BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Watch out, it's true, people DO go there!
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 6-8-2006 at 06:56 AM

please....PLEASE......don't anyone tell anybody about my favorite places, ******** and ******** ** ****. Also, the less said about ********** and *************** the better!!! thx all!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2006 at 09:46 AM

Some..... jus don't get it.:no: or give a ratsass:mad:

[Edited on 6-8-2006 by Sharksbaja]

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Tomas Tierra
Super Nomad

Mood: Tengo Flojera

[*] posted on 6-8-2006 at 10:19 AM

I guess I'm guilty

.....I posted a photo of a rarely surfed left hander ( rarely surfed cause it pretty much sucks)... Man what a rash af crap I got from a couple of buddies who think it is some big secret...people go there all the time but don't surf it because there are alot better waves to be had close by....but it was still a photo blasted out over the internet for thousands to see...i deleted it... out of respect for my buddies...no gps coords given, no directions, just a photo...is that wrong?? I dunno... I could see if it was some super quality wave that no one knew about ( are there any left?)...

ahh well. it made me think though...its not just an email out to some friends..
eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2006 at 06:11 PM

our place is at playa linda km 34 south of san felipe,its not too much,just enough and we're adding on a little more...after the summer we'll be spending some time down there working on improvements and just hanging out...any and all nomads are invited to join us,its not really a secret spot just a real fun place to hang out:biggrin::biggrin:

Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 6-8-2006 at 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by eetdrt88
our place is at playa linda km 34 south of san felipe,its not too much,just enough and we're adding on a little more...after the summer we'll be spending some time down there working on improvements and just hanging out...any and all nomads are invited to join us,its not really a secret spot just a real fun place to hang out:biggrin::biggrin:

Is this the campo that's right next door to (and owned by the same family as) Campo La Joya?
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 6-8-2006 at 07:25 PM

secret wave spots

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2006 at 07:26 PM

another

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2006 at 08:18 PM
yes...

Quote:
Originally posted by Roberto
Quote:

Is this the campo that's right next door to (and owned by the same family as) Campo La Joya?
same owners...the father has owned the land for quite some time but his sons run the campo's now

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-8-2006 at 08:36 PM

In 1967, there was just 3 campos: 'Percebu', Nuevo Mazatlan (Agua de Chale), and Coloradito between San Felipe and Speedy's Camp near Puertecitos.

In 1971, Bahia Santa Maria, La Roca and a couple more to the south were created.

In 1983 the new (dirt) highway was built closer to the coast than the old Puertecitos road was... that had served the sulfur mine originally. Paving took another 10 years... so thin that it lasted a very short time... Re paving to Km. 32 (Nuevo Mazatlan) about 4 years ago, and that is finally being extended this year...

Tons of campos popped up along the entire coast over the next 20 years... The exception is the mangrove and salt flat backed 'Shell Island' being inside the federal zone (thank God).

[Edited on 6-9-2006 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 6-8-2006 at 10:07 PM

Quote:
same owners...the father has owned the land for quite some time but his sons run the campo's now

That's what I thought. So, I have a question you may be able to answer. In March, I was scouting around for a campo to lease land at. I liked what I saw at Playa Linda. There were a couple of lots available (one row behind the beach row), and the owner happened to be in residence, but running around somewhere. So, we came back later in the afternoon, he showed us around, we discussed price, terms, etc ... all was good right up until the point where I explained that my immediate plans were to set up a trailer on the lot and perhaps build up a place poco a poco.

That's when I was informed that trailers are not welcome at Playa Linda. You understand, people have thousands of dollars invested and they really don't want to look on a TRAILER next door. Given the history of the campos, I found this be to an ... interesting perspective. Do you have an explanation perhaps?

[Edited on 6-9-2006 by Roberto]
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 6-8-2006 at 10:26 PM

Yah Grover!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2006 at 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by grover
Quote:
Originally posted by Tomas Tierra...( rarely surfed cause it pretty much sucks)... Man what a rash af crap I got from a couple of buddies who think it is some big secret...
:lol:

Somebody should open a surf camp there...

wow grover that is a nice photo did you take that?

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Tomas Tierra
Super Nomad

Mood: Tengo Flojera

[*] posted on 6-9-2006 at 07:36 AM

Now that spot SUCKS!!!
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2006 at 11:16 AM
Grover,who needs wax?

"If having fun is the ultimate goal, a whinefest and stinkeye marathon on strangers doesn't exactly get the aloha flowing."

Says it all !

I can remember surfing in others domain. The locals reaction was well, pretty much the same reception everywhere.
Of course, San Blas was only there for those in the know. We would photograph the more serious and experienced guys(sorry gals weren't there). This was a great way to meet and get accepted as someone who"should" be there. Even tho were not as hot as some of those dudes we were welcomed to their camps. I don't know how they get along these days but I always gave plenty of berth to the more experienced. There is always some greedy wavehog types no matter where you go it seems. :cool: On the water or on the land. On the water they take ALL the waves. On land they take ALL the surprise.:rolleyes:

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-9-2006 at 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto
David; Is the Nudist camp still open? Was at one time about 10 miles below San Felipe; I would fuel at the small strip behind the Motel, take off and stay low to wave at all the Nudies as I went by at 500 Ft..

Skeet

You got me on that one... Typically, that kind of behavior is frowned on by the locals...

Punta Estrella and Punta Diggs is about that distance south, and I always camped further south.

Got any pictures?:lol::lol::light::yes:;D

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2006 at 08:44 AM
Roberto...

Quote:
Quote:

That's what I thought. So, I have a question you may be able to answer. In March, I was scouting around for a campo to lease land at. I liked what I saw at Playa Linda. There were a couple of lots available (one row behind the beach row), and the owner happened to be in residence, but running around somewhere. So, we came back later in the afternoon, he showed us around, we discussed price, terms, etc ... all was good right up until the point where I explained that my immediate plans were to set up a trailer on the lot and perhaps build up a place poco a poco.

That's when I was informed that trailers are not welcome at Playa Linda. You understand, people have thousands of dollars invested and they really don't want to look on a TRAILER next door. Given the history of the campos, I found this be to an ... interesting perspective. Do you have an explanation perhaps?

[Edited on 6-9-2006 by Roberto]
i heard the exact same story about the trailers even though the place i have is indeed a trailer but it was there before most of the nice houses on the beach(which are all relatively new)....acording to what i was told is that they have some kind of HOA there that decided they arent to stoked on the trailers and will not allow any more into the camp and may possibly get rid of the existing ones in the future...the upside is that if you look around and talk to a few people down that way you will probably hear what I did...which is that Playa Linda is one of the best run campo's of the whole area due to the fact they always have water and thievery is not really an issue there like at some of the other campo's...and btw it is also one of the most expensive at about 1200$ a year for a lot lease,all in all its a great place to be and I wish I was there right now:cool:

Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 6-10-2006 at 10:53 AM

I agree, it's a great place and seems well run. The water is a big plus too. That's why I was interested in leasing there. Might be getting a little snooty though.

[Edited on 6-10-2006 by Roberto]
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2006 at 11:47 AM

It is funny but true. as peple get older even surfers they put there nose up in the air for doing just what they did when they were younger.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2006 at 04:45 PM
most likely..

Quote:
I agree, it's a great place and seems well run. The water is a big plus too. That's why I was interested in leasing there. Might be getting a little snooty though.

[Edited on 6-10-2006 by Roberto]
because the people in the front row with the real nice houses are spending mucho bucko's,some as much as 200,000$...so apparently they dont want no trailer trash living behind them:lol::lol::lol: to me the whole idea of spending that much money on a place youre only at part time is kind of ridiculous,and then telling others around you how they should live is even more ridiculous but of course that is just my opinion....oh and just to let you know i've been down there about 4 times in the last 6 months(mostly holidays) and almost every time i'd say 75% of those houses were vacated :o

eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2006 at 04:47 PM
agreed...

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce R Leech
It is funny but true. as peple get older even surfers they put there nose up in the air for doing just what they did when they were younger.
except i'm not sure how many surfers are living on the sea of cortez beaches...not a whole lot of waves to be found down there:biggrin:

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.