BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  
Author: Subject: Baja Rosario Festival 2006...!!!
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2006 at 05:48 AM
La Cuesta la Vibora potential tour

Temporarily I am putting this "tour" idea during the El Rosario Festival on hold.....

Leaving town for a week and when I return I will decide whether or not to work out necessary details......

Guess I got a little too excited and jumped the gun.

John M

[Edited on 6-25-2006 by John M]
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-25-2006 at 09:59 AM

There are a BUNCH of day trip tour possiblities from El Rosario!!!

Just look at the Nomad Baja Trip Reports Forum or my web site to see all the places I have visited in the past since Antonio has invited us to El Rosario!

Antonio asked me to lead another tour for next mont's festival and Surfer Jim requested Las Pintas for this years tour, and I agree that is a great choice.

However, with so many things to see near El Rosario, having John M lead another group of those not interested in Las Pintas or seeking a 4WD trail (Baja Ken, you there?) would be great.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2006 at 11:15 AM

The bad news now is there is also the CORR races in San Diego the same weekend....I missed the last race because of BAJA 500 pre-run.....not to mention the MORE race closer to home.....same weekend !!!....

I need a clone (or two).....:lol:
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2006 at 11:18 PM

Baja Rosario Festival details in Ensenada Gazette... Have a look: http://www.ensenadagazette.com/rosariofest06.html incl. photos)... Here's the text only:

Baja Rosario Festival 2006
text by connie ellig; photos by david hopps & connie ellig
From July 21-23, the town of El Rosario will host Baja Rosario Festival 2006, a celebration of the founding of the first Dominican mission, Nuestra Se?ora del Rosario de Vi?adaco, by Friar Vicente Mora in July of 1774. The three-day event will feature an assortment of cultural, historical, recreational, sporting and family-style activities that start on Friday afternoon and continue through Sunday night. Last year?s festival, the first of its kind in El Rosario, was a remarkable success that involved the participation of the entire town and attracted visitors from San Quint?n, Ensenada, Tijuana, and northern and southern California.
El Rosario is a tranquil fishing and agricultural town in a wide valley located approximately 150 miles south of Ensenada. Even as early as 1855 with only 25 reported inhabitants, El Rosario had become a comfortable resting place with good food and water for travelers who continuously traversed the Baja peninsula from north to south. Before the completion of the paved Transpeninsular Highway linking Tijuana to Cabo San Lucas in 1973, El Rosario was considered the last outpost of civilization in the north. It was here that intrepid wayfarers would stop for gasoline, a report on road conditions, and a bite to eat before they continued their journey further south through the central desert on the grueling dirt road. With its well-deserved reputation for excellent hospitality, El Rosario has played an important role in the history and development of the Baja California peninsula.

El Rosario will continue its tradition of hospitality at Baja Rosario Festival 2006, which will offer history and art expositions, regional foods, rodeos, horse races, a livestock exhibition, carnival rides, guided tours, storytelling around a bonfire, a beauty pageant and nightly fiestas with live norte?o music by Grupo Implacable and the DJ sound of Tijuana?s Disco Hall. One of the highlights is the ?Se?orita Rosario 2006? beauty pageant at the Saturday night fiesta and dance where a half dozen local young ladies from ages 17-23 will vie for the coveted crown and the opportunity to reign over the festival. The winner will receive dinners, clothing and other gifts donated by local businesses as well as an expense-paid trip to Las Vegas, courtesy of Baja Cactus Motel. Last year the venue was filled to near capacity as more than 700 people of all ages and occupations turned out to party and root enthusiastically for their favorite candidates.

Several guided tours will be offered for those who want to explore El Rosario?s natural and historical sites. One is to La Lobera sea lion habitat; another is to the Petrified Forest; the other includes the two Nuestra Se?ora del Rosario de Vi?adaco mission sites, the community museum and the old cemetery. Visitors can hop aboard tour vans ($2dlls. fee per person) that stop at the town?s three motels at designated departure times or caravan in their own vehicle (4x4 is not needed). Event programs with scheduled tours and maps will be available at motels and throughout El Rosario on the weekend of the festival.

Once again the Baja Rosario Festival organizing committee, headed by Antonio Mu?oz, owner of Motel Baja Cactus, has planned a superb program of activities, many of which are free or have a minimal admission charge. For exhibitor information or camping, RV or room reservations at any of El Rosario?s three motels (Baja Cactus, Espinoza?s La Caba?a, Sinahi), contact Antonio Mu?oz, El Rosario tel. (616)165-8850, U.S. cell tel. 619-664-3585, or e-mail For additional general information, contact David Kier, e-mail

Come and celebrate El Rosario?s remarkable past and the new dawn of its future at Baja Rosario Festival 2006!

BAJA ROSARIO FESTIVAL 2006 ACTIVITIES SCHEDULE
Friday, July 21
2pm ? Inauguration of Baja Rosario Festival 2006 by local dignitaries and town elders at the lower of the two Misi?n de Nuestra Se?ora del Rosario de Vi?adaco sites, located in El Rosario de Abajo near the riverbed and the community museum. Free admission.

4-7pm ? Rodeo events (jaripeo) in lower El Rosario de Abajo. Admission: $3dlls.

8-10pm ? Storytelling by town elders around a bonfire on the beach at La Bocana. Free admission.

8pm-2am ? Inaugural fiesta and dance in the big tent next across from the Delegaci?n Municipal and town park. Admission: $5dlls.

Saturday, July 22
4-7pm ? Rodeo events (jaripeo) in lower El Rosario de Abajo. Admission: $3dlls.

8pm-2am ? Fiesta, dance and ?Se?orita Rosario 2006? beauty pageant in the big tent across from the Delegaci?n Municipal and town park. Admission: $6dlls.

Sunday, July 23
Noon ? Antique car parade along the paved main street.

2-5pm ? Horse races (look for turnoff sign on the highway at the southern end of town). Admission $4dlls.

5-7pm ? Rodeo events (jaripeo) in lower El Rosario de Abajo. Admission: $3dlls.

8pm-2am ? Closing fiesta and dance in the big tent next across from the Delegaci?n Municipal and town park. Admission: $5dlls.

Ongoing Activities
? History & Art Expo featuring antiques, photos and memorabilia from El Rosario?s founding families and paintings by local artists in the DIF sal?n next to the office of the Delegaci?n Municipal. Hours: 2-8pm Fri., 10am-8pm Sat. & Sun. Free admission.

? Carnival rides and food booths across from the Delegaci?n Municipal and town park. Hours: 4-10pm Fri., 2-10pm Sat. & Sun.

? Livestock Exhibition next to the carnival rides and big tent across from the Delegaci?n Municipal and town park. Hours: 4-8pm Fri., 10am-8pm Sat. & Sun. Free admission.

[Edited on 6-27-2006 by David K]

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2006 at 05:51 PM

How about all Nomads thinking of going to post here?

Less than 3 weeks away...

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 7-4-2006 at 07:07 PM

If you're looking for confirmation - Michelle and I - along with the three boys (this time) will be there. Jonathan will be with us, Nichole will likely not join us this year. Looks to be (for us) Friday night arrival (earlier if possible), and we'll need to leave sometime Sunday a.m.

We really enjoyed the event, town & people last year, and look forward forward to the weekend in El Rosario again this year.

:smug:

I look forward to meeting any Nomads in attendance there this year. Please make a point of saying hello to us if you're there.

--
Doug

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
bajaandy
Senior Nomad

Mood: Adventurous

[*] posted on 7-4-2006 at 08:47 PM

We'll be there. Looks like we'll have around ten people in our group this year. Planning to arrive Thursday and leave Monday.

subvert the dominant paradigm

"If you travel with a man, you must either fall out with him or make him your good friend."
JBL Noel
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2006 at 04:59 AM
Planning on being there

Hope to arrive mid day Friday & leave Monday

John & Barbara
Bajame
Nomad

Mood: Baja Dreamin

[*] posted on 7-5-2006 at 10:11 AM

Will join you there and want to camp at the beach. Any others planning to camp!

We all want a peaceful world, filled with love and laughter, but we fill ourselves with anger and hate trying to fiqure out how to achive it.
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2006 at 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
I look forward to meeting any Nomads in attendance there this year. Please make a point of saying hello to us if you're there.
Doug

How will we know you ??
Might you be wearing a BajaNomad T-shirt or hat ??? :biggrin:
Bajame
Nomad

Mood: Baja Dreamin

[*] posted on 7-5-2006 at 06:56 PM

My white Suv has Baja stickers all over the back of it. My Son is such a great cook that now I need to spend a few months in Baja to drop the pounds that befriended me lately. Hey let's pick up those name stickers so we can find the new comers and they can find us ! :bounce:

We all want a peaceful world, filled with love and laughter, but we fill ourselves with anger and hate trying to fiqure out how to achive it.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2006 at 08:58 PM

If anyone needs a 'got baja?' sticker to ID themselves as a Nomad, they are free... just email me at 'info AT vivabaja.com' and put got baja? in the subject line!

BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

Mood: Helpful

[*] posted on 7-5-2006 at 11:12 PM
Hey!!!

Hi guys....

I will be there too!!!!.....:lol::lol::lol:

Sorry for not posting earlier... I have been busy making improvements at the BajaCactus Motel and working to make the Baja Rosario Festival 2006 even better than last year.

Two weeks ago we had our kick-off with a local dance and party, where we presented the candidates for the "Senorita Rosario 2006" contest to the town.

This past couple of weeks we have been preparing the promotional printouts for the Festival... along with T-shirts, cups, stickers, and other stuff..

Last year Cindyrough offered to help sending t-shirts over mail, but I was unable to give appropiate support for it... this year... we already have the T-shirts... if anyone is not attending and would like one, I will be happy to send them over mail.

The costs for T-shirts is only $10 dlls... all profits will go to build a nice welcome entrance at the north end of town.

On the other hand, our dear friend Connie Ellig, helped us covering our story at the Baja Times, which appeared in the past 1st of july edition.

You may see it at http://www.bajatimes.com/art14.html or also at the Ensenada Gazzette website:

http://www.ensenadagazette.com and http://www.ensenadagazette.com/rosariofest06.html

We are also expecting to have a bigger and nicer "Art and History Expo", since a lot of the locals families are more excited this year. Also, our local american friend Kim is setting up this expo... and she is GOOD in doing this kind of stuff.

For all our BajaNomad friends... after the side trip which will be lead by our own DavidK... BajaCactus will offer a meal at the BajaCactus Motel... all other nomads camping or with RV's... please join us... it will be a GREAT get together.

What woud you say David.... around 3:00pm... 4:00 pm?.

Doug.... what about a special edition of the T-shirts ONLY for BajaNomad members?... any ideas guys?

I will keep in touch guys...

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Antonio M.
BajaCactus
"Where the Baja is so much more than a dream..."

BajaCactus
"Where Baja is so much more than a dream..."
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-6-2006 at 08:24 AM

Wonderful ideas there Antonio!

4 pm for the Nomad meal, so plenty of time for us to get back from Las Pintas or any other desert outing, plus it will be cooler at 4 than 3 (even though it is never too hot in El Rosario being just 5 miles from the ocean)!

Keep up the great work that you do (don't know how you manage all of it?)!

I plan on taking off Friday morning, so we will arrive much sooner than we did last year.

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 7-10-2006 at 02:45 PM
Camping options

It was actually pretty nice splitting up the camping options between La Bocana and the RV area behind Motel Sinai. If I was coming this year, I'd do both.Saturday night would be the good in-town night.

But I will be on the Kern River that weekend.....literally!
eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2006 at 09:57 AM

definitely gonna try to get down there for a day or two if I can get the time off... would love to hook up with other nomads who are camping at the beach:yes::yes:

Neal Johns
Super Nomad

Mood: In love!

[*] posted on 7-11-2006 at 03:41 PM

I will not be there.:(

My current wife has geezernapped me to attend her family reunion in WA the same date. :mad:

John M is getting me a Tee Shirt, however. Good Dog!

My motto:
Never let a Dragon pass by without pulling its tail!
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2006 at 06:56 PM

I would like to know who (besides Surfer Jim) wants to join in the caravan to Las Pintas Saturday morning???

John M also offered to lead a caravan into the desert beyond the La Vibora grade... great cactus gardens!

Las Pintas photos and details: http://vivabaja.com/pintas

I have good detailed directions in that site if only a couple folks are interested, and I relax in El Rosario instead...

Going with several other Nomads is fun... we have a good time in the Baja desert!

Last years' Baja Nomad caravan (9 vehicles) looked like this: http://vivabaja.com/705

[Edited on 7-12-2006 by David K]

bajaandy
Senior Nomad

Mood: Adventurous

[*] posted on 7-12-2006 at 08:10 AM

Looking forward to the El Rosario Festival! Sounds like it's going to be fun.

Just wanted to let everyone know that we will be going to the beach on Friday in case anyone wants to join us. (But not La Bocana beach... a different beach south of Punta Baja. U2U me if you want to know where.)

Also, I am planning to do a little fishing on Friday or Saturday morning, hopefully with some of the local fisherman. If anyone is interested in getting in on that, U2U me and we will see if we can set something up.

subvert the dominant paradigm

"If you travel with a man, you must either fall out with him or make him your good friend."
JBL Noel
Garry
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2006 at 05:40 PM
Baja July 20-24

Debra, i might be intrested sharing costs an driving, tried u2u but dont know if it went thru
 Pages:  1    3  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.