Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Keeping up with the Sancheses'
Porky Pig
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2006 at 10:56 AM
Keeping up with the Sancheses'

Who says San Quintin isn't booming? A second story was recently added to this Villa. It is sided with a great renewable, inexpensive product --- cardboard. One of our residents commented on the homey touch the plant in the egg crate box added.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 6-13-2006 at 05:52 PM

that is why there are no homeless peple here in Baja Ca.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2006 at 06:30 PM

I think, given enough large appliances purchases, that they could go up another floor.

Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2006 at 06:49 PM

Where is the rebar sticking our on top... he will be paying high taxes without it!
:lol:
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 6-13-2006 at 08:01 PM

Assuming someone has built that to live in it - where's the joke, exactly? What I see is a picture of poverty.

[Edited on 6-14-2006 by Roberto]
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2006 at 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Roberto
Assuming someone has built that to live in it - where's the joke, exactly? What I see is a picture of poverty.

[Edited on 6-14-2006 by Roberto]

If you really look at that photo it showed a house built by a person with pride they took time to paint part and it is clean and the fact that they have a house and don't owe a big morgridge puts them way above some people that I know in Newport beach that have a net worth of -3,000,000.00:lol:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2006 at 08:19 PM

This building looks suspiciously like the electrical generation plant at Cielito Lindo!!!
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 6-13-2006 at 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce R Leech
If you really look at that photo it showed a house built by a person with pride they took time to paint part and it is clean ...

Exactly - I think you may have missed my point, Bruce.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2006 at 08:54 PM

I'm saying that poverty is relative. I'm sure this peple feel god about there house and are grateful that they have it. there are always lots of peple that are worse off than you and that is what makes everything bearable

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2006 at 08:56 PM

Look at how nicely painted the outhouse is.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 6-13-2006 at 09:16 PM

Bruce, poverty is way past relative when you are talking about a bunch Gringos looking at shanties built by "relatively" poor Mexicans.

I grew up in poverty, and know it is not a stigma but a circumstance. But that can be hard to understand if you have not been there.
Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2006 at 09:19 PM

First reinforce the cardboard from the inside with some sticks, then attach some chicken wire to the cardboard, mix up a bag or two of concrete to use as stucco, paint it if you want, and you're in business.
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2006 at 11:01 PM

Widely circulated study ( by me, on Baja Nomad!)--
U.S. ranks 23rd overall on a "happiness" scale. Mexico ranks 2nd. Maybe it is the Mexican sense of humor, and acceptance of what life brings, that produces this statistic.
:yes:
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2006 at 12:25 AM
Understanding materialistic

appetites and obsessions can be no easier than in So Cal.
Shame these well trodden Hummer lovers have not the experience of humbleness to understand poverty at this level. To some of them , they(the poor) are admonished as not being successful as a human beings. Hardly the case. I would submit that seeing as how transparent their materialistic world really is is a lesson in itself.
After all, are they NOT trying to express an image while Ms. Daisy is being driven down to Rodeo Drive in her Champagne Hummer?

[Edited on 6-14-2006 by Sharksbaja]

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2006 at 03:33 AM

wahhh, wahh, wahhh!

we all know that poverty exists (worlwide) & much worse then in Mexico.
go poke your head around appalchia for a while....

don't worry to much about this. In short order George W is gonna have (what was the middle class) living like this. them we can make fun of even our (poor) selves.

capt g

don't we attempt to get a laugh from the wealthy occasionally.

It's a funny "photo"...laugh and get over it.

\"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men\" Plato
burro bob
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2006 at 08:11 AM

This reminds me of some of the houses I saw on the Beach at Los Frailes several years ago.
A couple of friends and I had gone down to Cabo Pulmo to dive and had gone to Los Frailes to find a panguero that would take us out for less than the ones at Cabo Pulmo. The beach just above high tide line was lined with tar paper shacks. Some of them were 3 or 4 rooms. We stopped at one, a newer truck was parked beside it, a satellite dish was mounted on the eave, the owner was sitting in the shade of his porch in a big easy-boy type recliner geting a haircut. All the gabachos in their $100,000 motorhomes were parked in a gully across the road. We all agreed that the guy in the tarpaper shack had a lot nice place than any of the long term campers in motorhomes. It was obvious that the man had everything he needed, he just didn't need anything fancier to live in than his "shack".
I think the other point that needs to be made is that the person that lives in this house probably does not have loan payments and insurance bills to pay.
There are many many tiny little cinderblock cubicles being built here in San Felipe. The young couples that move into them are able to pay for them relatively quickly. Very few stay as tiny little houses for long. They get added onto a few blocks at a time and soon they have another room. Yes they still are small, but they belong to the people that live in them, not the bank or some property management company.
Also, I think the house in the picture is painted white because the homeowners group for the neighborhood it is in requires that all homes be white.
burro bob

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.