BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Where to stay in Cabo San Lucas
GAtraveler

[*] posted on 3-16-2006 at 07:20 PM
Where to stay in Cabo San Lucas

Can anyone recommend an area/hotel to stay at in Cabo? We are looking for a nice two star or a three star.

thanks!
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 3-16-2006 at 07:29 PM
GAtraveler....

http://www.si-mexico.com/cities/cabo_san_lucas.htm

These should give you a wide range of choices.

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
lewm
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2006 at 08:52 PM
cabo

We like to stay at the 'Mar de Cortez'. It is in town. You can walk to everything. Reasonable rates. Nice pool. No tv or phones in room. Good restaurant & bar. Internet across the street. You can hear the roosters crow in the morning if you are a light sleeper.
tim40
Senior Nomad

Mood: There yet?

[*] posted on 3-16-2006 at 09:45 PM

Los Arcos... on a short couple of hours.....In La Paz... sorry :}

If I wanted to do Cabo I would drive to Santa Monica..

When searching for the end of your rainbow you only have until dusk....
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2006 at 08:40 AM

We stayed at the Mar de Cortez and lked it too. Great location, very nice pool and court yard.

In Cabo it is good to get away from the Marina area. Cabo San Lucas Street has some really good looking restaurants and taco places, and is less glitzy. And more fun to walk there-- you almost feel ike you're in Mexico! Mi Casa restaurant, across from the plaza, is beautifull with good food and great service, a little pricy, but not quite expensive. On Hidalgo just south of 12 de Octubre, is an elegant restaurant-- can't remember the name-- by far the best mainland style cooking I've ever tasted in Baja.
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2006 at 09:01 AM

Right across the side street of Mar de Cortez is Misiones de Kino. Killer food at reasonable prices.
There is also a juice bar just up the street with very reasonable Mexican dishes. Wonderful smoothies and vampiras.

http://www.bajainsider.com/

Is another informative website.

Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 3-17-2006 at 12:22 PM

bajajudy...is there still a bar called 'Spencer's' in the old Mar de Cortez? I knew him from a long time ago in another place and time.

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
Dianamo
Nomad

Mood: ...still in Baja

eureka.gif posted on 3-17-2006 at 12:28 PM
been wondering

Quote:
Originally posted by bajajudy
Right across the side street of Mar de Cortez is Misiones de Kino. Killer food at reasonable prices.
There is also a juice bar just up the street with very reasonable Mexican dishes. Wonderful smoothies and vampiras.

What is a Vampira?????? Sounds delicious!:bounce::bounce:
DianaMo
osoflojo
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2006 at 01:01 PM

The Mar de Cortez is always a good bet in Cabo. Family run for years and reasonable prices. www.mardecortez.com

POMP Spencer still owns the concession for the restaurant there but you are more likely to find him at the Roadhouse.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.