BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: atm machines availability & fees?
tippytoestrish
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2006 at 06:11 PM
atm machines availability & fees?

Especially in Loreto,

I'm sure there is a withdrawl fee...can someone tell me what it is?

What is the daily limit?

How reliable is the machine?

The bank still takes travelers checks to exchange, right?
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 5-10-2006 at 08:39 PM

first check with your own bank -- B of A charges a percentage of what you withdraw PLUS an "international transaction fee" - which last time we were hit with it was $5. If you're going to take out cash, take out as much as you think you need in one shot as opposed to $50 here and $60 there....

Friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel.
Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2006 at 08:42 PM

There are two machines at the bank. Sometimes they run out of cash on weekends, sometimes one won't work, but mot of the time you can get money. Save a stash for emergencies just in case.

They will cash travelers checks I believe (they should, they sell them) but it takes a while, the lines are often long...use the atm.

I don't recall the fee, but I always withdraw the maximum, as it's a flat rate and they charge all cards, even their own.

The maximum is set by your bank, not the atm's bank.
Worldtraveller
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2006 at 10:05 PM

I've seen lack of cash on weekends and also during the week when a charter was in town. Does anyone know if charters are still being operated from Canada?

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Alley
There are two machines at the bank. Sometimes they run out of cash on weekends, sometimes one won't work, but mot of the time you can get money. Save a stash for emergencies just in case.
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-11-2006 at 07:15 AM

All ATM's will dispense the lower of YOUR bank's daily limit, or the ATM bank's daily limit. They are not always the same.

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-11-2006 at 07:18 AM

And, if your password code is more than four digits, you may have a problem.
Bob H
bill erhardt
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-11-2006 at 07:28 AM

Trish.....I use a Bank of America platinum debit card at the atm's in the Bancomer bank in Loreto. Bank of America charges no fee. Bancomer charges a 1% fee on my withdrawals of 5,000 or 10,000 pesos. In four years I have found the atm's without funds maybe twice. There is seldom a line over 5 minutes or so for the atm machines, even when only one is working. There is often a wait of nearly an hour to see a teller inside the bank.
jamesdbeckjr

[*] posted on 5-11-2006 at 07:47 AM
atm fees

On B of A site I found partner bank in Mexico Santander...? Used atm card Jan-Apr in La Paz at one of their branches got best exchange rate and no fees. Check your banks web site and atm location/other areas. Jim

capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-11-2006 at 02:42 PM

Tipsey---The only time the machine is out of money is on payday, the lst and 15th of the month. I have only seen this happen once or twice myself. No big deal and much better than waiting in line in the bank. Also, its air conditioned inside the caja automatica.

If there is no fishing in heaven, I am not going

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.