Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Loreto Bay CEO on Baja Talk Radio
bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2006 at 09:41 AM

Thanks for that detailed info, Judy and Pam.

How great that excess water is going to be generated by all those imported Olympic Peninsula trees--which as a fringe benefit will probably cause snow to fall at Loreto in winter.

I hope they'll be kind enough to channel some of the excess down to La Paz, so our faucets will no longer run dry from time to time on summer evenings.

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2006 at 11:05 AM

Quote:
I hope they'll be kind enough to channel some of the excess down to La Paz, so our faucets will no longer run dry from time to time on summer evenings.

Lera, I didn't know that this happens in La Paz. I suspect that water will be scarce in Loreto long before Loreto Bay starts manufacturing thier own.

Jim Grogan did say in the interview that Loreto Bay has rights to Loreto's water. I thought this to be the only relevant piece of information in the interview, which I have rudely called an infomercial.

Probably many of us know how water comes in Oaxaca, and perhaps in other mainland areas. It comes throuhg the pipes every other day. I learned this the embarassing way, by washing my hair and shaving my legs on a Tuesday. The family I was staying with did without water that day. And I learned how to take a shower using about 2 quarts of water! Hotels and restaurants have priority and HUGE storage capacity. The well off have all they need. The middle class are very careful about what they use, and the poor just do without.

Let's hope this isn't the future for BCS!
capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2006 at 12:15 PM
Cafe Ole guys

I don't know any of those guys at the Cafe Ole, Phil. But I have talked to people that work for LB and have been told first hand about the project. Also, during the hurricane Martin, the roof of the hotel leaked and all three floors were flooded. As for the sinking, I believe it was a manager (who is no longer there) that told me one of the sections had settled lower than the others. It is, afterall, built on backfill. I am not malicious about Loreto Bay--I am not particularly fond of the project as it drains off resources needed in Loreto. I have seen the construction firsthand and, while I am no contractor, I think the construction is very shabby and possibly unsafe. That is my opinion and I'm sticking to it. If I were to invest in Nopolo, I would prefer to buy one of the original houses like the one you have. Loreto Bay is out of town, so I don't really give a crap about the construction. But, I do feel sorry for anyone putting their retirement money into the place. So we will agree to disagree on this subject---no problema. But, please don't paint me with the same brush as the guys at Cafe Ole. You might be insulting them.

If there is no fishing in heaven, I am not going
backninedan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2006 at 12:41 PM

Sharky, give me a buzz next time your in town, my place is just around the corner for your condos.

Dan and Misty
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2006 at 01:05 PM

It's pretty hard for someone so programmed to switch schpiels(sp?)

He was in his naural element. Part of a developers job is to convince, convince, convince.
Probably why there are so many skeptics. ;)

I am still confused as to Mr. Grogans reference to Fonaturs responsibility regarding infrastructure.

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2006 at 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja
...I am still confused as to Mr. Grogans reference to Fonaturs responsibility regarding infrastructure.

And confusion is not a good thing.

The future need for water and electricity will not be Loreto Bay's alone, but will be a shared need of Loreto and other developments.

It may be implied, but NOT STATED, that the Loreto Bay Corporation will finance the construction of projected power generation facilities, transmission lines and desal plants.

But those are aren't immediate needs. Sewage treatment is. And is Loreto Bay building it? No. Apparently Fonatur (government) is.

When it's time for a desal plant, who will pay for construction? Who will use the water, and what rates will the users have to pay? Whatever the answer, giving Loreto Bay rights to the water Loreto currently uses give them a pretty good bargaining chip.

Can you imagine what would happen if the US Government turned a city water supply over to foreign developers?:O
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2006 at 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Alley
Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja
...I am still confused as to Mr. Grogans reference to Fonaturs responsibility regarding infrastructure.

And confusion is not a good thing.

The future need for water and electricity will not be Loreto Bay's alone, but will be a shared need of Loreto and other developments.

It may be implied, but NOT STATED, that the Loreto Bay Corporation will finance the construction of projected power generation facilities, transmission lines and desal plants.

But those are aren't immediate needs. Sewage treatment is. And is Loreto Bay building it? No. Apparently Fonatur (government) is.

When it's time for a desal plant, who will pay for construction? Who will use the water, and what rates will the users have to pay? Whatever the answer, giving Loreto Bay rights to the water Loreto currently uses give them a pretty good bargaining chip.

Can you imagine what would happen if the US Government turned a city water supply over to foreign developers?:O

Oh, like turning over the Ports to some Arabs?:lol:

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2006 at 08:32 PM

Or the Port of Los Angeles to the Chinese:fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

If there is no fishing in heaven, I am not going
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 4-16-2006 at 07:24 AM

Sharky. Thanks for the response. I'm acquainted with both of the "prior" two managers and have spent some time with both. Peter the 1st, & Eric II. Now Loreto Bay owns w/Citibank and haven't met the new manager. Nothings come up in conversation around me, so I just thought it was maybe a tongue in cheek comment. Doesn't sound very good to me. Sorry about dropping you into the Cafe Ole "group" Won't happen again. Guess you know what I mean about that then. L.B. is asking for a meeting with Nopolo residents soon. So might have some answers regarding water, sewer, infrastructure, etc. Lots of personnel changes going on down here right now. Maybe will know something within next couple weeks.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.