thumbup.gif posted on 3-26-2006 at 07:44 PM
IBEW #569

You there?:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::tumble:
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 3-26-2006 at 08:00 PM
Suddenly this "board" has become a chat-room----

----last 5 posts are all personal messages. Talk about strange-----I thought that u2u's were for chatting???

Folks seem to be re-grouping, and strengthening "ties"------?????

Everybody preparing to gang-bang "Woody" some more???

Lots of indignation out there-------------has Woody violated some sort of internal "code"????

I still think that what Woody did brought out some really interesting views, and that is always healthy, in my opinion.

Woody, I still "trust" you.
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 3-26-2006 at 08:11 PM

Barry

International Brotherhood electrical Workers #569 San Diego County.

And yes I am still with woody.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-26-2006 at 08:51 PM

To me, for what that's worth (LOL), Woody inspired DISCUSSION. Last time I looked THIS is a discussion forum. Nothing says it HAS to be a true story... It was just a Baja story and some of you discussed about how you would deal with that situation.

A Nomad who recently 'left us' often posted stories to get Nomads to think about situations... did you forget already?

Woody, your story was very effective in creating discussion. It brought Ferna de Tijuana out to tell his desert true story... That was worth it in my opinion.

So, how about cutting Woody some slack?

Viva Baja EVERYONE?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2006 at 08:57 PM

You have your opinion and otheres have theirs, DK.
At least Woody didn't delete his posts after the fact. :O
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2006 at 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diver
You have your opinion and otheres have theirs, DK.

Yes Diver and if hating people for what they write is what you want, then you should enjoy it here. As for me, if I delete something I write it is because I have my reasons and want to... too bad, huh!?

This is the freaking Internet folks, not the Holy Bible... Just people typing what they want... If they don't slander or lie about real people, I have no problem...

Remember, there's still TV and radio... OR, take a trip to Baja!

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2006 at 09:37 PM
take a trip to baja...

actually just got back about 1/2 an hour ago...about a 45 min wait at TJ about 6:00 pm...went down to Felipe for a couple days,no sign of any major spring break activity yet...checked out Nuevo Mazatlan which is just north of our campo and didnt see one person camped there...went to a B-day party last night at the campo south of us and oh man what a bunch of crazy characters down there...a whole lotta fun,cant wait to get back in about 3 wks.:yes::yes:

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2006 at 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Quote:
Originally posted by Diver

As for me, if I delete something I write it is because I have my reasons and want to... too bad, huh!?

What a joke...
Tomas Tierra
Super Nomad

Mood: Tengo Flojera

[*] posted on 3-26-2006 at 09:54 PM

Some body came up to fast! go back down quick! come up slower, you MIGHT feel better..to much nitro in your blood..
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2006 at 09:58 PM

Quote:
Yes Diver and if hating people for what they write....

Who mentioned "hating" anyone for any reason, David? Seems it was only you.... :?::rolleyes::no:

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
Frank
Senior Nomad

Mood: Is it time to leave yet?

[*] posted on 3-26-2006 at 10:26 PM

IBEW ?
Tomas Tierra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2006 at 10:34 PM

I Been Entertained by Woody??
Tomas Tierra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2006 at 10:36 PM

I sure would like to read the other 568 :lol::lol::lol::lol:
fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 3-27-2006 at 12:04 AM

Quote:
Woody, your story was very effective in creating discussion. It brought Ferna de Tijuana out to tell his desert true story... That was worth it in my opinion.

Viva Baja EVERYONE?

Ok, I was more active on the old amigos, but thanks to woody, I will start telling you guys about our trips. Even though I know this is not the trip report board, I remember that last year, during Easter vacation we went all the way to La Paz and on the way back, I decided at el cien to let Mrs. ferna (Simone) drive because I had gotten up very early that morning and by the time we hit the road it was about 3PM and I was to get to Bahia Concepcion with enough time to set up camp as we would stay there for 4 nights. Well the funny part is that I dosed off and when I woke up the road was kinda wierd looking, it was not familiar to me but I could just not pin point what was wrong, when I was totaly off of my daze, I realized that he plant life on the side of the road was to far into the hwy and I could see la Giganta to my direct right. I'm all Simone did I sleep for long, she sais yes, were are we? SHe sais I don't know, going to Bahia Concepcion, I ask her if we were between Constitucion and Insurgentes and she said,:?: What? I said STOP, interrogated her some more and finaly decided to go on but look for the KM markers. Guess what, She did'nt make the right turn to Loreto at Insurgentes and we were at K60 to La Purisima. At first I said ok a new Baja adventure to La Purisima, but then again, no, so we made a U turn and headed back and finaly to not make this any longer we got to Bahia Concepcion way after 11 PM since we stoped in LTO for gas and dinner. At the time I said this is a good funny post for the trip reports, but never got arround to it.
saludos
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 3-27-2006 at 12:56 AM
I LOVE it Ferna

Similarly, my wife was driving our truck and camper North from San Diego because I do all the driving in Baja and I was tired. While I slept in the camper, she laid on the miles.

I woke up when she pulled down an off ramp. When I asked her what was up, she said she was lost in LA.

I got in and drove a while on surface streets to a mini-mart. A guy in a construction truck was the first guy I could ask, and he really looked at me funny when I told him I needed directions to I-5, and I didn't have ANY idea what city I was in or which direction I was facing! It took most of an hour to get back on the right road.:lol:

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-27-2006 at 08:20 AM

Thanks Ferna!

Please put your trip reports in the Trip Reports Forum so it won't get lost in these other threads!

David

The squarecircle
Nomad

Mood: 'Baja Feeling'

[*] posted on 3-28-2006 at 12:40 AM

How does the IBEW fit in this topic??? sq.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 3-28-2006 at 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by The squarecircle
How does the IBEW fit in this topic??? sq.

read the other thread . who is da guy

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.