Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Loreto Bay CEO on Baja Talk Radio
MexicoTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2006 at 09:56 AM
Loreto Bay CEO on Baja Talk Radio

Hey Nomads,

Finally! We have a show about the Loreto Bay Development tomorrow (Tuesday, April 11th). Our guest will be CEO and President Jim Grogan and we'll discuss the status of the project today and the future of Loreto.

We welcome all email (new email is bajatalkradio@yahoo.com) and telephone (new toll free number is 866-613-1612) questions.... be somewhat kind if you are against the project as it took alot to get him to be a guest.

Once again the show homepage is

http://www.worldtalkradio.com/show.asp?sid=126

Hope you will listen and it looks like we will finally have consistent shows as the management has finally settled everything with the new studio equipment and personel.

Glad to be back,
Ted

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-10-2006 at 10:02 AM

This should be good!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

Mood: gone fishin'

[*] posted on 4-10-2006 at 02:11 PM

Ok the show is from 3-4pm Pacific Time right?? Yeah this should be good I'll definately be listening in!
Garry
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2006 at 03:09 PM
Loreto Bay

Would someone let Skeet know (WHERE IS THE WATER)
jcurland

[*] posted on 4-10-2006 at 04:32 PM

Should be very intresting, wonder if anyone will bring up the article in the Gringo Gaz? Either way at least we will here it from the horses mouth. Of course, with a grain of salt.
MexicoTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2006 at 09:42 AM

Yes, the new showtime for BAJA TALK RADIO is 3-4pm Pacific time and we have a new email as I mentioned (bajatalkradio@yahoo.com).
Ted

Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2006 at 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MexicoTed
be somewhat kind if you are against the project as it took alot to get him to be a guest.

Why was that, exactly? I would think he would want all the publicity he could get.

I would.

<Unless I was trying to hide something> ;)

bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2006 at 11:28 AM

Did anyone hear the show. I cant get anything to happen on the website. Tried yesterday and again today...but nooooooooooooo.

bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2006 at 11:58 AM

Got it

Ted. Your site doesnt work with Netscape browser.

Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2006 at 12:11 PM

Judy
Do you have a windows media player in your computer? I clicked on the site, and when it came up I clicked on the "listen to the archives" box. This brought out my media player. I looked at the schedule (clicked that box at top of page) and tried to listen to the show in progress, and couldn't recieve it, although I did receive archives. The listener support box, also at the top, talks about what you need to listen, and says that you need less of it to listen to archives. I'm assuming we'll get the show somehow today at 4pm in Loreto, or at least the archives after. Hope this helps- I'm not much of a computer expert.

Pompano
the coffee cup was really cool!

[Edited on 4-11-2006 by Paula]
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 4-11-2006 at 12:18 PM

Paula and Judy...I have no idea how I got the program so easily. I just buy the machine, turn it on, and it works it's magic.

I have XP Windows Pro if that means anything. There was a little box that I clicked and some genie up/down-whatever-loaded the whole mess onto my computer.

At this moment I am listening to a religious/philosophy program...which I guess means I am on the road to the right program with Ted...and also salvation, which will surprise my wife I am sure.

So you like that cup of coffee, eh? Thought you would...got to warn you though, you can float a wrench on this coffee....you better have some cream? sugar?

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2006 at 12:59 PM

Oh everything seems to work fine in explorer. I have a pop up blocker on Netscape which may be blocking the media player from.....you guessed it...popping up.
Now all I have to do is remember to listen. Now that I have the correct day:D

Pomp, This computer stuff is PFM, isnt it.

[Edited on 4-11-2006 by bajajudy]

Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2006 at 01:12 PM

Judy,
Glad to hear it all works... it should be pretty intersting on this trhread this evening!

Pompano,
Next ime Don and I pass by a sign on the highway that syas Pompano, we'll be stopping... no cream or sugar necessary, thank you!

bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2006 at 03:05 PM

It is starting. Ted needs to learn how to speak French. I guess that is him. Fountain blow:no:

Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2006 at 03:12 PM

Has The Man entered the building yet?

Very nice painting Pompano, is it one of yours?

Cardon
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2006 at 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano

Yes..and No.. on Rudolfo of Mulege..this is a work done by a friend in Idaho who took it off one of my photos of Rudolfo. I have drawn and painted a couple, but I love the warmth shown here of a fellow bistro-lover like this old-timer.

Did your friend use real paint or did he use Corel Painter/Photoshop? Either way its very nice. Does he sell copies? If so, he might make some money from some nomads on here.

My Baja photos are now on my site
For more Baja Photos go to
this website
http://baja.smugmug.com/
http://craigpearson.com/
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2006 at 03:56 PM
My notes on the talk

8000 acre jewel in the heart of "the" Baja.

Here we go: more authentic mexican villages...with wine and cheese shops...jeez.
:barf:

600 homes sold, 150 to be finished in 60 days.

Smile....what is that.

Promises:

create more water than we use

create more electricity renewable non polluting.. wind mills on the Pacific

create more bio mass.....transpeninsular...aqua vida. growing mangroves to renew the estuary.

created separate foundation..job training, affordable housing. helping build a new hospital($1,000,000)

$300,000,000 sales

new sewage treatment plant. ordered composting facility. organic farming.

19 wells ....they will not use.

population.....

5000 acres open space.

buying the golf course, salt water grass on a new course.

Inn at Loreto Bay....their base of operation and open to the public.

BacknineDan...........stucco problems....

Desal...major issue.

Capt mike wants to park his plane

Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

rolleyes.gif posted on 4-11-2006 at 03:59 PM
Well, that was interesting

Part of my 2nd question was partly answered. Here is what I asked:

Quote:

Hello Mr. Grogan my name is Corky . I own a home in Baja Sur. I have been an opponent to shoreside developments in sensitve and threatened areas for many years. Inasmuch I am extremely fond of Loreto, the "Bay" and its' citizens.

I am not however opposed to ALL nearsshore projects , mainly those that compromise the local ecosystem and environment.

My question(s) is one that is repeatedly asked rergarding the Villages of Loreto Bay.

It seems there is much concern over the future availability of necessary services in and around Loreto.

Many believe that Loreto will fall way short of these utilities in the near future without huge investments and infrastructure given the current rate of growth.

-------------------------

Can you tell us what concrete plans you have for upgrading or supplementing the energy and water needs of the town in the near and distant future?

Also, are you prepared to help augment the existing utilities in order to fulfill your promises and commitments to your clients and people of Loreto if it becomes necessary sooner than expected?

-----------------------
My last question addresses the "Bay" itself.

Will the quality of the "Bay" remain untouched by the (your) current developments in regards to sewage treatment and effluent outfall?

Thank you for your time and concern.

I guess he tried to cover the 1st question in his opening dialog. I don't know about you but I find the responses about the waste and energy issues basically unresolved :mad:

[Edited on 4-11-2006 by Sharksbaja]

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

Mood: gone fishin'

[*] posted on 4-11-2006 at 04:06 PM
So do I...

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja

I guess he tried to cover the 1st question in his opening dialog. I don't know about you but I find the responses about the waste and energy issues basically unresolved :mad:

[Edited on 4-11-2006 by Sharksbaja]

I found the responses to be canned sales talk. And the promises sound something like the promises made by local politicians around election time. Baja Judy summed it up very well. and all this doesn't surprize me at all, except the question that backninedan asked about the stucco. Maybe some of those workers should have called in. And create more water than they use? gimme a break! they're going to replant over the aquifers so that they can become recharged over many years time.....try tens of millions of years! :lol:
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2006 at 04:11 PM

Sharksbaja,
Your questions not only went unanswered, they went unasked by the interviewer. All questions-- the few that were used-- seemed to be excerpted, and what may have been substantial questions were substantially reduced.

This was not an interview, it was an infomercial.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.