BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Has anyone flown out of Tijuana?
msrla
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2006 at 10:40 PM
Has anyone flown out of Tijuana?

Just wondering what your experience is flying out of Tijuana. We might end up doing this for our May trip to La Paz due to the Aerocal Fiasco. Is it better to park in San Diego for security, is there a shuttle, if not, taxi? (how much?) don't know how i feel about leaving my car in TJ for a week..... any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
chickensoup

[*] posted on 4-6-2006 at 11:30 PM

Trolly to TJ. Cab to the airport. I've done it many times. NOOOO problem.

About $11 to the airport from the border.

I live in San Diego, so I don't worry about the parking...but I wouldn't leave my car in TJ for a week.
Phil C
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-7-2006 at 05:51 AM

I've left my car at Tijuana airport several times, indoor parking, with no problem. Granted, I leave a car nobody would want to steal and nothing in it. Rodriguez will realy get you into the mexican feeling right away. I love to fly out of there, wish they had a flight to Loreto.
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 4-7-2006 at 07:03 AM

Used to fly out of TJ a lot when still in Sacramento. Still remember the $ 62.00 R/T's to La Paz. Drove to TJ, stayed overnight at the Conquistador ,which allows you to leave your car till you return. Cab to Airport and back. Drove a Mazda RX 7 those days and never had a problem.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-7-2006 at 03:08 PM

I have flown out of Tijuana many times to La Paz. Love the ease of the airport. Also I always leave my truck in there parking lot for up to 2 weeks without any problems. I will fly out of there mid May to take care of Bambooville. Carol
Phil C
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-7-2006 at 04:26 PM

Carol. Love to see your posts. Keep it up..
bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-7-2006 at 04:29 PM

Pricey if you have much luggage. I didn't know they were going to weigh everything that wasn't a carry-on, and the books I brought back to La Paz cost me nearly as much as the ticket.

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain
msrla
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2006 at 11:54 PM

Thanks to all who posted with all this helpful info.... I sincerely hope to be LA PAZ BOUND one way or the other.... this is my families annual tradition and I hate to have to cancel this trip due to Aerocal and crazy high airfares to Cabo! (doesn't look like flying out of TJ to LP is that much less, I don't know WHAT the mexicana lady was talking bout, $240 r/t on Aeromex, TJ to LP??? I think not!) I thought the fares weren't as high in May as they are in April..........:(

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.