Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  8
Author: Subject: Come invest with us - near Punta Colonet
Pilar2006
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 10:15 AM

Thank you for your excellent observations and I truly appreciate those who have provided good input. I even appreciate your those coming to the aid of the Spam Can Man. And now let me response, if I may:
To:
Don Alley - (from Loreto) the can man living in Loreto - well, I guess that sums it up! If you don't like the heat then don't start the fire!
Sharksbaja - (Altra Nomad) ok, lol
Grover - (from San Diego) true! The question is how far out will the town extend.
Bajabound2005 - very matter of fact!
Bob H - (Super Nomad) yeap! We read the same thing but don't believe. We don't think anyone is going to stop Japan and China from saving billions of dollars. I won't want to be the person in front of this steamroller.
Paula - (another Loreto person). So explain the kind of person who would throw mud at a person who is following all the "rules" (maybe not customs) of the board. If one doesn't like a post there is a proper (Mexican) way of sharing your opinion. One does not have to be rude, insulting or childish. Maybe he is going nice to Gringos living in Mexico. Hmmm, that sounds familiar. To answer your question: an eco-community is one that is environmental friendly. The group, not me, decided to go this way. They are very interested in saving resources and are looking into adobe and straw bale homes, desalinization and solar. There is now a debate over dirt roads vs. cobblestone..
JZ - (Senior Nomad) very matter of fact!
Jerry - (Senior Nomad) true point. The object is to create jobs for Mexicans, not Americans. The group is more considered about working in their own gardens than building someone else's house.
Jim - put your glasses on! There are prices. Not only prices but our connect information, our family and everything about us! As opposed to you, who takes shots from the dark! Visibility created Creditability and you are at zero!
Elizabeth - you are too funny.. What is the webpage name? Oh, Real Estate Available,,, hmmm well, let's look at the posts.. hmmm .. hotel for sale, Lots for sale on the Bay, La Paz beachfront for sale! Gee, and you find it offensive for me to discuss real estate, interesting. As for being a member of this website, not that it is any business of yours, but my husband has belonged to this website for years! As for any attack, you need to go back to the top and go down the comments to find out who tried a lame attempt to discredit someone with ABSOLUTELY ON KNOWNLEDGE.
Bruce R Leech - very well written from Mulege. Not that it is your business, and I believe I read the rules about posts, that is why it is placed here, and not in ANY other category, my husband has belonged to this group for years. I didn't see any long write up from the other listing...are they all your buddies? I feel those who insult others "with no facts" desired to be insulted but I appreciate you standing up for your buddy. The can guy who started this debate.

As for the salesperson comment. One email to the bajainvestor group and two days is what it took to over subscribe Playa de Arena. If you know anything about Baja, selling beachfront property is easy - it's preparing the property to be sold and using the North American process that is hard.

To those living in Baja who think their naughty comments and half truths are going to stop other North Americans from coming to Baja - it won't work! To those living in Baja and giving factual information, you are to be commended. At a time when both sides are SO defensive you are the only bridge to unity. To those hundreds of folks who are going to read this, including the Playa de Arena group, please carefully look at the people making the comments to validate the information I gave you. Check the stars by the names, look where they are writing from and ask yourself what is their agenda, oh yes, and enjoy the humor of a Jim or Elizabeth telling a Maria Del Pilar about Mexico.
bajamigo
Super Nomad

Mood: hubimos llegado

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 10:29 AM

Welcome, Pilar 2006. It takes a special talent to tick off so many people with the first posting out of your mouth. Let's call a sale a sale. In the US, your posting would have had the SEC and the NASD on your neck.

And if Don Alley is of a mind to retain as much of the original charm of Mexico that probably attracted him here in the first place, that is his right. He doesn't deserve the level of venom you've been spewing at him. This is a forum for the discussion, not polemics.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 10:32 AM

Wow well written Pilar2006 I think that you have shown that you care enough to answer every one that posted here. so you are definitely not a spammer in my book. in fact you answered with such class I think you are our newest Nomad.

Welcome as you can tell there a lot of us here that don't like developments here in Baja but we all know that they are inevitable and we do like it when they try to keep it clean like it sounds like you are trying to do. I think you can learn a lot frome the Baja Nomads fourm. and we can learn something frome you.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 10:40 AM

It seems to me that Pilar would enjoy the off-topic board--I agree very much with Larry's evaluation.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
bancoduo
Banned

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paula
Pilar, what is an eco-community?
A eco-community is a development that sets a very small piece of land aside to preserve the environment. Kind of take a lot then give a little back to nature.:mad:
bancoduo
Banned

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 12:30 PM

Pilar will gladly take your money; put it in the trunk of her BMW and guard it with her life. Where are the ROSIRITO 100 when you need them?:cool::cool::cool::lol:

[Edited on 6-24-2006 by bancoduo]
jimgrms
Senior Nomad

Mood: its always good

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 12:34 PM

Checked your site again , found one price a camp ground for 250,000 a awful lot of the nomads used to camp there for nothing also :barf:how can you get title to beachfront prop ? isn,t that mex gov propt, however i wish you luck ,in your endeavors,
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 01:30 PM

I think that is why so many attacked Pilar. There is real class difference on this board (rich, poor, and everyone in between), and I think that causes a lot of conflicts.

[Edited on 6-24-2006 by JZ]
Pilar2006
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 02:31 PM

Hey bancoduo, your picture, number of stars, location and comment all go together, good job! I agree with your definition as it related to an eco-development. The major difference is that the eco-community is owned by the people who are designing it. And guess what... you won't believe this, but they "aren't coming from urban sprawl to be stacked on top of each other" I can't take credit for that comment..that comes from Tom is San Jose. I won't share his other comments.

jim - good job, you did found a price. I accept your apology. See, it's false statements, like your first one, that causes bad feelings. If you know anything about Mexican law you know anyone who camped on this land broke the law and 'm sure Nomads don't support breaking the law.

The first 20 meters belongs Mexican Government property and I don't think too many people want it! However, if you are Mexican and know the right people you can get it... look furture south for an example. Thanks, and I wish you the best
bancoduo
Banned

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pilar2006
Hey bancoduo, your picture, number of stars, location and comment all go together, good job! I agree with your definition as it related to an eco-development. The major difference is that the eco-community is owned by the people who are designing it. And guess what... you won't believe this, but they "aren't coming from urban sprawl to be stacked on top of each other" I can't take credit for that comment..that comes from Tom is San Jose. I won't share his other comments.

jim - good job, you did found a price. I accept your apology. See, it's false statements, like your first one, that causes bad feelings. If you know anything about Mexican law you know anyone who camped on this land broke the law and 'm sure Nomads don't support breaking the law.

The first 20 meters belongs Mexican Government property and I don't think too many people want it! However, if you are Mexican and know the right people you can get it... look furture south for an example. Thanks, and I wish you the best
I happen to be president of the Zona Norte chamber of commerce. Drop in when you are passing thru.

[Edited on 6-24-2006 by bancoduo]
Pilar2006
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 02:56 PM

Wow, I'm impressed! I will stop by and get your autograph.

I'm headed to Guadalajara the first week in July but I'll be headed your way July 21st. Just do me one favor, please comb your hair.

Don't mean to be rude but I'm afraid you might scare my grand children...
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 04:08 PM

We haven't seen this irreverence since the days of JR!
Pilar2006
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 04:26 PM

Irreverence .. is that a gringo word that means I'm sorry for throwing mud at other people who post on this web site?

Or does it mean that you can make all the rude comments (refer to your two prior posts!) and it is "irreverence" when others respond in the same tone.
Write this down and try to remember it "do onto others as you would have them to do onto you!." Someone with a much BIGGER title than you said that!

P.S. JR? is that the son of JZ... lol

Damn, I guess I won't make a very good saleswoman! Must be my latin blood and gringo upbringing that doesn't allow me to put up with your macho "better than you" bs.
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 05:02 PM

Pilar welcome to the Nomads, what you quoted was the Golden Rule!

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 06:24 PM

Que barbaro! I really enjoyed all that, especially the spam can and the woman who stuck up for Don...nice to have amigos eh! Now I feel guildty as I don't think I introduced myself either...so...Hola todos, soy Shari who lives with her husband Juan and daughter Sirena in lovely Bahia Asuncion. I've been living in baja for 17 years and worked as a whale researcher and english teacher at UABCS in guerrero negro. I love sailing, tecate, dancing, music, swimming, beachcombing, meeting new friends and hate developers and really drunk guys. OK...now I too have a real estate deal for ya....a pal of mine yesterday asked if I knew anyone who wanted to buy a lot....he is selling his for 5,000 pesos (under $500) here in Asuncion. He bought another house and wants to sell his lot. I know it's kind of expensive, maybe he'd take a trade of a BMW!!! Ha! There are a few houses and lots here for sale...I'm not a developer, but like to help my friends sell their places....nobody here has money to buy them so they need outsiders to buy. I do have a self interest though as if some gringos come here, maybe they can bring me some magazines and real butter!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 08:31 PM

Hi shari, and welcome to Nomads-- ha-ha--( as Sirenita might say). I know you've been here about as long as I have.

Actually 2 women stuck up for Don, and one of them is his wife.:biggrin::biggrin::dudette:

Know what you mean about that real butter... we can usually buy it now in Loreto. The question is... is that a good thing or a bad thing?
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2006 at 06:30 AM

Hey ladies
You can buy 5k of New Zealand butter at Costco for under $20....that is definitely a bad thing.

Talking about a thread highjack:lol:

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 6-25-2006 at 06:34 AM

Pilar..........put in and license an airstrip adjacent and i'll be you're voca nova.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Pilar2006
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2006 at 07:05 AM

Capt... we both know that China and Japan are going to make sure there is an airport in Punta Colonet. The only question is "Will it be larger or smaller than LAX"
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 6-25-2006 at 07:08 AM

oh yea that WILL happen....:lol:

maybe when our grandkids are OLD!!!

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  8

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.