Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Loreto Bay CEO on Baja Talk Radio
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

Mood: gone fishin'

[*] posted on 4-11-2006 at 04:11 PM

this ought to make ya laugh...

I have a copy paste of an old e-mail that I sent Sharky regarding the create more water than they use idea. Really I couldn't make this up, but thought you all could use a good laugh..

"Last night Francisco and I were invited to dinner at El Nido. When we left the building Francisco had a smoke and we spoke with our friends before leaving. Out comes a motorcycle looking dude to have a smoke away from his friends. Turns out he's the "LB Ecologist". We were talking about saving water because our friends asked us why our truck is so dusty. We're waiting for the next rain of course! Well just after our two friends left, this ecologist told us the LB will be "making water" so I asked if this means a de-sal plant will go in at some point, no~ he says that they'll be planting plants that will make water! "So", I say, "will you be creating a rain forest?" He says that yes they will as he's from the Olympic Peninsula and he joked that he'd bring some plants with him. I asked will they survive drought conditions? But then he told us that they will be planting native plants really close together and that thats going to "make water", at least "that is the plan". I laughed and asked him if he knew that desert plants put out toxins into the soil to prevent other plants (including their own species) from growing nearby, decreasing their population density because of lack of water in their ecosystem. I did not tell him that I studied plant physiology at SSU and UCD and that I specialized in desert plants before getting heavily into organic chemistry. His look was classic! I asked him if this was the first time he'd ever heard of this phenomenon, and he said that he was "following a plan". What a joke, now they're going to create a desert rain forest! What next?"

WOW! :lol::lol::lol:
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2006 at 04:12 PM
Affordable??

Starting at 300k - sure not going to be a second home for most of us Nomads, I don't believe.

The guest used lots of promises, sales pitches - I think he tried to sell us acreage in California City about 30 years ago; same sort of wild goals and promises. Must admit Loreto has more going for it than California City.

We need this diversity on Baja Talk Radio though.

John M

[Edited on 4-11-2006 by John M]
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2006 at 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by flyfishinPam
Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja

I guess he tried to cover the 1st question in his opening dialog. I don't know about you but I find the responses about the waste and energy issues basically unresolved :mad:

[Edited on 4-11-2006 by Sharksbaja]

I found the responses to be canned sales talk. And the promises sound something like the promises made by local politicians around election time. Baja Judy summed it up very well. and all this doesn't surprize me at all, except the question that backninedan asked about the stucco. Maybe some of those workers should have called in. And create more water than they use? gimme a break! they're going to replant over the aquifers so that they can become recharged over many years time.....try tens of millions of years! :lol:

Yep, sounded rehearsed to me. I don't think you have to worry much about the desal plant.:lol: Smart business people won't invest in a system with too much "gray area" :lol:

But the wind farm in S. Juanico will be a thing of beauty. So will the scar over the mountains created when they install the poles for the wires.:no:

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2006 at 04:15 PM

Yes Paula it was nothing more than an informercial. Geeze I should have called in to ask why LB never had a town meeting for the local Spanish speaking populace like they did for the english speakers. This was to dispell rumors. I was too busy to attend but of what I heard that was discussed at the meeting I was looking very forward to going to the Spanish verison. Of course I would have sat near a door for a quick escape because a riot definately would have broken out. :lol:
Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2006 at 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by flyfishinPam
...And create more water than they use? gimme a break! they're going to replant over the aquifers so that they can become recharged over many years time.....try tens of millions of years! :lol:

Well, we can't help but to wish them luck with their efforts to find water. After all, it's not Loreto Bay that needs water, it's Loreto that needs water. Fonatur sold "Loreto's water"to Loreto Bay, according to Grogan.

Kind of puts them LB in a strong bargaining position if we don't like their alternative plans.

Wonder why Grogan didn't mention cloud seeding from balloons and blimps.:lol:
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2006 at 04:29 PM

Don,

Remember when Mayor Ramon Davis sold the town square (with the gazebo and bust of Presidente Juarez) to Mr. Marceletti of Posada de las Flores? The people were so furious over that , that the next mayor tony Verdugo ran on a platform of giving the plaza back to the people. Tony won that election and gave the square back to the people. Well the same kind of thing can happen again if LB really was given all rights to the citys water. This kind of crapola may be why a Spanish speaking meeting over LB issues has never been presented to the people.
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2006 at 04:30 PM

Did he not say that"Fonatur is responsible for the infrastructure" ? He knows damn well where the water and juice will come from ....duh.....same place it is now.....from the Mexicans, it's their resdponsibility!:lol:

durn it kant spel tooday...........

mabee ime n shok!

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
backninedan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2006 at 09:05 PM

What a softball interview, "here ya go Loreto bay hack, you can hit this easy question out of the park" My email to them had three questions. The first two questions were concerning the poor living conditions for Loreto Bay workers and non payment of wages. The poor living conditions can be seen daily here in Loreto, and non-payment of wages was told directly to me by several current and former employees. They chose the question envolving problems with construction techniques. Silly me, I expected and interview, not just a free advertisement for Loreto Bay.
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2006 at 09:11 PM

TED
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to hear all of the people that you interview. Not only did you allow us to actually hear someone from Loreto Bay but you also have allowed us to hear first hand from some of our favorite authors, sports enthusiasts, etc. People who have something to say about Baja.
Your event announcements help all of us know what is happening.
Muchisimas Gracias.

Worldtraveller
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2006 at 09:22 PM

Here are a couple of articles a friend showed me about windpower & desalination in Spain. Of course, Spain is a different world than Baja.

I can't figure out whether this is credible and applicable to Baja. Am posting so that those with quicker minds on these topics can give an opinion.

http://www.technologyreview.com/microsites/spain/water/

http://www.technologyreview.com/microsites/spain/
Phil C
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2006 at 05:16 AM

Most disturbing to me is the idea that L.B. has the rights to the wells in the San Juan valley. Loreto has no control over thier own water supply?
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2006 at 07:06 AM

Thanks for the show Ted - allowing us to listen to someone saying something about Baja Calif.

I certainly don't expect your show to be "60 minutes".

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2006 at 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Phil C
Most disturbing to me is the idea that L.B. has the rights to the wells in the San Juan valley. Loreto has no control over thier own water supply?

Nope. All riparian rights are owned by the federal government. You can't drill a well on your property without a permit. (Difficult to obtain an expensive) And if used for other than agricultural purposes, you will pay for water extracted.

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 4-12-2006 at 02:39 PM

Grogan did a good job. i hope he succeeds. $330K for a beach front is a bargain. look at costs in other US coastal areas. snooze ya lose in real estate. not my cup of tea but for others, why not. it ain't over till yogi berra sings.......................:saint::saint:

thx for getting my Q up Ted but he missed the point, having help entering and processing papers when in private AC is easy but not really needed for most baja flyers after one trip getting the hang of it. What he needs is some influence over MMLT ops to make it user friendly to flying residents, like Guaymas does. As it stands now, my dream goes to San Carlos where JZ is for a great deal at a great area. Baja is an in between place, ok to visit for now.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
tehag
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2006 at 03:24 PM
LB interview

Too bad the interview wasn't televised, they could have shown the new sewage works.;D;D;D
bancoduo
Banned

[*] posted on 4-13-2006 at 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tehag
Too bad the interview wasn't televised, they could have shown the new sewage works.;D;D;D

Thats an improvement; They used to chit where they stood. How were they housebroken?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::mad::mad::fire:
MexicoTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2006 at 05:58 PM

Hey Nomads:

Glad to see the show was well-listened to and now well-discussed. It certainly will be a top show as far as listeners.

As far as questions, please remember I try to get to all questions and you can ask pretty much anything. The problem with this particular show was I received 78 questions and most came during the show. Since I receive the emails directly during the interview, it's difficult to go through them all.

Questions such as Corky's and Capt. Mike's are just a little too long to go pick out the right spots. They are great questions, but when they are 4 or five small paragraphs it makes it difficult. Plus Mike I have to admit I didn't know what MMLT. As far as Backninedan's questions, the "stucco" one came first and since I try to answer them in order, Inever go to your other one's. I did email you this after the show to let you know this.

As far as powderpuff questions, I just try to get the basic questions out to him and let you ask either positive or negative questions of the guest. I did ask a couple times about the environmental impact, water, waste, etc so.... Nothing was scripted and as you can see Jim was adept at good, long answers promoting his company. Also don't forget, that any calls receive first position on questions and we did get a few of those.

I'm just glad people are listening as their was mention of cancelling this show (not by me, but by the station) as we are having so much difficulty getting a sponsor (or group of sponsors). For the next couple months we'll be on the air regularly and we'll see if we can find some businesses to sponsor us.....

Thanks again for listening,
Ted

capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2006 at 06:24 PM

You all seemed to be surprised by the LB response to questions. Call it an infomercial, sales pitch, etc. I am not surprised at all. LB uses smoke and mirrors to hide its bullsh-t project with all its faults. Fonatur looks the other way and they have dumped the poorly built hotel that is sinking on the Canadian Company. Now for the truth in advertising....Loreto Bay, Lousy Construction, Overpriced, Oversold, Lousy Idea. Come buy one of our crummy homes, built on shallow beachfront with no concern for Hurricanes and earthquakes. We are building a genuine Mexican Pueblo for rich Canadians and stupid Americans. We will provide you with fresh water and sewage systems, NOT. You can rent your unit out and it will pay for itself in only 799 years---if rented full time. Of course you must buy our furniture package for only $40,000 american dollars if you want in the rental pool. Speaking of pools, be sure to visit our cesspool of a project the next time you are passing through Baja Sur. We are not full of crap, we are a Canadian Company.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

If there is no fishing in heaven, I am not going
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 4-15-2006 at 06:17 AM

oh, come on now Sharky, tell us how you really feel!!:lol::lol::lol:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 4-15-2006 at 07:15 AM

Sharky. You & the guys still spreading that "hotel sinking" crap at Cafe Ole? I spend time at the hotel for breakfast & occational drinks (like two nights ago) and if that hotel is sinking into the sand, I'd like you to produce some proof of that "comment". Making statements like that is not "productive" to anyones project, whether it be tongue in cheek or maliciously made. Now I'm just talking about the hotel. I don't have an engineers degree, or construction background that I can challenge your statements of the condition of the work techniques of the rest of the project. But. I've built five homes in my lifetime, have a little knowledge of construction, and I haven't seen what you refer to. Help me out here. What's your background? Your statements sound like first hand knowledge. I'm somewhat defensive of this project, yes. Maybe because I live here. In fact. Yes. Because I do live here I guess. And yes. Your still welcome at our home anytime because we've met once & can be civil too about our concerns.
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.