BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Body of missing Vista woman found in Mexico
The Sculpin
Nomad

Mood: Riding into the Sunset, looking for a sunrise.

[*] posted on 3-27-2006 at 04:33 PM
Body of missing Vista woman found in Mexico

FYI - anyone know anything about this?

UNION-TRIBUNE BREAKING NEWS TEAM

1:51 p.m. March 27, 2006

VISTA ? The body of a Vista businesswoman who was reported missing about two weeks ago was found in Mexico, the victim of an apparent homicide, police said Monday.
San Diego sheriff's deputies were notified by Mexican authorities Monday that Jane Kling, 68, was found about 45 miles south of San Felipe, deputies said.

Kling's children reported her missing March 15. She owned the two A&J consignment shops in Vista.

Mexican authorities also found Kling's Dodge Caravan, also reported missing, near the area where her body was discovered, deputies said.

Homicide investigators in Ensenada are conducting an investigation into her death.

Additional information from Mexican authorities was not immediately available. They planned to hold a news conference Monday afternoon in Ensenada.
BajaNews
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 3-27-2006 at 05:06 PM

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/northcounty/20060327-1351...
BajaNews
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 3-27-2006 at 05:45 PM
Body Of Missing Vista Woman Found In Mexico

http://www.kfmb.com/stories/story.44284.html

03-27-06

The body of a missing Vista woman was found inside a vehicle in a remote part of Mexico, authorities said Monday.

The body of Jane Kling, 68, was found Saturday in Puerticitos, between Ensenada and San Felipe, Mexico, officials said.

Her body was discovered partially nude, according to reports. It also appeared that she had been strangled and beaten.

Her vehicle, a green minivan, was found in a separate location in Mexico, officials said.
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 3-27-2006 at 07:32 PM
A assume she was found by an Mexican

who stopped to see if she needed help!

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-27-2006 at 07:44 PM

"...was found Saturday in Puerticitos, between Ensenada and San Felipe, Mexico, officials said."

Puerticitos (sp!)

IN Puertecitos? Like in the town... ?

BETWEEN Ensenada and San Felipe??

Officiles said this? They don't know where the town is or how to spell it... Or, is the reporter making the mistake.

In any case, it is very sad... I heard it on the radio first where they just said she was found 6 hours from the border. I was thinking El Rosario area!

They also said a lot of money was on her, so robbery doesn't seem the reason.

Any Nomads that go to Puertecitos... let us know if there is any more details...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-27-2006 at 07:55 PM

Every place south of about Puenta Estella on Mex 5 is in the Municipality of Ensenada.

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
wornout
Senior Nomad

Mood: No Bad Days

[*] posted on 3-27-2006 at 08:30 PM

Hey Lou, that is very near where we went and saw the whale that washed up on shore isn't it?

This Space Available, E-Mail Me If Interested.
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-27-2006 at 09:01 PM

Yes, I was thinking within a couple or three miles of the whale. I think I registered about 90 miles round-trip from the Pemex so it must have been close.

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
Dave
Elite Nomad

biggrin.gif posted on 3-27-2006 at 11:01 PM
Curses! Foiled again!

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
They also said a lot of money was on her, so robbery doesn't seem the reason.

Then the police didn't find her first. ;D

Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 3-28-2006 at 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Officiles said this? They don't know where the town is or how to spell it... Or, is the reporter making the mistake.

You are right - it would seems the Officiles don't know how to spell. :lol::lol::lol::lol:
JZ
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2006 at 08:21 AM

Exactly! And really glad you "quoted" him, so he can't go back and delete it!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-28-2006 at 08:29 AM

:lol::lol::lol:

Ah, see how easy I can get you two to post on Nomad!:light:

I admit I am a terrible speller! I am a worse typer... and typos often get me to edit my pages... It is Baja place names I like to get people to spell correctly... has to do with respect for the place we love.

Now if Roberto and JZ could ever contribute here without their personal attacks, that would be something!:lol::lol::lol:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 3-28-2006 at 08:43 AM

Once again, David proves his intelligence.

1. It is not you job to get people to post on Nomad, nor to comment on every post and topic here.
2. I post when I feel I have something to say, regardless of the topic.
3. If you correct Spanish spelling "out of respect for the place we love", how about learning to spell English out of the respect for the language we speak and you torture on a regular basis? :moon:

And by the way, stop your whining about personal attacks - I am just messin' with you, something I find quite amusing. If I were to attack you personally, it would be an entirely different discussion, that's for sure.

[Edited on 3-28-2006 by Roberto]
Tomas Tierra
Super Nomad

Mood: Tengo Flojera

[*] posted on 3-28-2006 at 09:24 AM

Did some one get deputized by the language police??
JZ
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2006 at 10:48 AM

TT, you need to go back 4 years worth of DK posts to understand the context. The guy has been burying people for their mis-spelling for years, and here we catch him doing just that, and while correcting someone else to boot. How ironic... But if Roberto hadn't quoted him, he would have deleted the post.
Tomas Tierra
Super Nomad

Mood: Tengo Flojera

[*] posted on 3-28-2006 at 11:40 AM

JZ
That would take all day and into the night!!:lol:

I replied because I'm bored t tears today...Rain, rain, and more rain....
The surf looks fun-but the water is friggin FREEZING..and dirty.

Does seem like the guy has been takin some flak lately though...I mean comon he hasn't posted a gps coord. for months now!:lol::lol:

pew...well there you go something to do..gotta go change a diaper..woohoo
baja829
Nomad

Mood: BAJA HAPPY

[*] posted on 3-28-2006 at 11:42 AM

Puerticitos is in the Municipio of Ensenada, however, the officials took her to San Felipe, as this highway is now a Federal highway and they have jurisdiction. The incident is being handled out of that office.

Although she was reported missing in the U.S., it did not appear that it was reported in Mexico. A family member can and should request an investigation immediately, if they have not already done so. She was found near Campo Cimmaron (sp) just a bit north of Puerticitos, in the Ejido Matomi. Very, very sad -- as someone said, it could happen anywhere -- we still leave our doors unlocked but it does give one pause --
BajaNews
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 4-4-2006 at 03:48 PM
Suspect sought in Vista woman's slaying

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/northcounty/20060404-9999...

Memorial service is held for victim

By Kristina Davis and Anna Cearley
April 4, 2006

Mexican authorities said yesterday that they have identified a suspect in the slaying of Vista businesswoman Jane Kling, who was found strangled and beaten at a Baja California campground last month.

Investigators are looking for the suspect in Mexico City, where they believe he is hiding. They would not provide more details or say whether the suspect was a U.S. or Mexican citizen.

The news surprised members of Kling's family, who along with 200 friends and community members celebrated her life at a memorial service yesterday.

Rick Taylor, one of Kling's sons-in-law, said contact between the family and the Baja California Attorney General's Office has been sparse.

Mexican authorities took over the investigation from the San Diego County Sheriff's Department, which had opened the case weeks earlier as a missing persons investigation.

Kling, 68, was found March 24 near the small town of Puertecitos, about three hours from the U.S.-Mexico border on the eastern side of the Baja Peninsula.

Kling, who owned the two A&J consignment shops in Vista, disappeared sometime after leaving work about 5:30 p.m. March 13, authorities said. Her children reported her missing two days later.

At the memorial service yesterday, she was remembered as a free spirit who doted on her large family, which includes four daughters and eight grandchildren.

Her apple pies, as well as her passionate discussions about politics, were famous at family gatherings.

One family member told the mourners that they might be surprised to learn that Kling was fascinated with science, quantum theory and the origins of the universe. She was in contact at one time with famous physicist Stephen Hawking and wrote two books on the origins of the universe, her family said.

She opened a successful financial consulting firm before venturing into the consignment business.

?Quite simply, Jane is the most dynamic woman I've ever met,? said son-in-law Keith Holmes. ?She was honest, direct, forthcoming. You always got what was on her mind.?

She also was described as a trusting person. One family member said that might have led her unwittingly into danger.

Sheriff's homicide Lt. Dennis Brugos said nothing indicates that Kling was taken to Mexico against her will. Her body was found at the campground near her green 1997 Dodge Caravan. It wasn't known whether she had been staying at the campground.

Robbery didn't appear to be a motive because about $300 in cash, her credit cards and other identification cards were in a purse near her body, authorities said.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.