BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: How to pay for traffic Ticket got in TJ
roostermt

[*] posted on 5-5-2006 at 03:04 PM
How to pay for traffic Ticket got in TJ

I received a traffic ticket a year or so in TJ as I was leaving. Cop said I didn't move lanes when he told me.

Said I could pay the ticket when I get home. they would send me the amount.

Well I've sent several letters to the address on the ticket and yet no response.

He did not mark how much to pay in the space provided.

Any suggestion on how to take care of this from the states.

Thanks
Rooster
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2006 at 03:43 PM

I haven't any idea ....but this should be fun to read the advice.....:spingrin:
Oso
Ultra Nomad

Mood: wait and see

[*] posted on 5-5-2006 at 04:34 PM

Let's see, he gave you a ticket and said you could pay it from home and didn't mark how much and you wrote to the judge and have had no response? Hmmmm.

You did not say whether or not he took your license. If so, you can get a duplicate. If not, I would recommend waiting in respectful silence no matter how long it takes.:lol: I would definitely not bother the judge again.:rolleyes:

All my childhood I wanted to be older. Now I\'m older and this chitn sucks.
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 5-5-2006 at 04:37 PM

Ditto. Leave the Judge alone... :moon:

deltabighat
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2006 at 05:08 PM

I got a speeding ticket in Ensenada on the first day of a five day trip to San Quintin. The cop took my license and told me I could pick my license when I paid my ticket at the police dept. Everyone down there told me to forget picking up my license and paying the ticket and just head for the border because they said we were going to get screwed and pay a bunch of money. On the way out we stopped at the police dept and if they wanted way too much money we were going to say we had to go back to the hotel and get more and then just head for the border and get a new license when I got home. The very nice lady at the police dept had my license and ticket which had the following on it for the fine, $526.00. I exclaimed "five hundred dollars" and she said "no senor, 526 pesos or 52.00 dollars. Then she said if I paid it within the two week period, it would be half that. We paid about 26.00 and I left with my license. Altogether a very pleasant experience except for the ticket.

DBH
Frank
Senior Nomad

Mood: Is it time to leave yet?

[*] posted on 5-5-2006 at 05:19 PM

DBH, I know of a few others that have had that same outcome.
roostermt

[*] posted on 5-5-2006 at 05:26 PM

No he didn't take my license, but wrote down all my info. So I have my license.

Should I be afraid of going back... I don't want to get pulled over or worse fly in and somehow they check and send me to the clink.

What do you think.

Rooster
Dave
Elite Nomad

thumbdown.gif posted on 5-5-2006 at 06:13 PM
Be afraid...Be very afraid

Quote:
Originally posted by roostermt
Should I be afraid of going back

I wouldn't go anywhere near a police station in TJ.

Yesterday, gunmen invaded the UNAM headquarters in Otay, killed two officers and made a clean getaway. What makes this so brazen is that the building is located near a military garrison at the airport.

Odd that this hasn't received any airplay or newsprint in San Diego.

Hacienda (Mexican IRS) is located next door. Maybe they got the address wrong? ;D

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.