Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: quick BOLA trip
4baja
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2006 at 07:58 AM
quick BOLA trip

me and my bros decided to do a quick run down(6 days) for are every 2 month mex fix and to get some fishing in. allso my good friend tom (phills brother) leased the rock house on docs property and we wanted to see what shape it was in and start working on it. we contracted with the moreos to pour a front and back concreat slab and do a little stone work and we worked on the boat and fishing gear. after a new starter solonoid and mounting the freshly serviced kicker moter we were ready to launch the boat early the nexty day. on the way down we called our good friend lou in ventura and told him we were heading down and invited him allong. he has a place down there and would be a easy run for them, allso they were allready heading to san diego to get his boat gel coated so why not simply cross the border. sure as sh^%#@$t he pulls up that first day with all the boys drinking beer and ready to party and fish. the party was on. the next day we launched the boat and headed straight fot 7 mile reef but was turned back do to a heavy west wind, we hid behind a few islands and caught pinto bass and jaw fish before we decided to head in before it became impossible to bring the boat out. santiago was allso fishing and turned back, he said most of the fish are being caught at los machose and remedios so that was our plane for the next day. woke up to clear skys and stepped out side to see a strange sight , two legs sticking out of a side hatch on frankos trailler. franks car was there and running with kattie in it so i knew that it must have been frank so i walked on over and stuck my head in the hatch so see frank trying his darndest to get through that skinny hole. he had forgotten his keys, wish i had my camera. we talked a little and of course i stole one of his beers and was of to check the wind cinditions. there was another heavy west wind in town according to frank so we opt to not fish and instead work on our propertys and ride the quads around. we hooked up with beach bob and got the scoop o lee wilson that passed away around a month ago down there, a was a good and generous man and well liked by the peaple down there. he will be missed. phill installed a new toilet and fixed his sink, i worked on the solar system and burgist sat around and did notheing but dring and enjoy himself. phill and his son fix the road behind his place so they could get ready to finnish his new garage this easter, nick rode the quad dragging a pallet with rocks on it and smoothed the road out. we went fishing the next day to glassy conditions to los machos and nobody was hooking up, we stayed for about a hour before pulling lines and heading to remedios. pepe was there and had 11 yellows on board to 15 pounds but the bite was over, we ended up filling the boat with bottom fish for tacos. on the way there we spotted fin back whales and a pod of black dolphins with white heads, not sure the name of them. we went to don juan cave and burghist found a turtle shell in perfect condition and brought it back to camp to display on his trailler. he left it out to dry on his lumber pile over night and a group of coyotes came in and ate the whole turtle shell, the was not one piece left that we could find. easy come easy go i guess. the next day we did get into the yellows with little nick hooking up the first 10 pounder on the boat with 5 more to follow, another glassy day. the next day we said our goodbys to all our friends and did a dash home leaveing at noon and getting home at 5 in the mourning. another good trip. water temps were 53 to 57 degrees , air temp was around 75 day and 50s at night. red tide in the bay when we left(very yellow) lots of whales and dolphins in and plenty of bottom fish with yellows if you work for them. next trip easter:bounce::coolup:
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 3-15-2006 at 03:44 PM

good one Steve-0!:bounce:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
PacO
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2006 at 07:27 PM

In addition to that when he saw my legs sticking out he poured water on them and I melted like the wicked witch of the west.
After they left it was windy and sprinkling off and on for two hours or so and then that afternoon and the next day were awesome. Thursday was nice and friday and Saturday had big westerlies. It didn't keep a plane from landing on the southern strip and departing later...... must have been a good direction.
Other freinds said the fish were at Los Machos and Remedios and that they were all deep and on irons.
Always good to see the hermanos.

4baja
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2006 at 07:46 PM

frank you kill me, wished we could have stayed longer. the plan may be two weeks at easter, hopefully my panels are still hooked to my batteries(you know what i mean:no:) and there charged. will talk soon.:coolup:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.