Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: baja 1000...........which race fans from here are
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 11-12-2003 at 12:36 PM
baja 1000...........which race fans from here are

going, & gonna be where fri, sat etc.??

i know a few regulars here like the sport and follow the action, or will be around SQ, gonzaga. SF, chapala etc. fri and sat?

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 11-12-2003 at 01:21 PM

Mike,

We'll be at Race Mile 481 (Punta Bufeo turnoff), which at this date is Honda's Pit #10.

Honda 11X is the moto we'll be cheering on. ETA of first riders through is 15:13 pm. Last year we cheered on Honda 1X, but management pulled our guy off this year and 1X is back to a 2-man team (Hengeveld/Campbell).

We also have good friends on Honda 10X.

-Bufeo
Casa P. D. y C.
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2003 at 01:55 PM
We had planned...

on being at RM 407, after dropping off the panga in Bahia, but now that the course may be changed, so are our plans. TODAY's plans are that we may go down to Gypsy's after Contingency, then hit the road south to watch the racers hit the pavement at RM 305 or RM 319 . We may spend the night at Laguna Chapala, RM 438 then back up to Ensenada for Saturday night ,or on to Bahia...Depends on the weather the rest of this week and if we can get the panga ready. We'll know more in the next couple of days.

P & D >*)))><

[Edited on 11-12-2003 by Casa P. D. y C.]
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2003 at 04:44 PM
hi P, yeah - i'm looking at getting to Juanita's

thursday to hook up with some other serious race enthusiasts, crash there thursday nite, and then hopefully get a ride to the 305 pits. then? - its a whatever - who knows?? if i can mooch a ride back to SQ then i'd go to gonzaga maybe or ensenada....just dunno right now... if it rains next week like it is now, there won't be much of anything going on for me. stay in touch on this here or at thaaaaaaaat other place! ;> )

\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2003 at 06:02 PM
Rain

If it rains Mike, I can get you down there as I'm going that way anyway. Land or air, makes no difference.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2003 at 06:40 PM

I'll be at the hwy crossing at RM438 at Baja Pits. Helping with Bike 102X and anyone else that needs it.

Tom Wimberly

[Edited on 11-13-2003 by TW]
jimmy smith
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2003 at 07:34 PM

Paulina,
While you are in Chapala, keep your eyes pealed for a red 1 ton 4x4 with an atv on top and towing a trailer house. Lots of crome--Oregan plates--Accompanied by a Jeep towing a boat on trailer. These people are Mike and Donna Russel from Bonanza Oregon. You'd have to travel far to meet better people. I'd love to see you guys get together.
Your star boarder--Jimmy
Casa P. D. y C.
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2003 at 08:42 PM
Jimmy,

Dern and I will keep an eye or four out for Mike and Donna. I also read that Bedman was going to deliver your photo to Dona Anita. I have another, so as he said, she could probably corner the market on Jimmy Smith photos! Glad to see you on the computer again. Please give our best to Char.

Fondly,

Paulina >*)))><

[Edited on 11-13-2003 by Casa P. D. y C.]
LaTijereta
Super Nomad

thumbup.gif posted on 11-12-2003 at 08:46 PM

Pre-ran already, and will be down next Wednesday. Saw many guys on Monday around Chapala, while we had rain at the southend of the course. Sal is on his way down Thursday to review the "bad" course conditions from the coast over to Laguna Chapala:?: Possible course change in this area, due the silt conditions the teams have encountered on pre-running:o
honda tom
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2003 at 08:21 AM

I'll be in ensenada on thursday, but i dont have a room (the town is booked) so thurs night may be heading to san felipe, for spectating on fri night
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2003 at 08:28 AM
Jimmy - know anything about the strip shown

on the Baja Almanac next to Chapala? its not on the WAC CH-22, nor my other guides. if anyone knows about it, it would be you!

surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2003 at 09:49 AM

Will go down Thursday to see contingency and then go to Ojos Negros for the night...they say the road out of town is good spot for spectating...maybe spend the day driving towards Trinidad to catch return later that night...
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2003 at 11:00 AM
will anyone else be in gonzaga fri nite??

if so would like to hook up for a few. and maybe a camp-fire-site etc....

jimmy smith
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2003 at 11:46 AM

Mike, I don't believe there has been a strip designated at Laguna Chapala. I landed on the strip of road that ran south of Arturo Groso"s ranch house many times. Arturo swore that a D.C. 6 with a load of contraband parrots had landed there with engine trouble. I passed there earlier this month and that portion was under water.
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 11-13-2003 at 01:16 PM

Mike-

I think that airstrip on the Almanac map is the old one that was used for the abandoned mine nearby. I'm not certain though. In any case, I think several years ago the "authorities" plowed a few ditches across it just like they did on the old dry lake bed where flyers used to set down at Punta Bufeo.

On your second question, we hope to be in residence at Bufeo by next Tue afternoon, so will be there Thur also. That's just in case you decide to land at the PB Muni instead of BdSLG X. Whatever, I'll probably be monitoring 122.8 over those days. We've always got extra cervezas in the fridge. You'll be welcome.

-A Not-so-Anonymous Bufeo
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2003 at 06:39 AM
sounds good - looks like fri nite

in gonzaga after thurs in SQ, cielito lindo with the boyz from baja.net before they go work the pits. i'll call 122.8 when am in/around.

Jimmy - what's your plans on the trip back to VA? e me.

Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 11-15-2003 at 02:29 PM

Going to be somewhere between Coco's and Puertecitos. We havn't got our assignment yet. Our guy is signed up with BFG but wants us inbetween their checks. Right now I'm guessing Huerfanito area. Wayno bbbait@webtv.net
westy
Junior Nomad

Mood: some people call me the Space Cowboy

[*] posted on 11-16-2003 at 12:41 AM

we'll be at tech on thursday.
watching the race near ojos friday morn.
in felipe for friday afternoon.
pitting/chasing at 3 poles in the eve.
bunking down at a friends house at
campo mar y sol for the remander of friday
and saturday nights.
watch for a white 4x4 tundra
wave me down, lets share a cold one

:spingrin:
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-16-2003 at 06:34 AM
wayno

do me a flavor and check out the air strip status at Huerfanito. see if its open etc.
will you be driving there from north or south?

David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-16-2003 at 02:19 PM
Course Change Rumor

Instead of dealing with the silt beds where the race was going to turn from the Pacific coast (near Pta. Blanca)towards Chapala, it may head up to Hwy. 1 sooner. That road reaches Hwy. One, 8 miles north of Catavina. Then, it will run on Hwy. 1 for 40 miles to Chapala.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.