Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Special Help for Schools in Baja
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2003 at 03:11 PM
Special Help for Schools in Baja

Most all Towns in Baja Sur have good schools thanks to an Ex President named Luis Portillo. Even through this Ex Pres, escaped with a Airplane Load of Pesos he did more than any Pres, for Schools in Baja.
I was in Loreto during a lot of the time of the schools were being built.

Portillo Motto was"Mexico's Children Are Its Future"
Most of the Regular Schools are in fair shape. The school I beame involed with was the Boarding School located in the Colonoal Zargarosa in Loreto. This is the School where the youngsters come in for the Ranchs and out lying Areas and Board during the week going home for the weekend.
In Loreto ask in Town if Linda or Patty are still involved with the school they will be able to direct you with any requests.
There was a Christmas Program each year which was well received by the Children and their Parents.

Also contact Gail Rameriz . Loreto Solutions. She could be very Helpful/
To anyone doing things for these Children you will be greatly Rewarded by the Mexican Parents Kindness. One of the most if not the most rewarding experience in my many years has been in being a part of that community. Skeet/Loreto
Marie-Rose
Senior Nomad

Mood: Worried...

[*] posted on 11-12-2003 at 07:54 PM

Thank you Skeet. My husb. and I will try to contact the people listed. If nothing else, we might be able to volunteer during the time we are there!! We will have to hury and improve our spanish skills.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.