Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Patriotism
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2003 at 10:57 PM
Patriotism

Q and A board right ? If those of you who accuse me of being anti american in my posts are so Patriotic, why do you spend most of your time dealing with Message Boards supposedly dealing with Mexico, writing stories of your vacations in Mexico, and focusing a good portion of your attention on Baja, Mexico ?
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 11-14-2003 at 10:11 AM
Time

I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't spend "most of my time" on this board
or on ANYTHING relating to Baja, except when I'm actually there, of course.
When I'm home in El Norte, I usually average less than 30 minutes daily on the
Internet dealing with many different subjects. Most of my Internet time is spent
ordering from various vendors. When in Baja 3 weeks + each month, I don't spend
one minute online. You're assigning far too much importance to this forum.
It's nothing more than a relaxation break. For actual info on Baja related items,
Fred Metcalf's board has become the choice. As far as patriotism goes, if you
disagree with my views, you might not be unpatriotic, simply wrong. Of course, I
agree with a guest who I heard one night on Hannity & Colmes who, when asked what
her greatest wish would be, replied that she would awake one morning to find that
every LIBERAL Democrat had disappeared from the face of the earth. Just a little
wishful fantasy.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2003 at 12:38 PM

J. R. I am not sure if I should even Post as most everone knows "Where I stand" but you have brought a good Subject"Patriotism"
As far as Sending a lot of time on the Board it is the People who make it interesting as somertime the days are long when your get older.

J.R.Tere is no doubt that you are not Patroitic.but to me this is the Greatest Country in the World in Spite of its many Faults Which I happen to think were brought on by the Libral Left and there "If it feels Goog Do It" culture.
I went through World War 2 as a youngester with Shoe and Sugar rationing, Dirt Poor on a little farm in Texas,
I w ent to school and ended up Volunteering for a 4 years stint in the U,S. Navy which after Service in Korea sent me to the Unuversity and gave me $120.00 a month to get an education.

Yes I am Patriotic am Proud to be an American.I would hope that all those people who are so weakened by their Dope and Boose and Leftist ideas would go to another Country. We would be better off and so would they.!!
I lived in Loreto for many years and met some very Patriotic Mexicanos.After telling you that all the Ex Presidentes are Crooks will stand up for their county.
Who do you see spouting off about and against the War. Just look and listen to them.They are the extreme Left who have been brain washed by the Libral Leftist Profs.they could not give you a Fact if it Killed them they only know word and phases that cover up or Spin the issue.
Is that why you Hate America and its system so much.

But thank goodness there is a change starting At the University of Texas and several other Campuses and I would suggest that you will see more people on this Board who will be happy and can spend more time in Baja.

Skeet/Loreto
Baja Red
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2003 at 12:43 PM
Baja Lover

Ski...Your views do not effect my love for Baja one way or the other. I don't know if you are anti-American or not and I don't have an opinion about your post. Everyone is intitled to his or her opinion. I just like getting valuable info from experienced Baja travelers. I really don't pay to much attention to all of the political part of this board. My Father in law crashed his airplane and died in Baja about 12 years ago. He introduced me to this beautiful place before he died. He taught me to have respect for the peninsula. He taught me to not over-fish, pick up your trash and do not pee on someone elses property!! I still live by his beliefs today. I Love the good ol' USA. It gives me the freedom to travel and Love other places on this earth like Baja.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2003 at 01:23 PM

I love the U.S. and Mexico and I'm not a government hater. I spend time on the boards to find out whats going on in Baja. I'm always interested in why someone feels different about things than I, what brought them to that position. I also find that many people can't really explain their extreme postion, like why do you hate GW Bush. To me, hate is a pretty extreme feeling. Whether it was the war or becoming president or getting his tax cut done. What would they do if they were cut off in traffic, kill?

[Edited on 11-14-2003 by TW]
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2003 at 10:07 PM
Wars

I don't believe in war's. Especially lieing about the reasons for them, which there is none. If somebody messes with me, they get it right now. I don't drag it out, talk do-do behind their backs or any of what george is doing.
But, that is just the tip of the iceberg.
Same applies to everything. I try to deal with issues, especially when I see the potential of Baja getting intercoursed up by "Outsiders" with money, wherever they are from.
FrankO
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2003 at 07:00 PM

I haven't been here for a few days. This is just some time spent while my wife sleeps and nourishes our growing baby. My REAL issue is grammar. Is "war's" really meant to be possesive:P?
Una otra pregunta: who flocking cares?
I go to baja to be alone with my very close friends and family. Of course, I do that here stateside as well. There is some very wide-open land in this hemisphere.
Frank
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2003 at 07:56 PM

I love the U.S. and Mexico, i just hate their goverments.:biggrin:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.