Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Please, close the border, send us back the immigrants
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 5-18-2006 at 10:19 PM
Much of what you say is true------------

-------but, the answer is not to let the ILLEGALS keep coming, it is to increase the quota on future LEGALS-----AND GAIN CONTROL OF THE BORDERS!!!!!! Very few advocate actually kicking the illegals out----just stem the tide of them coming IN, and make the ILLEGALS already here EARN their right to be here!!! Why some try to confuse this issue with exagerations is beyond me-----lets just get it done!!!

Without the "rule of law" we are headed downhill, and fast. It is the "rule of Law" that makes us different, don't you know.
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2006 at 11:27 PM
Interesting stance Jesse

now simmer down;)
Quote:

If i want to work for a year or so, i go to the U.S. and work illegaly, if i want to migrate to a better nation, i would go to Canada, Australia, Spain, or other nations that have good economies, life is better, migrants are appreciated, and it takes half the time or less.

Maybe it's attitudes like that that "yanked the chain" so to speak for critics here. I haven't heard so much criticism of the Mexicans in this country until the mass rallies held this month. It sort of seemed like "pie in the eye" to me. I can't grasp the positive message they were trying to send.
As a proponent for a mixed multi-cultural society I take offense to the notion that Canada or the others are better nations to settle down in. Maybe you are right Jesse, but our social and cultural comforts are being rapily absorbed by the new affluent Mexico. To this end many share the same fundamental mindset. Meaning, they have computers, SUVs, homes, businesses, healthy families etc. I believe lacking the U.S. as a neighbor you may have never become a Nomad using a hi-speed connection. :?: Get my drift?
Considering that Mexico has the Worlds' 14th strongest economy leads one to believe that maybe the good place to settle down may be a lot closer than many think.
......Well, maybe if Mexico had a government that was for the people:O

Just cause our gov't gives ourselves continous black-eyes doesn't mean the average American actually endoses their actions,..................no matter what Fox News says.

Are you sure you are aiming your condemnation at the right audience?

When the Mexicans in this country acknowledged and celebrated Moms' Day on May 10th I learned something indeed.
mi casa es su casa but mi dia es no sus dia?

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2006 at 11:43 PM

uhhhh....well....something......um.....happened........ okidoki:rolleyes:

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-19-2006 at 09:00 AM

It appears that Jesse deleted his post, and under the newer format of Doug's forum, all the replies below the original remain up... even though they may make no sense.

The previous format, the entire thread would go away if the 'owner' of the thread (the first post) deleted his post.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 5-19-2006 at 09:03 AM
David-----

------are you saying that my previous post (now the lead post) makes no sense?????

I am deeply offended :lol:
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-19-2006 at 09:45 AM

I wish JESSE hadn't deleted his post (if that is what happened) I would be very interested in his views on this subject (I've never known him rant or be rude, or I might be glad the post was gone.)

JESSE, would you concider putting the post back up?
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 5-19-2006 at 10:33 AM

I also would like to have seen his post, I think we should try to understand his perspective, because he is a very knowledgeable Mexican. I have always been interested in his posts.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-19-2006 at 10:37 AM

comitan, That it was JESSE's post was the only reason I opened it. I don't usually open the Political area at all. Things just seem to get too hot under the collar here for my tastes.
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-19-2006 at 02:26 PM

I made a rather long post about my opinions on the matter, but you know what, i don't want to start a huge argument, i know its a difficult topic and some have a very short fuse. Basically, i think the US needs cheap labor, Mexico has it, and wether we like it or not its the best thing we have. Would you rather see millions of Chinese, Indians, or Turks instead of Mexicans? and would Mexico want to have China, Russia, or Iran right next door?

I think we have a pretty good deal, its not perfect, but its better than the alternatives.

Have a good one folks.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.