Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Medical oxygen in baja
jimgrms
Senior Nomad

Mood: its always good

[*] posted on 3-14-2006 at 05:23 PM
Medical oxygen in baja

As i am on supplemental oxygen ,i am limied to places i can travel to in mexico,and the amount of time i can stay, my question is can i get medical ox in Loretto muleje and that area of baja ? it has to be medical ox thanks for any help
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2006 at 06:12 PM

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=1228#pid6134
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 3-14-2006 at 06:58 PM

Thanks for bringing this back Diver.
I was afraid we would have to re-grind all that old fodder one more time.
Jimrms.... please read carefully what I said two years ago,
It does not HAVE TO BE MED>>>>
In an emergency the welding stuff works just as well.
Good luck.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 3-14-2006 at 07:36 PM

I did a lot of checking on this a couple of years ago when an uncle of mine wanted to come and visit me here in Mulege. and finally I had to advise him not to come here because at times they run out of even the welding type. I don't know about Loreto and I am sure it must be more reliable in other areas. but I would not feel good telling you that it would be available here in Mulege county.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2006 at 08:33 PM

just a thought perhaps a ox consintrator and a inverter use it when on 110 volt and when 12 volt is avalable it will make your tank last a lot longer and welding ox and med ox are filled out of the same containers
have a good one jerry

jerry and judi
Bedman
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2006 at 12:49 AM

just a quick thought.

Just befor Don Jimmy passed away, He had aquired an Oxygen maker. I can't give you details about the machines type or manufacturer cause I don't know. I seem to remember Minnow and Wild Bill were involved in the presentation? Perhaps that machine needs a new home? and could be aquired? Anybody have anything to add for Jimgrms?

Bedman
jimgrms
Senior Nomad

Mood: its always good

[*] posted on 3-15-2006 at 07:32 AM

I thank you folks, you are great. i have a concentrator ,the size of a double file cabinet , also i can go to my provider and get a bunch of small bottles and bring with me . as long as i stay in motels it will work,I was hoping to avoid loading my cherokee so full of o2 and machines that i diddn't have room for fishing tackle, i guess i will just stay closer to towns , and not do any camping , Bedman if Jimmys old mach is a small one designed for travel i would be very interested in buyiny it , I have tried to find out any info about o2 down thier from several diff baja sites ,and different fishing out fitters for almost 2 years , and in one post to you guy i get a wealth of it again thank you jim g
Eli
Super Nomad

Mood: Some times Observing, sometimes Oblivious.

[*] posted on 3-16-2006 at 03:15 PM

I remember that the prinicpal supplier we used for Med. O2 to be located in La Paz next to the C.C.C. a block or so up from Abasolo.

The 02 maker that Minnow most generously passed on to Don Jimmy was passed on to the L.B. clinic after Dad passed on and had no more need for it. Saludos, Sara
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 3-17-2006 at 06:49 PM

Most interesting how that old post ended up here--I think it made a lot of us think about just how many Baja folks were pulling for Don Jimmy. As I always say, "Baja is About People helping People!"

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.