towing a tent camper and had run their heater much of the night and had killed their battery. The hubby plugged in their el cheapo generator and placed it in the back of their pick-up to lessen the noise.

A few hours later, their battery still wasn't getting much charge when his wife went into the back of the truck for something and screamed, he knew he had another problem. Apparently, he had pointed the generator exhaust at a bag comtaining her shoes. Can you say melted insoles ? Managed to ruin one each of two pairs of wifey's shoes.

When he sheepishly came over to tell us what he'd done (we already knew from the open conversation just over the hedges), I loaned him our step-down charger and our Honda for a few hours to get his battery going again.

I'm hoping that same young couple will send us the pictures they promised. They had planned to see the whales at GN but didn't get to the beach/bog area until after dark. He confidently manuevered their tent camper and truck to what he thought would make a good spot to stay the night. Apparently, some time during the night he realized that he had not chosen a good place to camp. Tide came in and the truck sunk in the mud up to it's doors. Almost two days later, they got a truck from GN to come pull them out. The next day's tide was so high it would have covered the hood of the truck !! Anyone else meet the kids with the kooky dog named Wingnut ?
turtleandtoad
Senior Nomad

Mood: Good if fishing

[*] posted on 3-13-2006 at 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mexray

We also use the genny now when we go camping - those old Coleman lanterns are a thing of the past! I just unreel my heavy wire, 100 ft extension cord to run power to our string of 110v lights hanging between trees over our camp site! The genny opens up all kinds of neat things while camping in the outback; blender, big stereo w/XM radio, small air compressor for the toys, small microwave oven, etc., etc!

With all that, you might as well buy a Class A and join the rest of us "old foggies" that like our "creature comforts". :lol::lol:

Mike & Robin; Full-Time RV\'ers
37\' Georgetown w/3 slides & 275 Watts of Solar Power
06 Taco TRD
www.turtleandtoad.com
I am here

To paraphrase Frank Lloyd Wright; I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with keyboards. -- Mike Dean
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.