Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: News being censored in Mexico
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 06:21 AM
News being censored in Mexico

turn on your TV and turn the Chanel to FOX news. if you are on Mexico's SKY satellite system you will see a message saying that due to the laws of the election commission that service on this Chanel must be temporally interrupted. this has been on since last night at 10 pm. it has also been on some other news Chanel off and on.:lol::?:

I wonder what story's FOX ran that they did not like:o

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 07:34 AM

maybe it's because fox didn't pick up the story about the four headless caballeros.......:P

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 10:13 AM

Woody I think it must be some kind of political coverage because it says that due to the laws of the election commission that service on this Chanel must be temporally interrupted.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 10:24 AM

I've been told that BBC on sky is off also.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 10:25 AM

Quote:

Woody I think it must be some kind of political coverage because it says that due to the laws of the election commission that service on this Chanel must be temporally interrupted.

that's what they want you to think bruce. it all just a big conspiracy to keep the little man down......:lol:

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 10:28 AM

What do the few at the top fear?

My answer to those who visit Cuba and come back saying how happy the people there are with the system they have is then WHY is Castro so affraid to have freedom permitted?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 10:31 AM

Quote:

WHY is Castro so affraid to have freedom permitted?

because the people would be FREE to remove his crusty ass.:moon:

bancoduo
Banned

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce R Leech
turn on your TV and turn the Chanel to FOX news. if you are on Mexico's SKY satellite system you will see a message saying that due to the laws of the election commission that service on this Chanel must be temporally interrupted. this has been on since last night at 10 pm. it has also been on some other news Chanel off and on.:lol::?:

Go to FOX NEWS; type in[mexican elections] at search. It might answer your question. Lots of stuff there.
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 10:53 AM
Bruce

Real surprise there! For years Mexican reporters were paid on the side by the PRI but I'm sure they would never suppress the news.

At least, in this case, they are telling the people.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 10:58 AM

Quote:
originaalyposted by David K.
My answer to those who visit Cuba and come back saying how happy the people there are with the system they have is then WHY is Castro so affraid to have freedom permitted?

You may be referring toa post or two that I made. What I said, or meant to say, is that the people of Cuba are amazingly resilient. I have never felt that most Cubans seem so happy BECAUSE of Castro, but in spite him.:D
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bancoduo
Quote:

Go to FOX NEWS; type in[mexican elections] at search. It might answer your question. Lots of stuff there.

thanks bancoduo that is what I was looking for.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 11:01 AM

Good morning Paula... No, I wasn't refering to any of your comments. I know someone who went there and had nothing but praise. As if the people he had contact with dared to say anything bad!!!

Bruce, doesn't this thread belong on the Baja Political forum, perhaps?

[Edited on 6-24-2006 by David K]

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Baja Bernie
Real surprise there! For years Mexican reporters were paid on the side by the PRI but I'm sure they would never suppress the news.

yes I guess they cant buy FOX news off so they will turn them Off:lol:

CNN must of took the pay off
:lol:.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K

Bruce, doesn't this thread belong on the Baja Political forum, perhaps?

[Edited on 6-24-2006 by David K]

yes David I think you are right.:o

Maybe Doug will move it for me:spingrin:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 11:10 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Baja Bernie

yes I guess they cant buy FOX news off so they will turn them Off:lol:

CNN must of took the pay off
:lol:.

GOOD ANSWER BRUCE!!!

Mexray
Super Nomad

Mood: Baja Time

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 01:57 PM
If you want to read about Cuba...

...in 'readable' format, with 1st person observations - find a copy of:

Cuban Diaries - An American Housewife in Havana

by Isadora Tattlin ISBN: 1-56512-349-2
published in 2002

Just read it a couple of weeks ago. Isadora is the wife of a European energy consultant, who with their small children, were stationed in Cuba for several years. She kept a diary while there and turned it into a book upon leaving. It's an honest evaluation of what Cuban citizens deal with on a day-to-day basis on their island 'paradise'!

Not only does Isadora write of her house-hold adventures, but of 'rubbing elbows' with Castro himself!

An interesting read that shines some light onto another group of 'amigos' to the south of us! I enjoyed it.

According to my clock...anytime is \'BAJA TIME\' & as Jimmy Buffett says,
\"It doesn\'t use numbers or moving hands It always just says now...\"
Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 02:58 PM

"The Big Story" on Fox News afternoons is doing a series on Mexican politics, and yesterday they reported on the murdered police in Rosarito, and I believe that report commented on the possible effects the violence could have on the Mexican elections. It also seemed to suggest, if I remember correctly, that tourists visiting the Rosarito and Acupulco areas should maybe have second thoughts?

And Fox is indeed off the air here. Our CNN is CNN international, and they are so wrapped up in covering the price of coffee in Togo and cricket matches in Sri Lanka that no one in Mexico is paying them any money, or any attention. :biggrin:

OK, yes, I watched Fox news on Sky. Yechh! :biggrin:
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 03:08 PM

Mexray, I had intended to read Cuban Diaries a year or so ago. A friend recommended it, but I forgot about it.
Thank you for the reminder.:dudette::yes:
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

Mood: gone fishin'

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 03:38 PM

Isn't there a law in Meixco that states no election promotion can take place two weeks prior to an election? This is to not influence the voters so close to the election. Perhaps this has something to do with it? Also FOX News is quite outspoken (to put it mildly) and they likely violate the laws in Mexico on a constant basis. :lol:

bancoduo
Banned

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by flyfishinPam
Isn't there a law in Meixco that states no election promotion can take place two weeks prior to an election? This is to not influence the voters so close to the election. Perhaps this has something to do with it? Also FOX News is quite outspoken (to put it mildly) and they likely violate the laws in Mexico on a constant basis. :lol:
I understand your point but I would think FOX would be PAN's baby as opposed to Cnn and Lew Dobbs. Maybe they think Fox is "fair and balanced". Can't have that. Go big O!:lol::lol::lol:
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.