Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Mellow Mexican Eggs
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2006 at 01:40 PM

Quote:

We had a rooster for a while but he was no gentleman.Now we have a rooster "pin-up" on the wall of the coop !

They are happy !

If your chickens are friendly and sit when you approach, you can hold and squeeze them towards their rear ends and they love it. They get all fluffed up and strut around looking for a cigarette !

Diver, just be careful! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 4-20-2006 at 02:44 PM

The egg pot is a titanium camping pot.

that must be costly:lol::lol::lol:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2006 at 03:14 PM

No, but that did happen to friend's wife. After the change, she came home with a new girlfriend and made him fly the coop !! :o:(
RonnieRockCod
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2006 at 05:09 PM
How to peel a hard cooked egg.

After removing the egg from the boiling water plunge it into a bowl containg ice cubes and water. Make a small hole in the narrow end. Then follow the instructions Marie "Slim" Browning (Lauren Bacall) gave Harry "Steve" Morgan (Humphrey Bogart) on how to whistle in "To Have and Have Not" "You know how to whistle, don't you Steve? You just put your lips together and blow." Do that to the little end and the egg will peel easily. RRC
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2006 at 05:54 PM

It's...........

Billary!!....

and I thinks she's a good egg!*

*not intended to open discussion on any topic otherr than opening eggs!!

[Edited on 4-21-2006 by Paula]
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-21-2006 at 10:46 AM

Cool! I' ve been wondering about bucky-balls. Can you tell what applications are in store for the substance.

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
calacowboy
Junior Nomad

Mood: wondering....

[*] posted on 4-21-2006 at 01:06 PM

You guys almost have it right..................

Ancient Chinese secret of peeling an egg.

#1: Start with a chicken egg of course.
#2: Boil for 10 minutes exactly, nothing more and nothing less
#3: Rinse under cold water until the shell is nice and cool.
#4: Place egg on counter top.
#5: Take one step back and make sure that your arms are extended above the egg.
#6: Get a comfortable, firm grasp of the egg.
#7: Gently tap egg on counter top with it still in your palm.
#8: Apply moderate pressure in order to expand the existing cracks.
#9: Continue with rolling action until the shell is cracked around it's circumference.
#10: Pick up egg with your left hand and with your right inner thumb, gently apply a pushing motion to slide shell fragments off.

How to peel a hard cooked egg.

After removing the egg from the boiling water plunge it into a bowl containg ice cubes and water. Make a small hole in the narrow end. Then follow the instructions Marie "Slim" Browning (Lauren Bacall) gave Harry "Steve" Morgan (Humphrey Bogart) on how to whistle in "To Have and Have Not" "You know how to whistle, don't you Steve? You just put your lips together and blow." Do that to the little end and the egg will peel easily. RRC

Poke a hole in the small end before boiling, it lets all the air out while egg is cooking, it will then peel very easily.

Farmer Rick:lol:
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-21-2006 at 01:19 PM
The Legend of Buster and Bonni

Peeling eggs has always been a hit or miss thing for me.
But eating a fresh egg that my buddy, Bonni, has just laid is heaven. I can fit 4 into a large frying pan because they hold together so well. I just wish that Gimpy would start laying. Buster bothers her to death( I now understand all the jokes about c-cks(birds, that is)) And Mangler is too beat up to help her. The water hose helps;)
So are you guys saying that I should not refrigerate my eggs?

Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-21-2006 at 01:39 PM

That, would not be my inclination.:D

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Oso
Ultra Nomad

Mood: wait and see

[*] posted on 4-21-2006 at 07:13 PM

John the farmer was in the fertilized egg business. He had several hundred young layers (hens, called pullets) and eight or ten roosters, whose job was to fertilize the eggs. The farmer kept records and any rooster that didn't perform went into the soup pot and was replaced.

That took an awful lot of his time so he bought a set of tiny bells and attached them to his roosters. Each bell had a different tone so John could tell from a distance, which rooster was performing. Now he could sit on the porch and fill out an efficiency report simply by listening to the bells.

The farmer's favorite rooster was old Butch, a very fine specimen he was too.

But on this particular morning John noticed old Butch's bell hadn't rung at all! John went to investigate. The other roosters were chasing pullets, bells-a-ringing. The pullets, hearing the roosters coming, would run for cover.

But to Farmer John's amazement, Butch had his bell in his beak, so it couldn't ring. He'd sneak up on a pullet, do his job and sneak on to the next one. John was so proud of Butch, he entered him in the county fair and Butch became an overnight sensation among the judges.

The result...The judges not only awarded Butch the "No Bell Piece Prize" but they also awarded him the "Pulletsurprise" as well.

Clearly Butch was a politician in the making. Who else but a politician could figure out how to win two of the most highly coveted awards on our planet by being the best at sneaking up on the populace and screwing them when they weren't paying attention?

All my childhood I wanted to be older. Now I\'m older and this chitn sucks.
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-21-2006 at 09:22 PM

I think Butch would be very good with some Hellman's mayonaise.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.