Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: out and about
fishinrich
Nomad

smile.gif posted on 11-13-2003 at 12:48 PM
out and about

With the wind showing no sign of letting up in buena vista I decided to put the aluminum boat on the expedition trailer and hit the road for a while. I hunted sunday and shot dove and quail which were very tasty. Spent monday night in loreto, the town was very quiet. tuesday and wednesday were spent at punta chivato diving and fishing. The road in, is in very good shape and the beach was clean along with the showers and out houses Today I am headed for punta abreojos for a few days and then over to bola for a few more. I just had lunch at rice and beans in san ignacio and they were nice enough to let me use there computer and there food was very good. I will post again when I get to bola. cya---fishin rich
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-13-2003 at 05:42 PM

Thanks Rich for the report! If you see this before you leave for Abreojos, Whistler can hook you up with all the good info. Ricardo of Rice and Beans is great people, and we sure appreciate his letting you post the report! By the way, our mutual friend, Baja Mur, just emailed me... so, he is still kicking!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

4baja
Super Nomad

mad.gif posted on 11-13-2003 at 09:01 PM

************************************************************************. david k is harmless and a friend and yes i love baja . net so lets get on with our good lives and love what we love best. (BAJA):fire:

[Edited on 11-14-2003 by BajaNomad]
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2003 at 10:40 PM
Stories

So, BSV, didja gitcher arse kicked? These kinda stories are what keep me interested in delving into these boards.
Like "M's" story and a bunch of others. That is what makes it all worthwhile.
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 11-13-2003 at 10:55 PM

No way! He brought some awesome t-kill-ya!

And we drank it all! Gone in 60 seconds!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ski Baja
So, BSV, didja gitcher arse kicked? These kinda stories are what keep me interested in delving into these boards.
Like "M's" story and a bunch of others. That is what makes it all worthwhile.

[Edited on 11-14-2003 by Q87]
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2003 at 12:14 AM

Patriots, if you are watching.

Anti Americanism. gee whillackers, I wonder why. And whiney arse scientists are famous for this kind of nonsense.
No, I think that no matter what your title is, even if you have the planetary importance of building weapons of mass destruction , you should keep your nonsense in their own yards until you can show a better example. Which when it comes to Baja, nobody that lives here is interested.

[Edited on 11-14-2003 by Ski Baja]
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 11-14-2003 at 06:32 AM
well.... back to the topic here....sheeesh

when is "playground" going to end????

Rich - am curious - do you have a gun permit for your shot gun in baja - assume its your guns? what does it take for sport shooting? i want to kill black brandt (to eat of course) around SQ - we should plan a trip there. used to be a guide there. I brought a gun to SD so next time you're up i'd like to join you at the Skeet/trap range. (not the Skeet/loreto range! )

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-14-2003 at 08:01 AM

I was not kicked out by Doug Bowles, I get an email from him every time he flys to Gonzaga asking if I want to go. Last Thanksgiving, Doug invited me to eat at his table at Alfonsina's see photo at http://davidksbaja.com/1102 .

[Edited on 11-14-2003 by BajaNomad]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Mellow

[*] posted on 11-14-2003 at 10:46 AM

Capt. Mike

I used to do a lot of bird hunting (mostly white-wing dove, some quail) on the mainland at Lake Hidalgo Lodge (near Los Mochis, very near El Fuerte). It was amazing, huge flights of dove in the peanut fields. I would fly VNY-HMO, clearing at Hermosillo and then on to El Fuerte where the lodge would pick us up. We would always get our gun permits and hunting licenses from an outfit in Long Beach that specialized in that stuff (naturally can't remember their name right now but I'm sure it is in my records somewhere). We would use the lodge's guns and shells. It was my understanding that taking a shotgun and shells into Mexico was doable with the proper paperwork, but I never tried it. I don't know if this is responsive to your message but you brought back some nice memories so I thought I would throw in $0.02.
++Ken++
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2003 at 03:04 PM
yeah Ken, thx. the paperwork to get the

permission to take your fav shootin irons is horrendous, plus takes a long time to process, costs a lot, so....most people that want to do it just go to the hunting lodges and pay the total fee. i know of several around los mochis, obregon etc. they offer "cast and blast" packages where you can bass fish lunker 20 pounders and then blast ducks till your shoulder hurts, heavan for me but mui expensivo! for the well healed for sure. i'd like to get fishin Rich over there for some bass spear fishing!

\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Mellow

[*] posted on 11-14-2003 at 04:01 PM

Miguel

I forgot about the great bass fishing in Lake Hidalgo. What a bonus that was. We would shoot doves in the morning and fish in the afternoon. The food was incredible, they would grill the marinated dove breasts, the bass filets, and throw in some frog legs for good measure. Good memories.
++Ken++
BajaMur

smile.gif posted on 11-14-2003 at 04:36 PM
Great to hear from you

Hey Fishn Rich, I'm glad David K mentioned in his latest email to me about this website since I haven't been online much at ALL, but I was talking to Mike Rizzo just a couple days ago and he and I both were wondering what you were up to lately. Sounds like you're still living the Vida Baja Suprema!
I've got a new wife, and got a new life in Phoenix (where she has a house). I'm getting tons of flight credits going to CA every other weekend to see my kids (too bad Southwest doesn't fly to BAJA!).
My last fishing trip was in July to San Quintin and we caught our limits of Albacore by 9am! We couldn't troll five minutes without a single or double hookup. I also went fishing in March in Cancun and caught a few new fish down there which was awesome (besides a trip to Chichen Itza).
Take care, and I'll try to go online more often now that I'm settling down from the turmoil of the last year or so.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2003 at 07:54 PM
hey Mur, call me. send me your email

or PM me here, I will buy all your SW award tickets, i fly to SD weekly, usually my bird but sometimes the big bird. If you have tickets I'm a cash buyer!

Lets talk some Baja trips too!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.