Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Amnesty
beercan
Senior Nomad

Mood: happy to be in Baja

[*] posted on 5-22-2006 at 07:08 AM
Got it right !!! Bill

Enforce the current laws and stop the bleeding !!!!

* libs, all about choice until you choose different
* B. Hussein Obama - an Empty Suit for Empty Minds.
* Annoy a liberal - Work hard and be happy!
* Arguing facts & truth to libs is like bringing a warm smile to a gun fight.
* Lets win the War on Terror
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 5-22-2006 at 10:10 AM
Beercan & Mr. Bill-------

--------ABSOLUTELY, enforce the current laws!!!!!!! and CONTROL THE BORDER.

and as for the 12 million, "---------arrest, jail, and deport them------" (?????) as Mr. BillM says?????-----------

Arrest 12 million people?????? Now think about that for a while, and then tell me where we are going to PUT 12 million people even if we string it out over the next 10 years------WE DON'T HAVE ANY PLACE TO PUT THAT MANY FOLKS (this is just one of a number of problems with that idea).

Get real, guys--------we really DO have to deal with these folks, no matter how infuriating it is, and arrest is NOT a viable, workable alternative!

The N-zi's tried that long ago with 1/2 that many folks, and guess what----------it did not work then, and it won't work now. And no, I am not comparing YOU with the N-zi's-----just the historical data from those times applied to todays problems. History IS the best teacher, as Neut G. says.

12 million people------think about that----------it IS a REAL problem!!!!----no matter how much you wish it was not. We simply have waited too long, and the problem will not fade away.

Barry
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 5-22-2006 at 04:57 PM
Barry, Barry, Barry.............

Sometimes it seems like we are talking to a wall.

We don't need a place to jail 12 million or even 1.2 million per year. We arrest at a rate we can handle comfortably, charge them and streamline the deportation process so we can dump them back in Mexico or whatever other country they came from. We CAN do this. It's just a bunch of whiners like yourself that can't face up to the problem and it's usually due to factors other than those you profess.

For you, or anyone else, to draw a parallel with the current ILLEGAL ALIEN problem in the U.S. and that of N-ziGermany is IMBECILIC. Anyone who puts forth such a comparison is simply too stupid to have his or her views considered.

Yes, it has taken a long time for this problem to reach today's levels and, YES, it will take a long time for it to be resolved, but the answer is not to give these people a pass. It is to attack the problem squarely with the viewpoint that these are CRIMINALS who need to be rounded up and dealt with. Once we reach a certain point of control, I have no objections to a rational GUEST-WORKER program that ensures we know where these people are, that we collect the taxes and they LEAVE when they're supposed to.

GET CONTROL.

"AMNESTY by any other name, STINKS all the same".
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2006 at 07:11 PM

Better hope Mexico doesn't do that with the people evading Customs duty.

Same old story, I'll do what I want but YOU have to obey the laws I like,

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2006 at 07:16 PM
Mr. Bill--------

-----Wow!!!! "IMBELICIC"????? and "too stupid", and a "whiner", and resembling a "wall"--------??????

Since I agree with about 95% of what you previously said (insults excluded) I certainly hope that these derogatory statements do not reflect back too badly on you. :lol:

And to think that the ex-Speaker of the House Ginghrich (sp?)must be all these things, too----------now that is something.

You know, now that you have expanded on your ideas, I see more merit to them than I originally thought, but I still do not buy them 100%, but I WILL think about them. It will be hard, tho, as I obviously have some serious mental problems, assuming that your analysis of me is correct.

I have no hidden agenda----what you read from me is what I am thinking-----nothing more----not sure what you were thinking on that one.

It is a shame that we who agree on almost everything can tend to self destruct on issues such as these by hurling insults------it gives me better perspective on where the Republicans (and I am one) are headed with this internal devisiveness, and it does not look promising.

We will have nobody but ourselves to blame if we lose the House and/or the Senate next fall, I am afraid.

Barry
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2006 at 07:26 PM
What generations do.

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto
Somewhere along the Way from the 6o's forward, my Generation failed to instill in our Children, the Morals,Respect for each other that we as Depression Babies had taken for Granted!!
After the "Forgotten War" or "Police Action War" Money and Drugs became the important part of many of our Children"s Life.!
The Mexicanos crossing the Border at that time were looking for a "Better way of Life", The Farmers, Ranchers, Textile Factories were looking to make that money that so many had not Had in the Past!

The Riots in Watts began,Martin Luther King Jr., Chavez, and many others were obtaining Power and Rightfully so!
Parents were spending much of their Time working,not spending time with their Children-The Family unit was breaking down-Drugs and Money replaced Discipline.
I often try to find a Single thing that caused our country to become so Split!

I only come up with our Failures to instill into our children those Values that we had so proudly Held in the Past.
Skeet/Loreto
"In God I Trust"

Quote:

Somewhere along the Way from the 6o's forward, my Generation failed to instill in our Children, the Morals,Respect for each other

Boy, you make it sound like the whole of society has gone down the toilet. Do you say these things to the parents Ivy Leaguers too?
You may be exagerrating your frustration at societys' moral downward trend, but I think blaming drugs is a cop out. Isn't alcohol a drug?
My father smoker reefer with Billie Holiday, served in the Navy and was in the theater of war with Japan. He was a brilliant inventor and phyicist among other attributes. Are you blaming him. Or are you blaming me/us?
I have two honest, well mannered young men.. one who is top of the(entire) class.
Where do you get off telling us our generation failed the kids. Our generat9ion thinks YOUR generations govt failed the people.

I can't believe you don't know why the country divided in the 60s and early 70s. Were you not aware that the bloodshed in Vietnam on the tails of the failed North Korean war produced distrust and fear of where we were headed next? The Cold War and threat of nuclear annihilation prompted a grassroots response.
When the govt went liberal the people were placated. That doesn't necessarily equate to a generation of misfits that you seem to highlight.
Can you blame drugs for Japans changing culture, how about Columbia for that matter. Do we really know?
Granted drugs are a scourge of society but the evolution and continuing changes of any culture weighs heavy with time.
You my friend are acting delusional. You are in the wrong place to spew such directed insults. If you must stereotype our generation please do it in the proper forum with the proper people.
----
"It is to attack the problem squarely with the viewpoint that these are CRIMINALS who need to be rounded up and dealt with."

Are you serious? Would you like domestic chaos? This would do it, and maybe some violence TOO! No?

It goes along with the mindset that drug addicts are criminals too. Yes?

for the record:
Barry.... you're not stupid because you have an opinion.

Todays' Keyword: OPINION !

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2006 at 08:03 PM

MrBill M ; Go back to the Off-Topic Board where you belong!!

I would also suggest that you Post your Resume!

Let us all see your Experiences?? Are you Afraid?

Skeet/Loreto
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2006 at 08:14 PM

Thanks Skeet

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2006 at 08:18 PM
Skeet----Sharks-----

----I hate to be defending Mr. Bill, but I started this "thread", and maybe that was a mistake in this venue, but I thought it would work out----------apparently I was wrong------probably should have been in "off topic", seeing what it has become.

I appreciate your comment, Sharks, reference me.

I also appreciate Skeeter's input as it makes me think and consider another point of view, and I think he posts from his heart.

Isn't that what all this is about???---sharing ideas, and thoughts, and experiences???? if not, then why are we even posting????

Surely it is more than just mental masturbation????
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 5-22-2006 at 08:22 PM

Ok I withdraw my withdrawal. probably should have been in "off topic", seeing what it has become.:light:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2006 at 08:27 PM
I Live and learn, Bruce (I hope)

:lol:
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2006 at 08:30 PM

it just doesn't mater as long as we all can keep our sense of hummer.:lol:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 5-22-2006 at 08:48 PM
Over The Top, Barry

Ok, sometimes (lots of times ?) I get a little wound up when discussing certain subjects and go into Attack Dog mode.

I will acknowledge that most of your comments, Barry, have been thoughtful and, I'm sure, heartfelt. We may agree or disagree on various points of contention regarding the Immigration Resolution. Only time and whatever legislation comes out of Congress will determine the course and who turns out to be correct.

What did get me wound up in this case was the reference to the WWII German "final solution". To inject that horrible evil into this discussion in any way is simply intellectually lazy and dishonest. Good people can disagree, but neither side in this debate should be likened in any fashion to the Nazzis.

Besides, terrible as it was, that "Final Solution" was working out pretty well from Der Fuhrer's point of view. Other events caused them to run out of time. It is, therefore, a defective comparison on its merits.

Skeet-I'm afraid my life experiences would pale in comparison to yours. For that matter, I'm not sure anyone else's experiences could match yours. If True, that is. Given some of your ramblings which indicate obvious age-related dementia, I really don't know what your life has been all about.

"They Don't Make Em Like They Used To, and They Never Did"
Don Meredith.

[Edited on 5-23-2006 by MrBillM]
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2006 at 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce R Leech
it just doesn't mater as long as we all can keep our sense of hummer.:lol:

and that's the best piece of advice all day!

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2006 at 09:20 PM
Mr Bill-----

-------I truly appreciate your comments and, I believe, understand what you say------------and I really do NOT want to butt heads with you----it simply is not productive.

Now, having said that-------:saint:

But the ref. to WWII, AS I CLEARLY STATED, was in historical context, NOT a personal comparison. The point being, some of us believe that you cannot eliminate any problem involving "millions" of people simply by "arresting" them, and I am a long time Law Enforcement officer with 30+ years experience (my partial resume, ala Skeeter). Even Hitler could not have eliminated the Jews (and the others he was after) no matter how much time he had-------it simply cannot be done, period, when that many people are involved. Even Bolivia, who has killed an est. 8 million (8,000,000) people in their mines over the past 400 years (according to PARADE Magazine), has not eliminated "miners", and the problem continues (not sure how that fact figures into this equation, but I am grasping at straws :lol: )

Anyway, I appreciate your response to my theories, and, you are right, we will see how the legislature does with this very real problem------and none of us will be totally satisfied, I am sure, least of all the ILLEGALS.

My worst fear is that they will do NOTHING!!!!! and if that happens, include me in your camp TOTALLY!!!

Best, Barry
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2006 at 09:27 PM

"I am a long time Law Enforcement officer with 30+ years"

Of course you are! Everyone knows that the Nomads are either retired cops or old hippies livin'' off mom and dads' real estate fortune! :lol:

I do agree tho....that we all need a fix.

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2006 at 09:29 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2006 at 10:05 PM

:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P
:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.