Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: straw hat/ice chest/beer
oldjack
Nomad

Mood: retired

[*] posted on 3-11-2006 at 10:26 AM
straw hat/ice chest/beer

Arriving at Cabo airport on Wed. morning for a 9-day stay in the East Cape area.... is there a market/store/etc. near the airport to buy my required straw fishing hat/beer/ice chest??? (what else is necessary??) is Costco a reasonable option(taxi??)... Leonero has arranged for the shuttle for our 5-person group... it has been 16 years since my last visit and things may have changed a bit(could have!!)... I'll be staying at Leonero when I am not fishing.... your help is appreciated...........
Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 3-11-2006 at 02:09 PM

The last question asked a few days ago indicated Del San Jose is where to stock up. I still think Los Barriles has every thing you need.
When the driver picks you up ask him to take you to the best Place in DSJ Maybe CCC
Costco is in San Lucas and will cost $50-100 more to go there. Not much if any cheaper.
Judy Is there a CCC in DSJ

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2006 at 03:02 PM

Los Barriles (aoubt 10 miles north of Rancho Leonero) should have everything you need. You will see a big change over 16-years ago! WOW. I'd love to see the look on your face.
Bob H
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2006 at 03:26 PM

No CCC. Costco is closer to San Lucas...not really a good idea.
I would ask the driver about the ice chest and the beer. The hat may have to wait.
Or you can go to Los Barriles...it is past Leonero so you may have to pay the driver extra. Try a taco while you are there. You will probably be hungry and there are several stands near Chipitos(the biggest grocery store in town)
Cant wait to hear your impressions of all the changes!

oldjack
Nomad

Mood: retired

[*] posted on 3-22-2006 at 09:09 AM
BACK!!!

after being away for so many years I was completely unprepared for the crowds..."my little baja" slipped into a parking lot............

stayed at Rancho Leonero for 9 days... fished 5.... wind was a limiting factor.... I am not necessarily stingy about things ... but I think $40 for a pitcher of margaritas is excessive.... the first afternoon there our group of 5 spent $240 on margaritas and beer and tips........ not again!!! we went into las barriles(they have PAVED STREETS!!!) and found the mercado.... taxi was $45 r/t from resort .....

the accomodations are nice, the staff attentive(once tipped!) and the location is great.... the food would not win any awards but better than my cooking...

I am going back on 3/6 for another 5 days.... maybe I missed something.......... oh! we found a casita for $20,000 it may become our new temporary headquarters.............. now for some paperwork/title/lawyer stuff........... do I have a BUNCH of questions......................
bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2006 at 05:55 PM

Welcome to the club, OJ!

A lot of us share your pain, but it's never quite depressing enough to do away with our bajaddiction.

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.