Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Asthma meds in Baja
Cardon Man
Super Nomad

Mood: !Al Chingaso!

puzzled.gif posted on 11-11-2003 at 03:05 PM
Asthma meds in Baja

A question for any fellow Baja Nomads with asthma: Is Advair available south of the border? If so, what does it cost? I've purchased my serevent there in the past for a great price, I'd love to do the same with the advair. Man is it expensive here in the USA!:?:
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2003 at 08:44 AM

What did you pay for the Serevent. I've never purchased any asthma medicine in Baja but thought about it. I use serevent and flovent.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2003 at 09:56 AM

I use servent and flovent. I puchased both at the Govt. Pharmcies for about$17,00 each. Socor got to be more costly than in the States.
There are several good Pharmarcies in Ensenada and most of the time Drugs are cheaper. Skeet/Loreto
Cardon Man
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2003 at 12:04 PM

The serevent came in a smaller refill than you get here in the states and it was about 20 bucks, which was about 30% savings. Last time I tried to get serevent here in the states it was in the "discus" rather than inhaler. I'm on advair now and it works better than anything for me. Hopefully it's available in Mexico.
Sallysouth
Super Nomad

Mood: missing Baja...

[*] posted on 11-13-2003 at 05:38 PM
Asthma meds

I get all my Albuterol and other "inhalents" in Ensenada. The cheapest and best is "Mikes". It is one block away (west,same side of the street) from El Rey Sol, take a right turn. If he doesn't have it, he will get it and he has the best prices in town.
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 11-13-2003 at 11:01 PM
Email addresses for you

I just happened to pick up a Tijuana phone book today. Here are some email addresses for farmacias.

Generic Club - generic1@telnor.net
Farmacias Internacional - info@farmint.com
Medicinas Montessa - farmaciamontessa@yahoo.com
Farmacias Independencia - farmacy@telnor.net

Hope this helps.
Cardon Man
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2003 at 07:54 AM

Thanks for the e-mail addresses. I should be able find out whats available but unfortunately, I won't be driving down this time so Ensenada is out. Hopefully, I can get the same meds at the East Cape. We shall see...
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 11-14-2003 at 09:29 AM
East Cape? OK....

My phone book fo the cape is two years old and there are no email addresses. However, I know that the American Hospital in Cabo San Lucas has a pharmacy and their URL is http://www.amerimed-hospitals.com

Hope this helps.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2003 at 05:55 PM

If I go into the pharmacy to buy it do I need a written prescription from the doctor or will the package it came in from Rite Aid do?

I pay $15 per co-pay now, going to $20 in 2004. And yes the Serevent is now the disc powder type. Rite aid said the gov. made the company change. It only has 60 actuations verses 120 on the larger inhaler type. Rite Aid is slower than snails on the refills.

[Edited on 11-15-2003 by TW]
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 11-14-2003 at 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TW
If I go into the pharmacy to buy it do I need a written prescription from the doctor or will the package it came in from Rite Aid do?

I pay $15 per co-pay now, going to $20 in 2004. And yes the Serevent is now the disc powder type. Rite aid said the gov. made the company change. It only has 60 actuations verses 120 on the larger inhaler type. Rite Aid is slower than snails on the refills.

[Edited on 11-15-2003 by TW]

Technically, you need a prescription from a Mexican doctor. You may be able to get meds that are not "controlled", but this is not something you want to go to jail for. My wife used to get her birth control pills in TJ 20 years ago by just asking for them.

Might be worth a trip to the doc.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.