Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: helmet law
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 11-24-2003 at 05:52 AM
thx Jerry, you rreally hit the nail

on the head, so to speak.
that's why loud pipes can save lives too!

and Bus, sorry...but you're too late on that, the system has evolved already thx to atty's and insurance conglomerates...i have to pay for the stuff that happens to you too! And that's whether you caused it indirectly or not. welcome to state supported social welfare amigos!

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

Mood: My friends..it's good.

[*] posted on 11-24-2003 at 06:03 AM

Hey Mike you are a nice guy and everyone is entitled to an opinion. I didn't intend to open a can of worms here.....just wanted to know what the law was in baja. You could ride butt naked for all I care and if you banged your noggen I would send a contribution to the trust fund for a drool bib and colostomy bag. Hope we meet again for dinner some day.....last time was fun.
Like my mom is fond of saying "fly low and fly slow"

"Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked of such a thing." Dwight David Eisenhower
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2003 at 07:39 AM

hea grover i think your headed in the right direction (choice) not laws

jerry and judi
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2003 at 07:50 AM
steph

sorry to hear about your friends
do you think that perhaps us older ugly people with bad bone structure and bad bodys should be able to get an exemtion from the helmet laws?? it isnt going to be a pretty funeral anyway lol jerry(P.S. dont take me too seriously

jerry and judi
FrankO
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2003 at 08:25 AM
From someone who does the scraping up.

I don't care what you wear. Most head injuries in vechicle crashes are from unrestrained victims. See it all the time, the passenger compartement is intact but that head thru the windshield or on the road is a little hamburgered. If they had just stayed in the car they'd be walking around. Up to you.
Most bike wrecks are pretty benign. It's that little bump on an unhelmeted head that's a b-tch.
Just stay insured so your family doesn't have to suck it up.
Neal Cox

[*] posted on 11-24-2003 at 08:37 AM

The original question was whether there is a helmet law in Baja, it seems there is. There is also a seat belt law, I know from experience. I was motioned to the side of the road in San Jose del Cabo for not wearing one. I had just lost my wallet and all of my ID (another story) and while waiting for the cop's superior to arrive, I pointed out to the cop that motioned me over that virtually every local driving by was not wearing a seat belt. He just shrugged. I, fortunately, did not have to pay a fine, but be aware that if you do not wear a seat belt or a motorcycle helmet you open yourself up to helping support the local economy a little more than you intended. But then, a broken windshield or almost anything else will earn you the same right.

[Edited on 11-24-2003 by Neal Cox]
hyme7of9
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2003 at 09:39 AM
Brain Buckets

The rational for not wearing a helmet is that your head is saved but your spinal cord is severed at the neck leaving you a quad.This is what you hear from anti - helmet people.I think it should be personal choice.Let those who don't want to wear one pay a MUCH higher insurance premium than the rest.Insurance is null and void if you goof and haven't payed the extra premium.Your medical care comes out of a fund created by the extra payed by the no helmit carriers .Your bike is not covered. Lets send this idea to the Terminator and see what he says.As a bike rider I'm sure he has some ideas on the subject.Maybe he'll put it to a referendum.Adios.Hyme
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 11-24-2003 at 11:25 AM
hola Grover, interesting stuff,

i wear a shoulder restraint in my comanche that i paid a lot to have retrofitted as it was not stock in 1961!

feeel its $$ well worth the investment as i do not want to have my panel knobs embedded into my forehead when i rapidly lose forward momentum! as for takeoff and landing phases....i think i want total freedom of movement and all sensory input unrestrained.....but WTF, you can't win them all.
i do enjoy a solo ride down a long deserted stretch of road when its warm sans a helmet, AZ lets us choose to do that if/when appropriate! if i was on a dirt bike or quad ratting around the des, i't be with a good helmet. its a matter of intelligent choice here.

Bus, if you're cooking, i'm eating.....i'll bring the wine and an opposing view if called for! debate is fun! i'm even swayed at times from my generally intractible positions!

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2003 at 09:41 PM
I have to agree with Frank O and Hyme7of9

This is a hard one for me, it shouldn't be the "law' to mandate (IMHO) stupity....Adults have the right figure out what is right or wrong for themselves, as long as they aren't putting others in danger because of their choices, what I forgot....(for a moment), was the people like FrankO and others (such as my Uncle Terry, who left his job as a Cop to go somewhere where they have no cars, he scraped one too many little girls off the road) is that THEY have to deal with the carnage and grief of the people THEY have to inform when these choices are made. Soooo, is it really toooo much to ask that everyone do everything we can to protect the people that we love? And protect the people that we don't even know who try to protect us?
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.