Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: A damp Baja Hello
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 4-13-2006 at 10:06 PM
A damp Baja Hello

April 6th was my last post and after that I found myself cut off from all of my friends on this board. I worried so, because I had felt so connected to so many of you in this place and time. I shuttered to, when I received the message?you are not logged in and there is a problem with your password, Over, over, and over again. Fear invaded my self satisfaction. I was cut lose from my ability to made myself heard by those I cared for.

Not crying, but very sorryful in my banishment. Where were those who seemed to care. Nothing! No acknowledgement of my absence.

Reading your posts and wishing to expound on the feelings that they aroused in me.
Unable, thwarted, disillusioned, saddened and frustrated in my inability to say----anything!

Paranoid, and getting worse. Why was I cut off?had I offended someone?what!
What would happen to my most cherished, ?Normal? Nomad title. Would I ever find my way back.

Thank God, that Doug held my hand as I made my way, silently, through the darkness and back to the people who mean so much to me. I believe that you all know who you are

Damn it was only 7 days that I was unable to communicate with the Baja people whom I rely on to maintain the little sanity that I have left.

The problem turned out to be that my computer calendar had me living in the month of December 2006. Now! I am sure about why I hate Christmas?that is aside from the fact that when I was growing up we were so poor that one Christmas I received a pair of shoe laces as my gift. I still have the dictionary that my mother saved green stamps to purchase. It is right alongside the hundred plus books, that allow me to escape, to my favorite place??..Baja.
So glad to be back!

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2006 at 10:13 PM

7 days !! Wow Bernie, how could you stand it ?? :lol:

Glad you're back.

Greenstamps bought my first bicycle.
I still remember sitting at my grandmother's kitchen table licking and sticking the stamps in those books. Great memories.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 4-14-2006 at 06:27 AM

welcome back Baja Bernie we missed you.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2006 at 07:17 AM

Bernie, welcome home. On my birthday once I got an extra helping of wieney water. My mother was a maid for rich people who would give us the water when they boiled hotdogs. We lived for many years on just wieney water.
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2006 at 07:17 AM

Welcome back Bernie

We used to mostly get small kitchen appliances with our green stamps. Diver, my mother let me use a sponge to paste our in the books.

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 4-14-2006 at 07:54 AM

my grandma used to slip me a few green stamps and i'd "buy" a hotwheels car. still have one called "sandcrab"- a dune buggy!

David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-14-2006 at 08:00 AM

Welcome back Bernie!
Baja Nomad is about friends helping friends, afterall! ;D

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2006 at 08:46 AM

Useful experience! Now you can write a book about being marooned without access to BajaNomad.

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain
Neal Johns
Super Nomad

Mood: In love!

[*] posted on 4-14-2006 at 08:55 AM

I'll buy that book! (if it's written by Bernie)
I need a new book to read on the other side of the world from Baja. Maid Marian is forcing me to go with her to Oz outback on the other side of the world soon for a month and a half. Will I have to turn the book upside down to read it? Do they speak English? (I have an American/Oz dictionary ordered. :lol:)

My motto:
Never let a Dragon pass by without pulling its tail!
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2006 at 09:34 AM

Do you have OziExplorer? - probably manditory to get in country. We'll all be concerned until we have a trip report.

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
Tomas Tierra
Super Nomad

Mood: Tengo Flojera

[*] posted on 4-14-2006 at 10:41 AM

Neal, that dictionary won't work..You won't believe some of the things you will hear!! It's like being in backwoods Kentucky, but with a slight English twang....
The best book I found to try and figure some of it out is "The best of Aussie slang" by John Blackman.. Good Luck!
Have a great trip m m m m m mate!

Also, wait until you see some of the Toyotas over there!! We could learn a little..
Tomas Tierra
Super Nomad

Mood: Tengo Flojera

[*] posted on 4-14-2006 at 10:44 AM

OOps.... Sorry for the Hi jack Bernie..Welcome back!! Couldn't imagine a week without this place....I'm truly addicted (just ask my Wife!)
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2006 at 10:55 AM

Hola Bernie!

Glad you are back, it would be hard to have a week without Nomads to make you laugh or scream!;Dwell, mostly smile or:lol::lol:

Judy, some day I'll tell you a sad sponge/stamp story-- it's WAY off topic...
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 4-14-2006 at 02:16 PM
It is the spelling...

Bernie,
The real reason Doug shut you off is your spelling.
You can shudder
You can stutter
You cannot shutter.....
Now about that unused dictionary.......

(just kidding, folks, Bernie and I have a thing about the English language and how to misapply it)

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.