Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Rogue Waves
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 11-11-2003 at 03:46 PM
Rogue Waves

This is a story that took place last month on the beach in front of our time share. Some good friends were out on the beach in the morning picking up shells and rocks, shortly after the Hurricanes whitch had left the beach face wrather sloped. and so Bent over intent on shelling, A big wave literialy broke on the beach Behind them,washed up caught them off gaurd , Knocked them down, and washed them rolling and tumblinig back out into the Bay!. the next one deposited them on the beach Gagging, Coughing, and strugling to catch their breath. Barbra was downright scared , being a person who loves the ocean, and being really shook Up!, had never had such an experiance. Dave her husband was standing there looking around in the back wash to see if he could spy his Bi-focal glasses. To No availe Dave and his friend snorkled up and down in the small break on the beach, for hours, every day for 5 days.
On the 6th morning the day before we all go home, he is down on the beach was rinsing his face mask in preporation to look once again, and Bam a wave hits him,...and knocks his fins out of his hands. so he stands up and waits for them to washback, back down the beach to him , he grabs them and notices, somthing washing back out!, stops and looks as the next wave comes in his glasses wash up and he grabs them on the way out!! ..the bows were folded up, the frames were in perfect condidtion, and the lens had some very light scratching in the middle!????:saint:
Du Turtle
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2003 at 04:07 PM
Glasses

Must be something about glasses. Years ago when I was still stupid, we were riding 4 - 6 ft. waves in my Zodiak off Surfside Colony in So. Cal.. I got into the "bowl", lost control and flipped the boat. This was one of the most "scared" times I have ever experienced because of , as M said, the propellor.
We lost everything out of the boat including Terry's glasses off his face and the 12' x 4' carpet in the bottom of the boat. We managed to get the boat to the beach and I started working on getting the motor dry and started.
In the mean time, Terry went out looking for his glasses and whatever else he could find. Got the anchor, cushions and random boat stuff on numerous trips back out in about a 2 hour period.
On about the third trip out, he actually came back with his glasses. We could not find the carpet. This I thought was incredible, until reading your story !
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 11-12-2003 at 08:42 AM
Surfside!!??

Wow!! How Long ago were you in
" surfside " or around it. That place is/was hardly known , we spent most of our young life in Huntinton Beach. I knew of it But was never there.

Du Turtle
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2003 at 09:32 AM
The colony

We lived in Huntington Harbour from about 1982 to 1986 and then moved to HB. We would launch in the harbour and motor around to the Colony to surf, fish and have fun at the beach. I built 2 houses in the Colony and had many friends there.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.