BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Pyramid Resort Book signing and Wine tasting and Tequila tasting update
Keri
Super Nomad

Mood: muy contento

[*] posted on 4-29-2006 at 11:38 AM
Pyramid Resort Book signing and Wine tasting and Tequila tasting update

Boy o boy are we going to have fun. Along with our wonderful Authors we have some great entertainment this year. We have a Dance group coming at 2:00 pm for an exhibition. Salzambra and Los Raqueteros del Solar under the direction of Marie Carmen. They do Salsa, Samba, Flamenco, Cha Cha and others. Please try to be there so you can enjoy them. We also have music by " The Damn Band". They should keep us movin' for the day AND we have 3 great wineries coming, Vinisterra, Domecq and La Casa de Dona Lupe. Dona Lupe makes organic wine. I'm sure you will enjoy them all. You are all invited to join in the festivities at Pyramid Resort at Plaza del Mar Km57 1/2 on the free road. May 6th from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm. For all Nomads that would like, there is a potluck dinner and a tequila tasting after the event. If you wish to join in the fun bring a dish to share with a group of people and your favorite bottle of Tequila. our own Nomad Georock will be doing the Tequila tasting again. I'm so glad to have here with us. Okay, SAre we having fun yet? Don't miss out. See you there, May 6th,k :tumble::bounce::spingrin:;):yes:

[Edited on 4-29-2006 by Keri]

[Edited on 5-4-2006 by Keri]

http://www.pyramidresort.com
011521-646-119-9445
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 4-29-2006 at 03:11 PM

I hope to be there

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 4-29-2006 at 04:04 PM
Hey! Bruce

Look forward to meeting you in the flesh.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
BajaRob
Senior Nomad

Mood: Life is good

[*] posted on 4-30-2006 at 07:41 AM

We and our Conmemorativo will be there. Thanks for the heads up on La Salina Keri.
MICK
Nomad

Mood: livin the good life on the river

[*] posted on 4-30-2006 at 07:46 AM

Can't wait to meet everyone

Getting there is ALL the fun!
Ok being here is fun to
Cyndarouh
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-1-2006 at 05:19 PM

Wow, dancers this year. How Fun! For those of you that have not been to the Pyramid Resort, stop in check out the beutiful views. This is a really fun event. See you all Sat.
BajaGeoff
Super Nomad

Mood: Heading To Baja!!!

[*] posted on 5-3-2006 at 11:03 AM

Looking forward to it Keri! Count us in on the pot luck too!

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-3-2006 at 07:33 PM

Sounds good Keri... Baja Angel and I will be there...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

jeans
Super Nomad

Mood: Encantada

[*] posted on 5-3-2006 at 09:03 PM

I went to Beverages & More (BevMo) in Mission Valley and they had a gazillion different types of Tequila (OK...maybe 60) but it was an impressive display. Prices ranged from $7 to $225.

The Tequila tasting event has been fun in the past...more as a spectator sport than anything for me since I don't care for straight tequila.

For those who are coming for the first time, the tasting is open to anyone who brings a bottle of Tequila...preferably in a plain brown bag so the rest of the group doesn't know what is being served. Georock is the ringmaster and in charge of numbering the bottles and making sure there are no duplicates.

She brings a bunch of little paper cups and numbers them. Then we pour the tequila into the little cups and line them up. (I expect this sentence to prompt DK to post a picture).

Then we all taste and vote for our favorite. One year my rot-gut tequila....that I paid $1.75 for, came in second favorite...
so you can see we are all very discriminating tasters.

It would be very considerate.... for the pure sake of education....if someone were to bring one of the $225 bottles. Education is a good thing.:yes::yes:

Mom always told me to be different - Now she says...Not THAT different
GeoRock
Nomad

Mood: Always have one

[*] posted on 5-4-2006 at 06:23 AM

Hey Keri, I'll be on the road tomorrow morn (early Friday May 5th) to head from my mountain paradise of Mammoth Lakes south to the second place on earth that has my heart. It's been a stellar winter. Even as I glance out the window, there are still mounds of snow as high as ten feet. Mammoth Mountain will be open for skiing through July 4th. Skiers will share runs with mountain bikers, side by side. The mountain employees plow half of some of the runs to accomodate the bikers.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again, tasting some fine wines, watching the entertainment you have lined up, the great potluck, and of course, the tequila tasting.

TEQUILA TASTING
There is no fee other than I ask you bring a bottle of tequila to participate. We've had bottles range from $1.50 to $100. It is a lot of fun and is amazing how varied are tequila flavors. Be sure to join us in the evening for a great time!

http://reinventmyself.isagenix.com
For rapid weight loss; building of lean muscle for athletes; and overall improved health through nutritional cleansing.
BCSTech
Senior Nomad

Mood: Carpe Manana

[*] posted on 5-4-2006 at 06:27 AM

Pyramid Resort Book signing and Wine tasting.
-------------------------------
Do the wineries donate their wines for this event or is it a paid affair?

Alan Thompson

El Dorado Networks

News For The Left Coast of Baja:
The Baja Western Onion
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2006 at 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jeans
I went to Beverages & More (BevMo) in Mission Valley and they had a gazillion different types of Tequila (OK...maybe 60) but it was an impressive display. Prices ranged from $7 to $225.

The Tequila tasting event has been fun in the past...more as a spectator sport than anything for me since I don't care for straight tequila.

For those who are coming for the first time, the tasting is open to anyone who brings a bottle of Tequila...preferably in a plain brown bag so the rest of the group doesn't know what is being served. Georock is the ringmaster and in charge of numbering the bottles and making sure there are no duplicates.

She brings a bunch of little paper cups and numbers them. Then we pour the tequila into the little cups and line them up. (I expect this sentence to prompt DK to post a picture).

Then we all taste and vote for our favorite. One year my rot-gut tequila....that I paid $1.75 for, came in second favorite...
so you can see we are all very discriminating tasters.

It would be very considerate.... for the pure sake of education....if someone were to bring one of the $225 bottles. Education is a good thing.:yes::yes:

Here's elgatoloco showing us how to properly sample tequila (Baja Barb and Geo Rock looking)...

The sample cups and several bottles... Gran Centenario won that year ('04)...

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

GeoRock
Nomad

Mood: Always have one

[*] posted on 5-4-2006 at 01:23 PM

Ah, so much tequila and so little time!!!

http://reinventmyself.isagenix.com
For rapid weight loss; building of lean muscle for athletes; and overall improved health through nutritional cleansing.
Keri
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2006 at 06:01 PM
The event is free to everyone

the wines ,all the music and dancers and the doorprizes are all donated, as is the time from all the helpers,k:tumble::bounce::spingrin::yes::yes:

011521-646-119-9445
BCSTech
Senior Nomad

Mood: Carpe Manana

[*] posted on 5-4-2006 at 06:36 PM

Is this a benefit?

Alan Thompson

El Dorado Networks

News For The Left Coast of Baja:
The Baja Western Onion
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2006 at 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Here's elgatoloco showing us how to properly sample tequila (Baja Barb and Geo Rock looking)...

Acceptable but not proper.

I would suggest a rolled up 1000 peso note.

(But only for the good stuff. Use a corn tortilla for the joven.)

Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 5-4-2006 at 07:21 PM
Dave

Sorry,
That is a different game altogether.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Keri
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2006 at 07:29 PM
We are collecting donations

for Cyndarouh's Spay and Neuter Clinic and we are collecting for a dinner for a young marine and his wife for a send off dinner because he is being deployed(hope that is the right word) but a benefit, no.. not yet. It is a day to spend with friends new and old, k:yes:

[Edited on 5-5-2006 by Keri]

[Edited on 5-5-2006 by Keri]

011521-646-119-9445
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 5-4-2006 at 09:50 PM

I'll see you there, Keri. Here is one of my recent photographs so you will spot me a mile away! See you Saturday afternoon! Thanks again!

Me:

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2006 at 08:06 AM

Ken, you crack me up... :lol::yes:

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.