BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: How many of you live in Baja?
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2002 at 12:28 AM
How many of you live in Baja?

I am wondering how many live in baja full time, how many visit often, and how many just come here once or twice a year on vacation.

Also, if you can explain why you like it here, and why you choose this place to others in mexico and other countries.

[Edited on 11-22-2002 by JESSE]

reefrocket
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2002 at 09:37 AM

Visit BC if I am lucky 1s every 2 years.:( Am In BC dayly in my mind:D
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2002 at 10:24 AM

Live here. On our sixth year. Initially we chose Mexico because our home cost less than a third of what we would have to spend in the States. (The same beach,different country.)We chose Baja (south of Rosarito) because it was close to the U.S. BIG MISTAKE. We now try to limit our border crossings to once a month. The less we visit the U.S. the less we find we need to. They can keep their hectic rat race and terrorist paranoia. When we cross the border southbound we breathe a collective sigh of relief. Especially when our trunk is filled with contraband.;-)
Keri
Super Nomad

Mood: muy contento

[*] posted on 11-22-2002 at 01:23 PM
Live here

My husband Mike and I live here in La Mision . We have been here a little over 6 years before then we had a palapa on the rio in Mulege in the Orchard . We had that for almost 20 years before we came here. That was part time , whenever we could get there. I have always felt more at home and more comfortable here in Baja than the rat race at home. Like the people better also.k:D:D;)
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

Mood: My friends..it's good.

[*] posted on 11-22-2002 at 08:36 PM

lived here a little over 9 years, go back to the states maybe 1 or 2 months a year sometimes. when I first came down we rented a spot from and older gentelman right on the beach for $20 a month. There were no houses in our area...... nothing.

Been running a communication and solar buisness down here for 7 years with 2 employees (about to trim down). We bought land about 7 years ago also. Now our beach is becoming populated with 350 - 750 thousand dollar homes, and there isn't even electricity here yet! We came down here because we love the desert, the ocean and the weather, the price was right and we saw good people. We also saw buisness opportunity that would enable us to stay here in this particular spot. All of the rancheros know us and we consider them our friends. We have always treated them with respect and tried to contribute back to the school and community. We only have about 800 -100 folks in our little Elias Calles and maybe about 20 gringos. The hurricane (juliette) really united the town when we were isolated for 2 weeks and everyone pitched in to make sure no one was doing without. I love living down here but think that now that lynna is in school back east to finish her degree I may be spending more time in the states. It is difficult for me because I really feel like many down here are family. At this years christmas party All of the kids in town will have presents and get a visit from Santa.
I don't know what else can I say....I'm rambling. Saw 3 whales today jumping and it just brought a smile to my heart. They weren't more than 100 yards out. I was on a roof in Rancho Nuevo messing with an antenna and turned to watch them play. It really made my day.

"Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked of such a thing." Dwight David Eisenhower
Tucker
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2002 at 09:48 PM
Not Having to Pedal So Fast!

I'm working on my eighth year in BCS, first a few months living in Pescadero in '95, then moved to La Paz, still here. Considering moving to the Ensenada area so that I can access my VA benefits. Even though I visited Ensenada last summer, I haven't been to the States since June of '98.
jimmy smith
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2002 at 11:45 AM
Live in Baja California

I live in Los Barriles and intend to die here.
I've be on the peninsula for 49 years now and regard it as my home.
Went to La Paz for the 1000 last week end for the first time in over 2 years. Place has grown so much that I got lost.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.