1. If you migrate to this county, you must speak the native language

2. You have to be a professional or an investor. No unskilled
workers allowed.

3. There will be no special bilingual programs in the schools, no
special ballots for elections, all government business will be conducted
in our language.
4. Foreigners will NOT have the right to vote no matter how long they
are here.

5 Foreigners will NEVER be able to hold political office.

6. Foreigners will not be a burden to the taxpayers. No welfare, no
food stamps, no health care, or other government assistance programs.

7. Foreigners can invest in this country, but it must be an amount
equal to 40,000 times the daily minimum wage.

8. If foreigners do come and want to buy land that will be okay, BUT
options will be restricted. You are not allowed waterfront property. That
is reserved for citizens naturally born into this country.

9. Foreigners may not protest; no demonstrations, no waving a foreign
flag, no political organizing, no bad-mouthing our president or his
policies, if you do you will be sent home.

10. If you do come to this country illegally, you will be hunted down
and sent straight to jail.

Harsh, you say? The above laws happen to be the immigration laws of Mexico!
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2006 at 07:20 AM

The bible says that you can kill your wife if she cheats on you, lets not take things literally, most of the stuff you posted is never enforced, and a few are simply not true.
bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2006 at 07:41 AM

I spent the better part of five years as an undocumented alien in Mexico, and nobody hunted me down and sent me straight to jail.

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain
Oso
Ultra Nomad

Mood: wait and see

[*] posted on 5-4-2006 at 07:53 AM

The native language of MY "county" [sic] ain't all thet easy to git right.:lol:

All my childhood I wanted to be older. Now I\'m older and this chitn sucks.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 5-4-2006 at 08:16 AM
Economic Benefit

Bajalera was "safe" as an undocumented alien in Mexico because there is no question that the vast majority (99 percent +) of the Gringos coming to Mexico are an economic net benefit to the country. The reverse is NOT the case. U.S. and other citizens were at one time the number one source of revenue in Baja California, accounting for over 70 percent of all income. Whether or not that is still true, I don't know, but it's still up near the top.

As far as being "undocumented", the first time it was made known to me that we were being required to register, I did so within the 60 days requested. I would be surprised if the illegals in the U.S. would do the same. In fact, I would be willing to bet my pension on it.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 5-4-2006 at 08:41 AM
It is a fact----------

------------that there are hundreds of "laws" on both sides of the border that are not routinely enforced. But, they are there---on the books----and IF there is a problem then they can be enforced, depending on the priorities set by the legislatures.

The point being, the various applicable legislatures set the priorities, and law enforcement follows those priorities, more or less, depending on how best to accomplish the task, and staying within budgets. This is probably how it should be, I believe.

We obviously have a border security problem in this country, and the existing laws applicable NEED TO BE PRIORITISED, AND ENFORCED, with the funding required provided------and that is the Administrations and Congress's responsibility, as well as the States, Counties, and Municipalities governing bodies.

Where there are loop-holes, then laws need to be promulgated, or changed, to plug those holes.

It all seems pretty simple, to me.

Now, get it done!!!!!
bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2006 at 02:37 PM

So, MrBM, everyone thought I was rich? Once again, you've gone and made me giggle.

My three children and I were stranded in La Paz with insufficient and unreliable funds, living on the same level as our economically deprived Mexican neighbors--and I mean POOR. My presence was tolerated because the road was a struggle in those days, the Migra jefe was a kindly, underestanding person who was willing to make exceptions, I didn't cause any problems, and deporting me would have meant I could never return to Mexico.

[Edited on 5-6-2006 by bajalera]

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 5-4-2006 at 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pescador
You must READ the last line ......

1. If you migrate to this county, you must speak the native language

2. You have to be a professional or an investor. No unskilled
workers allowed.

3. There will be no special bilingual programs in the schools, no
special ballots for elections, all government business will be conducted
in our language.
4. Foreigners will NOT have the right to vote no matter how long they
are here.

5 Foreigners will NEVER be able to hold political office.

6. Foreigners will not be a burden to the taxpayers. No welfare, no
food stamps, no health care, or other government assistance programs.

7. Foreigners can invest in this country, but it must be an amount
equal to 40,000 times the daily minimum wage.

8. If foreigners do come and want to buy land that will be okay, BUT
options will be restricted. You are not allowed waterfront property. That
is reserved for citizens naturally born into this country.

9. Foreigners may not protest; no demonstrations, no waving a foreign
flag, no political organizing, no bad-mouthing our president or his
policies, if you do you will be sent home.

10. If you do come to this country illegally, you will be hunted down
and sent straight to jail.

Harsh, you say? The above laws happen to be the immigration laws of Mexico!

See you've been listening to that drugged up windbag Limbaugh. Kind of quoting him literally.:P:P:P:P
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2006 at 04:02 PM
"drugged up windbag, Limbaugh"??????

Vandenberg----------so, let me see if I get this right------a radio talk show host that "talks" for a living, and that admitted to taking prescription pain killers, possibly obtained illegally (but never proven) is, in your mind, a "drugged up windbag"?:lol:

I don't think this does your credibility any good, but maybe I am wrong.:no:
comitan
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2006 at 04:46 PM

Maybe:saint::saint::saint::fire::fire::fire::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2006 at 05:00 PM

Americans need to understand the contex in wich our constitution was created. When our constitution was created, we had already been invaded by spaniards, americans, and even the french. Back in those days, even a small quantity of foreigners, specially europeans, was enough to cause some serious pain to our nation, so our constitution reflects that fear we had towards europeans. In other words, we where nice towards foreigners, and almost in all ocassions, we got screwed, so its a very realistic thing to expect fear from past behaviors.

Until very recently, our constitution was virtually never ammended, even do we know theres plenty in there thats outdated, and not realistic. For example, until last year, we still had the death penalty in our constitution, even do the state had stopped executing people for almost 5 decades, and it took a lot of time and effort to actually change that particular law in wich virtually all Mexicans agree with that it needed to be abolished.

I hope that people think twice about using our outdated constitution to try to defend their points of view, our constitution was created after several invasions, loss of massive territory, and it does not reflect in any way the moder mexican mentality towards immigrants.

By the way, foreigners do

Vote
Live here without speaking spanish
Live here without investing a dime
Own most of the coast
Live here without ever having to be stopped at the parking lot of their local grocery store to show proof of citizenship
Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2006 at 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
Vandenberg----------so, let me see if I get this right------a radio talk show host that "talks" for a living, and that admitted to taking prescription pain killers, possibly obtained illegally (but never proven) is, in your mind, a "drugged up windbag"?:lol:

I don't think this does your credibility any good, but maybe I am wrong.:no:

"Drugged up windbag" sounds about right to me. :biggrin:
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2006 at 07:21 PM

Rush just got busted again for using numerous prescriptions from different doctors to amass 2000 pills, oxycontin I think. So we can assume that rehab didn't work, and he is indeed a "drugged up windbag".
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 5-4-2006 at 08:06 PM
Jesse, Jesse,

You had me going along with you on most of your post and I agree that most of the things in your Constitiution are based on a collective fear that you will lose even more land to foreigners---But sadly you then said, "I hope that people think twice about using our outdated constitution to try to defend their points of view, our constitution was created after several invasions, loss of massive territory, and it does not reflect in any way the moder mexican mentality towards immigrants."

Jesse you just used that outdated Contstiution to defend your position--You can't have it both ways.

Where can I vote in Mexico

I can live without speaking Spanish as long as I don't mind being taken advantage of by the propane guy, the ttrash guy, the septic pumper, even the cops when they come by with their hands out for money because they drive by once a week, the security guard, etc

Live without investing a dime--who buys our houses for us--a real joke

Own most of the coast--talk to Salsaedo, Ruffo, and a bunch of these politicos--we can't own and many-many of us have been tossed out when the eljidos stick their hands in our pockets

I have been stopped more that once at the Palacio in Rosarito just because of my vehicle license---Talk to the surfers about this one

Jesse--most Americans in positions of power (cops) as well as hosptials, welfare, landlords, etc are not allowed by law to ask for proof of citizenship.

AS I have said elsewhere I have had a friend kicked across the border after the Mexicans shoved his house trailer off a cliff, stole all of his equipment and then filed complaints against him because he worked on his own, leased property. He lost his property when he appeared in court and was told that 'only Spanish would be spoken because it was the official language--No offer of a translator.

Another was repairing his roof after a heavy rain (he was an ass) and his Mexicans friends complained to the Delagado and the cops, cuffed him and dumped him across the border. By the time he returned there was not much left of his possessions.

Okay, Jesse, please tell us what the 'modern' Mexican view of immigrants is. Please think Chipas as you form your answer--and think of the dark skinned Mexican who was recently killed because of the color of his skin in the Mexico City area. He didn't even have a chance to produce his papers.

There are many things about the Mexican culture that I dearly love. But sady, I know far too much of the reality surrounding Mexico.

Let's just be honest with each other--there are far to many folks on both sides of the issue who use only emotion to reach conclusions that are more often that not unfounded.

Just noticed you said many invasions--I only know of two--Spanish and American (after Santa Ana murdered over 400 prisoners who had surrendered---so easy to kill defenseless souls after they lay down their arms. What were the several others??????

[Edited on 5-5-2006 by Baja Bernie]

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
comitan
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2006 at 08:22 PM

Bernie

If you follow the laws of Mexico you will never have any trouble, its the people that don't follow the laws that get abused and kiicked out of Mexico. And you can work on your own property I have been doing it for the last 11 years along with everyone I know, but I did ask at Immagration and they confirmed you can work on your own property. I don't think that you really care that much about Mexico as you say you do, or you wouldn't be so down on it.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2006 at 08:53 PM
Paula, Paula, Paula--------------

----------Rush did not get busted for a "new" crime--------this is all stemming from the original alledged crime some 3 years ago, or whenever. He was not arrested----he came in when he heard that there was to be an arrest warrant issued for him. He is a high-profile person that some seem to "hate".

He has NEVER been convicted of anything illegal, but he has admitted to being addicted to prescription "pain pills". It is still not clear where, or how he got them, and no allegations have been proven against him. He has never admitted any guilt, other than the addiction, to the best of my knowledge.

Geeeeze!!!!! (and I don't even listen to him)
DavidT
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2006 at 09:17 PM

http://fredoneverything.net/FOE_Frame_Column.htm

Read "Mexican immigration law"

[Edited on 5-5-2006 by DavidT]

David
Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2006 at 09:35 PM

Quote:
Where can I vote in Mexico

Get naturalized, and you will vote along with hundreds of thousands of other immigrants.

Quote:
I can live without speaking Spanish as long as I don't mind being taken advantage of by the propane guy, the ttrash guy, the septic pumper, even the cops when they come by with their hands out for money because they drive by once a week, the security guard, etc

Thats your problem, its the same here, in China, or anywhere in the world.

Quote:

Live without investing a dime--who buys our houses for us--a real joke
Far from a joke, theres thousands of americans who live here, work here, and don't have money to invest, visit cabo and you will know what i mean.

Quote:

Own most of the coast--talk to Salsaedo, Ruffo, and a bunch of these politicos--we can't own and many-many of us have been tossed out when the eljidos stick their hands in our pockets
Those do own large areas of land, but lets be real Bernie, who lives in most of the corridor from Playas to Ensenada? who owns most of the beachfront real estate from Todos santos all the way around to La paz? and if you get tossed out of an ejido, its because you didnt do your homework.

Quote:

Jesse--most Americans in positions of power (cops) as well as hosptials, welfare, landlords, etc are not allowed by law to ask for proof of citizenship.

By law my nation doesn't execute people Bernie, theres plenty of rights and wrongs everywhere.

Quote:

AS I have said elsewhere I have had a friend kicked across the border after the Mexicans shoved his house trailer off a cliff, stole all of his equipment and then filed complaints against him because he worked on his own, leased property. He lost his property when he appeared in court and was told that 'only Spanish would be spoken because it was the official language--No offer of a translator.

And i know foreigners that are doing well, making money, and are well liked and respected by the local community, maybe your friend didnt live in the right part of town, or wasnt a very nice person.

Quote:

Another was repairing his roof after a heavy rain (he was an burro) and his Mexicans friends complained to the Delagado and the cops, cuffed him and dumped him across the border. By the time he returned there was not much left of his possessions.
A legal migrant worker got beat up and shot repeatedly with BB guns by a gang of highschool white americans in san Diego a while ago, do i complain that americans are this or that because of that? whats your point Bernie?

Quote:

There are many things about the Mexican culture that I dearly love. But sady, I know far too much of the reality surrounding Mexico.

Then this is the wrong website for you Bernie, i am sure the minutemen and other people would love to hear your stories, this website is for people that love Baja, and for those of us Mexicans that enjoy the frienship of foreigners from all parts of the world, i really don't see the point of going to a website of Baja lovers to vent your feelings about the locals.

I like you, but lately, it seems you have become more and more interested in making everybody aware of the bad things that happen in Mexico. Whats going on Bernie?
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2006 at 09:25 AM

Gentlemen and Scholars:
I started going to Baja Sur in 1968. I suggest to you that you must be at least 2 Hundred miles below the Border before you find the Real Mexico.
My Best Friend, and still my Best Friend is Alvaro Muillo Romero, born into a family of 13 at San Nicholas. His Father, Avail was given the Land for he Service in the War.
There are no finer people anywhere in the World that I have Traveled.
I lived and worked in Loreto for many years and the worst people I meant were{2} Americans!

Virgiia and I were accepted into the Community and Virginia only remembers one time being Descrimnated aganist -That was in the Line
for Tortillas.
The Doctors in Villa Saved Virgina's" Life' with their Compassion and quick WorK.
If a man is Hungry, he will find food, even if he has to steal it.
I do not blame anyone but maybe some of you should be in a Position of Hunger and see just how you will react.
I found out early in Life as a Hobo that it "Gets cold under the Bridge"

I was taught at an early age not to"Lie, Cheat nor Steal. that has carried me through to the Present Day.

So the Point is for you Northern Baja folks to come down south and see how the other Half Lives, eats, and die!!

There is still only one answer to this Problem;
Built and Electronic Fence. Stop the Flow of Criminals{Both Ways}

Treat the remaining people with Dignity and Respect.

Try to get the culture on both sides back to the days of "A Man's Word is His bond". His Handshake is His Word.
Stop beleiving everything you hear on TV and Radio Talk ShowS

Last; I heard that Kennadey was in Trouble:

"Fruit Falls from the Tree"

Skeet/Loreto
Anon the Preacher
Skeeter Peter
Skeet/Texas
Marie-Rose
Senior Nomad

Mood: Worried...

[*] posted on 5-5-2006 at 10:29 AM

Thanks Jesse

That was a great post and much appreciated!
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.