BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: who is coming to LA Bay for New Years?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-6-2003 at 11:50 PM
Yes!

You bet! Which strip? Next door to Camp Gecko is BLX-South Munoz' Strip at 3,000' + but sandy. But otherwise, there's the paved runways north of town... Just buzz Camp Gecko and one of us crazy gringos will play taxi and come get you, or land at Munoz' and walk over.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Beware of Instant Friends

[*] posted on 12-6-2003 at 11:59 PM

3000'

I have a 182 with a Horton STOL kit. Would you like to meet me at mid runway?

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
You bet! Which strip? Next door to Camp Gecko is BLX-South Munoz' Strip at 3,000' + but sandy. But otherwise, there's the paved runways north of town... Just buzz Camp Gecko and one of us crazy gringos will play taxi and come get you, or land at Munoz' and walk over.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 12-7-2003 at 07:59 AM
Hola BWOIF, saw your note on baja.net

and you're right - just harmless fun....
Glad to meet another baja flyer. be sure and check out the AV section there too.

I'm planning on maybe one night at BOLA on the return from my annual baja XMAS - NY'S trip to mulege. Thats IF my bird is back in the air by then. Need a room though as Doc's full.

BLX - Munoz has very soft sand occaisionally and rutted in places if they haven't run a grader, plus I don't believe its 3000' useable, but with your eq, you should have no problem, just drag it good 1st to check. Jack Mack (el jefe, BBP) was the last i know who landed there in his shrike and you can get real info from him.

Also its private for the homes at the end but think they are cool.
I'll be at the paved one if i make it over, dec 30th or...? send me a PM and we can exchange e mail addys

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 12-7-2003 at 03:30 PM

Hey Mike

Saw your post on Baja.net

Thank god you're still with us....

Lost one of your nine lives?

Just don't off-road in your plane again!!!:lol::lol:
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 12-7-2003 at 03:38 PM

Hey Mike

Saw your post on Baja.net

Thank god you're still with us....

Lost one of your nine lives?

Just don't off-road in your
plane again!!! :lol::lol:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 12-7-2003 at 08:18 PM

My buddy and I are heading down early AM on Dec 27. I'm bringing my girlfriend, her first Baja trip and he is bringing his wife (return trip after a few years). I was able to get a message to Jose at Las Hamacas for reservations and he called me back to confirm our reservation. We'll be cruing the town and nearby dirtroads and trails on motorcycles. I think we'll hit Guillermo's or Casa Diaz for New Year's. See ya there!!
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2003 at 09:05 PM

If we don't run into you in town, come 4 miles south on the San Francisquito road and have a beer or a soda with us at Camp Gecko. The road starts across from the (yellow) Xitlali market. It's wide and washboard but any vehicle can easily make the short trip. Have a good one and write a report when you get home so we can all relive another adventure in Baja California.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2003 at 10:24 PM

Keep in mind the New Year's party at Diaz' is a big outdoor fiesta for the whole town and nearby ranchos. The cultural experience is fantastic... A band comes from Ensenada (I think) to play. There is a pinata party for the kids first... then dancing for the grown ups.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2003 at 05:53 AM
Bob and Susan de Mulege..

Thx for that. yes , i was very lucky...I'll be flying again soon, hopefully by Xmas thru Newyears week. Plane should be repaired and i need the annual 1st too. I'll be posting 2 pictures on baja.net taken right after the event.

\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

4baja
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2003 at 06:52 AM

i checked out the runway last week on my quad and theres a few small ruts in it from the storm but otherwise in good shape. we saw a guy land in 25 knot winds and he did ok. see you all at camp gecko after we surf the pacific side for a few days.:cool:
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2003 at 09:32 AM
Steve, you talking about Munoz, right?

would someone out there be able to objectively walk/drive the runway and give a report on its "useable length"?

That would be the total length of any contiguous portion of it that's not interrupted by major holes, ruts, large rocks etc. nor excessively soft.

Thx - have a good holiday all you headed for BOLA. hope i can show up!

4baja
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2003 at 07:27 AM

yes mike i'm talking about munoz, it looked very landable even tho i am not a pilot.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2003 at 09:49 AM
sounds good....but latest is my plane

will be in the shop for its annual inspection and some general repairs, will have to formulate plan "B"! maybe i'll ride the moto down.

burritomama
Junior Nomad

Mood: asi asi

[*] posted on 12-9-2003 at 11:54 PM

We'll be out at La Gringa with a tiny "Kit" trailer (think teardrop)and kayaks. We drive a Sienna van that now sports both Howard Dean and Dennis Kucinich bumperstickers. (Don't ask and I won't tell.)

I always hope one year to stay awake long enough to go out to Diaz's place but we turn in so early it's never happened. Now as sleep deprived middle-aged parents of a lively babe it's even unlikelier.

Sigh.

4baja
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2003 at 07:22 AM

we'll talk tear drop traillers when i get there as i used to own 3 of them(1943, 46, 52) and the've all been to baja. :lol:
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 12-10-2003 at 08:51 PM
Yes!

I'll be there! With joe and Mike, may be a bit late, working on the house at Santa Maria.:D
marla
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2003 at 05:42 PM

Well David K. you and the kids better be there to show us where the magic rocks are! What is around there that I can talk you guys into showing my friend Laura? She's never been to Baja before but she is an avid camper and nature lover. I hope there will be other kids there for Michael and Sandy to play with.
Burritomama, I definitely want to show the kids the turtles so we will come looking for you. If you're not there we'll keep going up the road till we find you.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2003 at 08:42 PM

Marla, Bahia de L.A. is in the center of the most interesting part of Baja! (Well, central Baja... there are so many interesting places all over Baja)

My trip web pages have lot's of photos of natural and historic places in the area, these are the trip dates (in my web site) and what I recall were photos of, in the L.A. Bay area:

4-01: San Borja mission, Las Tinajitas petroglyphs, the museum, rock palm hill.

7-01: Tinaja de Yubay, lost mission hunt, Las Flores jail house and graves.

12-01: Montevideo Rock Art

4-02: Copper Mine, Las Flores Railroad and Tram line, Bahia San Rafael.

1-03: Punta Candelero (north of Bahia).

4-03: More at the railroad south of Las Flores.

7-03: San Borja and visitas at Santa Ana and San Ignacito.

If you go to my 'Contributed Photos' section click on the Bedman photos, specially the second group.

Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-12-2003 at 12:25 AM
Sorry Marla......

Magic Rock site is secret, If David shows you, both you and he will have to go missing in the desert. :P :o Have him take you and the kids up to the mine.
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 12-12-2003 at 10:30 AM

Well Debra then you better get your ass down to Bahia for New Years and score us some.
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.