Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Beach south of Laguna Percebu'
DonBaja
Nomad

Mood: Just Cruzin'

[*] posted on 5-9-2006 at 02:08 PM
Beach south of Laguna Percebu'

Hola Amigos, I am a new member to your forum. I just returned from my first visit to San Felipe. My last visit to Baja was about 15 years ago to San Quentin, I can't belive it has taken me so long to revisit Baja.

My question is about the beaches south of San Felipe. We visited Percebu' and my wife and I fell in love with the beautiful sandy beaches and have decided to start looking for a beach casita. How far south of Percebu' are the beaches sandy before you start getting into rocky beaches?

I was told by a friend that the area of Bahia Santa Maria is very nice and many Gringos live in the area. If anyone has any information to share I would appreciate your opinion.
burro bob
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2006 at 03:12 PM

Welcome DonBaja
There are others that post here that live in the area you are talking about so they could probably give you exact info.
While it does become rockier the further south you go there are small sand beaches in between the rocky sections.
Just drive down the access roads to some of the campos and see what is at the end. Some have beaches, others just enough room to get a panga in and out.
burro bob
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 5-9-2006 at 03:30 PM

Bahia Santa Maria IS nice, but good luck finding a casita unless you want to spend some good money on it. Also, the houses are pretty much stacked one against the other in that area. You will need to go quite a bit further south to find something with more room. Try Los Olivos, about K57 I think.
BajaRob
Senior Nomad

Mood: Life is good

[*] posted on 5-10-2006 at 06:26 AM
Welcome DonBaja

We live in Campo San Carlos @ Bahia Santa Maria for 8 months each year. There is nothing for sale here nor in the adjacent Campos of Hermosa and Mision. Steve and Lori O'Leary are selling their house in Persebu'. There are also several houses for sale to the south of us between La Jolla and Coloradito. The best way to find a home is to drive into each camp, talk to people in the camp, and see what is available. Hope this helps, Rob
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-10-2006 at 07:44 AM

The rocks begin at "Campo La Roca" (just 3/4 mile south of Nuevo Mazatlan)... but as burro bob says, there is sand section between the rocks and above the high tide line. South of Coloradito is is mostly gravel and rocks...

Here is the beach about a mile south of Percebu, on 'Shell Island'...

[Edited on 5-11-2006 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2006 at 09:35 AM
I have a place at Playa Linda...

which is about right in the center of Bahia Santa Maria and the beach there is awesome with plenty of room for everyone...there is a real nice place for sale in our campo and its actually a pretty good deal...u2u me for more info

DonBaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2006 at 10:18 AM

Gracias to everyone that has replied !!!
David K, that is the exact image I have in my head from our recent visit.
eetdrt88, I'll send you a u2u, (we are already almost neighbors, I live in Laguna Hills)
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 5-10-2006 at 11:30 AM
San Felipe Newsletter

Each month, there are numerous classified ads in the San Felipe Newsletter regarding Houses for sale along the coast. The deals appear to be better the farther down the Puertecitos road you go. Given the fact that the road WILL eventually be repaved and Electricity will be extended to Puertecitos in the coming years, that area makes for the best deals.

The Newsletter can be picked up for free at numerous San Felipe merchants or for $2.00 at the publisher's, The Peoples Gallery.
viabaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2006 at 12:06 PM

Don Baja,

There are two houses for sale in Percebu, south section, across the arroyo, up on the hill. Steve & Lori's place is for sale not to far from the Cantina. It's very nice with lots of ammenities. They have it listed on the internet - search for baja houses in Percebu and it should pop up. Santa Maria is nice too - but pricey!
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 5-10-2006 at 12:09 PM
??

Wasn't the title of this query "The Beach South of Percebu" ? The author indicated that he'd already visited Percebu.
viabaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2006 at 12:16 PM

Link to Steve & Lori's place:

http://www.bajaquest.com/re380/photo05.htm

Bill, as you know there is no life south of Percebu!!!
viabaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2006 at 12:26 PM

Opps! Dead link. They may have taken it off for the summer.?

Here is their e-mail:

solarexpress@jetiii.com
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 5-10-2006 at 01:19 PM

Drop in at Coloradito and ask around - I know of at least one trailer on concrete pad with palapa and "extras" for sale. There are homes built there too.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2006 at 06:00 PM

Coloradito also has a 'secret' hot spring when the tide is very low!

Is their web site still working? http://www.baja2000.com

Guess not, takes you to a Tecate house ad!

[Edited on 5-11-2006 by David K]

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2006 at 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by eetdrt88
which is about right in the center of Bahia Santa Maria and the beach there is awesome with plenty of room for everyone...there is a real nice place for sale in our campo and its actually a pretty good deal...u2u me for more info

Like this?:

viabaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2006 at 07:50 PM

David,

Nice pix of Santa Maria (new section) That's a good location to buy as the tides (short of storms) do not get that high. However, in back, the tide covers all. Nice place to own, but pricey. The drawback compared to Percebu is the water must be trucked in by the Maduenos. Percebu is on wells piped into the houses. However, I still like the beach front, which at times is like the Daytona 500. But still nice!
DonBaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2006 at 09:00 PM

When you say "Pricey" what amount of money are we talking about in comparison to Purcebu' ?
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2006 at 09:20 PM

Do any of these campos have space available that one could lease and move in a trailer? Build a pad, pila and fosa?

Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-11-2006 at 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K

Somehow, I KNEW Shell Island would be mentioned here!
Bob H
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-11-2006 at 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob H
Quote:
Originally posted by David K

Somehow, I KNEW Shell Island would be mentioned here!
Bob H

Oh, like this one of you, Shelby and Audrey, on Shell Island (in my truck)?? :lol::light::tumble:

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.